Becker Map Pilot Information, Please.   

Becker Map Pilot Information, Please.

Postby lammy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:44 pm

I have just purchased a Becker Map Pilot unit and I was wondering if there's any way of obtaining the latest maps without logging onto the Becker website.
I apologise if this question has been asked in any previous posts.

Thanks in advance.
lammy offline

Re: Becker Map Pilot Information, Please.

Postby katuga » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:39 pm

I'm interested to know this as well. I think the integration of BMP on W204 with SA code 508 is on it's infancy and to date, only a handful use them due to bad reviews. I have '13 W204 and it took 2 years of ownership before I finally pulled the trigger. BMP is not very intuitive compare to other portable Navi's but the convenience of a fully integrated Navi convinced me, otherwise.

I recently updated to 2015/2016 V5.0 NA map package via CM. I'll find a way to share if anybody here is willing to test and contribute to the community.
katuga offline

Postby fanaticbmw » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi, I'm interested in the map.
You can archive and give me a link?
fanaticbmw offline

Postby katuga » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:46 am

fanaticbmw wrote:Hi, I'm interested in the map.
You can archive and give me a link?

Well I hit a road block! I own both EU (M054) and US (M014) version.
Currently my EU version has the latest EU Map (2015/V10.0) and NA Map Package 2015/2016 V5.0. But due to storage limitation, I can only load one map package at a time. OTOH, the US version is limited to NA Map Package only. EU version is the winner, hands down. At least IMO!

My US version has an outdated 2011 NA map. I manually updated the map and migrated other essential files via backdoor from which CM successfully acknowledged and recognized. But once I plug the module to the car it says "Map was successfully updated without unlocking the key"...or something like that, therefore disabling the Nav functions for that region. My quest stopped here since I am not able to access and decipher the license key which is unique for each module.

Lemme know if you're up to far or perhaps someone here is willing to tackle the road block.
katuga offline

Return to Mercedes-Benz