Mobile Speed Cameras - True or False   

Mobile Speed Cameras - True or False

Postby naviboy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Read on TomTom site for Speed Camera downloads, that Mobile Speed Camera's can only used on TomTom Go or TomTom Live with an Active Sub.

True or False ??
TomTom One XL - 5.5128 BL - 9.541 SE NC - UK + ROI 1105_11755 & Canada-Alaska_1085_11364- 4GB SD Card
naviboy offline

Re: Mobile Speed Cameras - True or False

Postby tendriver » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:28 pm

True, with this small caveat [an active subscription]. I honestly don't know if the Mobiles that we post in "TomTom Official Speedcams" will still be available or not.

Mobile speed cameras are only available on the new TomTom GO range and TomTom LIVE navigation devices with an active subscription
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby naviboy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks,

This is why I asked the question, for a number of years I've used your TT Speedcam downloads. But the Mobiles are not shown in my area at least and some others I know of.

I currently use a download of Navitotal from approx. 2012 which did have Mobile speedcams, it also appears that the current SCDB also does not show them either
TomTom One XL - 5.5128 BL - 9.541 SE NC - UK + ROI 1105_11755 & Canada-Alaska_1085_11364- 4GB SD Card
naviboy offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:49 pm

naviboy wrote:1. Thanks, This is why I asked the question, for a number of years I've used your TT Speedcam downloads. But the Mobiles are not shown in my area at least and some others I know of.
2. I currently use a download of Navitotal from approx. 2012 which did have Mobile speedcams, it also appears that the current SCDB also does not show them either

1. Confirm that you are loading into your unit only the Premium files which include the Mobile cams.
2. How accurate/valid do you think 3 year old Mobile cam files are gonna be? Also do you recall that, around this same 2012 time period, the UK shut down a big bunch of their cams. It was noticed when the size of tHe UK cam files made a big drop in size.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby naviboy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:32 pm

tendriver wrote:
naviboy wrote:1. Thanks, This is why I asked the question, for a number of years I've used your TT Speedcam downloads. But the Mobiles are not shown in my area at least and some others I know of.
2. I currently use a download of Navitotal from approx. 2012 which did have Mobile speedcams, it also appears that the current SCDB also does not show them either

1. Confirm that you are loading into your unit only the Premium files which include the Mobile cams.
2. How accurate/valid do you think <span id="IL_AD2" class="IL_AD">3 year old</span> Mobile cam files are gonna be? Also do you recall that, around this same 2012 time period, the UK shut down a big bunch of their cams. It was noticed when the size of tHe UK cam files made a big drop in size.

1. Yes - 25/01/15 update

2. Alot more accurate than current, as none of the Mobile Van Camera sites never ceased in my area (S.Wales) or South Devon. I also believe some have been re-introduced in Avon/Somerset area.
naviboy offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom