WinCE 5 'no maps' error   

WinCE 5 'no maps' error

Postby Hotpants » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi all, I know this topic is popular after Googling, but I'm totally fed up now :013: .

I have an old Blaupunkt that is running WinCE 5, and had the 930.5601 UK&ROI map running fine.

However, being a messer, I thought I would update to the latest 945 map. The unit is a bit of a pain - sometimes it picks up in Win 7, other times it refuses to do so, and I have to use Active Sync to transfer stuff. For some stupid reason, I loaded on the 945 map that didn't have a meta code (doh) and tried to activate it. I removed that map folder and replaced the old one.

However, every time I start the unit, I get the 'no maps' error, and asks me to download etc.

The map folder is in the 'Flash Disk' folder on the unit. There is no SD card in it.

I have transferred the map from the unit to an SD card, ran Fast Activate, updated the meta, and ran the map patcher, and it says it has generated a dct file. I have then copied all of the files across into the map folder back in the 'Flash Disk' folder of the unit.

Any idea why I am still getting the 'no maps' error? Did trying to activate the incorrect map generate a ttnavigator.bif file that is causing the problem, or is the map not related to this file? The ttnavigator.bif file is in the 'Flash Disk' folder and not the map folder.

When I updated the map the other week thanks to fatboyfun's help, it was a piece of cake, and I thought it would be straightforward, but the 'no map' error is now a pain....

Many thanks

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Re: WinCE 5 'no maps' error

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Try deleting the ttnavigator.bif file, a new one will be created
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Hotpants » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Thanks mate. I've deleted map folder and ttnavigator, replaced the map, and started the unit, and now getting the usual activation warning. Battery ran out, so will transfer contents to SD card tomorrow, run Fast Activate and see how I get on.

Quick question - do I transfer the whole of the 'Flash Disk' folder to SD to run, just the map folder, or the map folder and the ttnavigator file?

Regards

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Map folder, voice folder if needed and ttnavigator.bif are all you need to run fastactivate
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Hotpants » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:23 pm

You, sir, are a genius n :lol:

Thanks, all sorted!

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby Hotpants » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Another quick question if I may....

All working fine. Is it possible to put speedcams on this unit? I've transferred the ov2 and bmp files into the map folder, but when I try to set up a sound warning near the poi, the unit says 'no pictures found' if I try to select a sound.

Is this beacuse of the way this unit is installed with ttnavigator, because there is no 'sounds' folder, or just the fact that a WinCE device cant utilise this facility.

Cheers :023:

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:58 pm

Yes, speedcams can be used on TomTom navigator 7, I've no idea why it says no pictures found???

I haven't used TomTom on wince for quote a while though if I'm honest.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Hotpants » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:23 am

Thanks fatboyfun. I'll have a play with it and add in a sounds folder if there is space.

One of these days I'll have a go at putting iGo on it :lol:

LOL sussed it. POI wasn't enabled in one of the menu screens DOH.
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom