Voices not availible to change   

Voices not availible to change

Postby 2urtle » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:50 am

Hi I have got a tomtom one v3 I have also updated a go820 but I can't seem to get all the voices to work.
I have put them in a voices folder and also tried in the root of the sd/device fastactivate recognises them and says they're ok. But Not all of them are visible on the device.
What am I doing wrong? (uk voices Tim and Jane always work)

Also the BBC voices apart from lynn Bowls (but it is data 92 and is listed as steve dangerous) have no link in them. (I was trying to find sally traffic for my Father (go820)). I would like to get the complete set if possible.
2urtle offline

Re: Voices not availible to change

Postby fredderf » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:00 pm

2urtle wrote:I have put them in a voices folder and also tried in the root of the sd/device fastactivate recognises them and says they're ok. But Not all of them are visible on the device.
What am I doing wrong? (uk voices Tim and Jane always work)

Go back into the voices folder and remove the *.DCT files
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby tendriver » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:20 pm

2urtle wrote:What am I doing wrong?

You may want to read this before you continue: Important note for new Tomtom models like VIA, Start20/25, Go1xxx - please read!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby dave1938 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:11 pm

Hello, I am having a similar problem, I just started off with a blank install on my TTOneV3 and installed Navcor 9.540.2 and your new 945.6243 maps. When I look in the settings it was saying no voices in my language, so I looked for the voice folder in the root but there was none (I thought this might be included with the new Navcore). So I copied my voice folder from my old 7903 backup as it contained voices I had aquired (all previously working on 7903). When I re-booted the v3 the choose voice screen opened but when I tried to find my voices they were wrongly tagged, for example my Irish voice "Kathy" was showing as Chineese and although I think the icon looked correct, it had a smaller box within it containing Chineese characters. I have selected it as when I ran the sound "test" it was actually playing the Irish voice of "Kathy" even though the choice selected was Chineese from the list.

I don't know if this would be of interst to member "downunder" who provided me with the Navcore? I am working my way through a number of minor problems trying to use the forum before asking for help. I intend to write about the work I have done on my v3 when I have got everything working correctly, so that other forum members might find it of use.

Thank you tendriver and downunder for your help with the other problems I will respond to ASAP.
Best wishes,
Dave.
dave1938 offline

Postby dave1938 » Sat May 09, 2015 5:48 pm

Please can somebody help me? I have tried to solve a couple of problems on my own but now am stuck and I need your help. I don't give up easiliy and have spent twelve hours reading many topics here (and on the Internet) and cannot resolve the problems...

I started with a completely clean SD card and run the flash clear program from TT.

I installed the Navcor 9.540.2 you recommended to run the v945 6243 mapping (in place of v7903) and that's working fine now with all the latest speed cameras and v945 postcodes.

My TT Onev3 is booting up via the PC's USB instantly now with this newer Navcore so thanks for that, it was one of my problems with the 7903 you said would be solved.

But since I installed all new, every time the PC detects the USB (the TT being connected to it) a warning screen is opening saying that the TT drive ("H" in my sytem) is corrupted, could have been damaged by not shutting down correctly. It gives the option to ingore or scan and repair. So I clicked the scan and repair and selected scan for errors and try to fix problems. Then another warning window opened and said that the drive was no longer accessible, so I tried to open it in "My Computer" but it said the same, also when I tried to "remove USB" so I could dismount the TT. I switched the TT off by the power switch and when I re-connected it would not start up. I reset it and tried again. It started but just showed that there was no card fitted. I plugged the card into my card reader and most of the files had gone, the installation was destroyed.

So I downloaded a proper SD Card formatting program (used windows 7 last time but read it's better to use a dedicated formatting tool for SD cards) and formatted (full format) the card and started again. A considerable time later I had re installed it to the stage I was at last time. Switched off to load the file needed from the first power up. As soon as it was re connected to the USB the same warning of corrupted or dmage drive "H" came up again. I had tried several times before installing all your software simply connecting, dis-mounting before unplugging etc and it opened perfectly on both the card reader and in the TT intself - no mention of any problems with the drive H till the OS was installed on it. The second time, I did not click "san and fix" I ignored it and so far it's still worning apart from constantly telling me that the drive is faulty!

Any ideas with that one anybody? Next...

I'm totally stuck with getting the only voice I actually want to work properly. The 9.540.2 Navcore doesn't install any of the basic TT standard voices so I have copied my original voices over from a backup of my previously working (v7903) voices. I only had three custom voices on it, they were the ones I wanted to use, one in particular but it refuses to load up on the 9.540 Navcore the same as it does in my original 7903. I have opened the data.vif files in notepad and made sure that the seven lines that appear contain the correct data for the selected voice. I also note that the first 60 "slots" seem to be reserved for standard TT voices that are included with the original versions of Navcore. I tried to use the numbers below 60 but they always retain their original "slots" so I can only assume this is contained witin the Navcore. I only incude below tables for others, obviously the authors will know all this but including it also shows I have "tried" to resolve the problem myself.

I have followed this convention...

Line 1 – Name
Line 2 – Filename of the corresponding .chk file
Line 3 – Name
Line 4 – Number representing gender - ‘0’ = young, ‘1’= female, ‘2’ = male.
Line 5 – Number representing language
Line 6 – Number representing flag
Line 7 – Version number

I have used the standard listing of basic voices to avoid re-naming custom voices with "reserved slots"...

Line 5 – Language codes

0. English UK
1. Deutsch
2. English US
3. Francais
4. Espanol
5. Italiano
6. Nederlands
7. Vlaams
8. Dansk
9. Svenska
10. Soumi
11. Português
12. Norsk
13. Polski
14. Ceetina
15. Turkçe
16. Magyar
17. Eesti
18. Latviski
19. Lietuviskai
20. Catala
21. Slovencina

Line 6 – Flag codes

0. No Flag
110. UK
111. Italy
112. Belgium
113. France
114. US
115. Switzerland
116. - 119. (Korean)
120. Ireland
121. Luxembourg
122. Andorra
123. Liechtenstein
124. - 150. (none)
199. (none)
200. Poland
201. Czechoslovakia
202. Slovakia
203. Australia
204. Russia
205. Romania
206. Serbia
207. Croatia
208. Greece
209. Turkey
210. Bulgaria
211. Canada
212. (Korean)

I have one file that works perfectly on v7903 but refuses to work on Navcor 9.540. It contains these files...

data119.chk
data119.vif

When opened in notepad the vif file is not properly tagged but changing it to the correct format makes no difference in 9.540 - in fact it appears in the voice listing in the device as "Tao - Chinese" and although the background icon is showing a female outline there is a flag in the top left corner containing chineese writing and it is also listed as Chinese. The voice plays ok but this is driving me crazy, I can't give up once I decide to solve a probem. I even tried editing the vif file and making the 7 lines with info the same as the standard TT voice set, also no matter what number (above 60) I try it's always showing up in the device wrong, obviously I'm chaning the .chk filename to match the data.vif name. I can only think that there's something in the .chk file that is not working correctly with the newer Navcore and that data within is causing some conflict. I have tried the same files in my other TT which still has 7903 in it and it works perfectly in that.

Hope somebody can help point me in the right direction. I was going to write up the entire process for other newbies to follow but as I can't actually get it all working I don't want to do that yet!

For anybody that's interested, here is a list i got from the net that shows the standard TT voice allocated number slots, it mostly looks right compared to my original TT voice set included on my TT when I bought it new...

data00.chk - Brigitte - Dansk
data01.chk - Werner - Deutsch
data02.chk - Lisa - Deutsch
data03.chk - NOT INCLUDED
data04.chk - Tim (GB) - English
data05.chk - Jane (GB) - English
data06.chk - Ken (AU) - English
data07.chk - Lori (US) - English
data08.chk - Bonnie (US) - English
data09.chk - Richard (US) - English
data10.chk - Marta - Español
data11.chk - Jacques - Français
data12.chk - Catherine - Français
data13.chk - Chiara - Italiano
data14.chk - Bram - Nederlands
data15.chk - Eva - Nederlands
data16.chk - Nora - Nederlands
data17.chk - Cora (B) - Nederlands
data18.chk - Liv - Norsk
data19.chk - Astrid - Svenska
data20.chk - Jørgen - Norsk
data21.chk - Patrik - Svenska
data22.chk - Antonio - Español
data23.chk - Nils - Dansk
data24.chk - Roberto - Italiano
data25.chk - Joaquim - Português
data26.chk - Catarina - Português
data27.chk - Kati - Suomi
data28.chk - Matti - Suomi
data29.chk - Bernard - Nederlands (NL)
data30.chk - Olympia - Greek
data31.chk - Aristides - Greek
data32.chk - Anna - Ruskii
data33.chk - Vlad - Ruskii
data34.chk - Katarzyna - Polski
data35.chk - Andrzej - Polski
data36.chk - Jüri - Eesti
data37.chk - Barbara - Slovencina
data38.chk - Serra - Türkçe
data39.chk - Kamran - Türkçe
data40.chk - Ivars - Latviski
data41.chk - Miloslav - Ceština
data42.chk - Erra - Malay
data43.chk - Marius - Bulgarian
data44.chk - Norma - Español (LA)
data45.chk - Raul - Español (LA)
data46.chk - Maria - Catalan
data47.chk - Predrag - Srpski
data48.chk - Andy Siddell - English (UK)
data49.chk - Goran - Hrvatski (Croat)
data50.chk - Gabriela - Português (BRA)
data51.chk - Marika - Magyar(HUN)
data52.chk - Vladas - Lietuvskai
data53.chk - Tao - Chinese (Mandarin)
data54.chk - Bai-Qiang - Chinese (Cantonese)
data55.chk - Kiyoshi - Japanese
data56.chk - Oana - Roman
data57.chk - Yue - Thai

Thanks, all the best,
Dave.
dave1938 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun May 10, 2015 2:13 am

1. Voices showing with wrong names, weird characters or misleading desciptions are in almost all cases related to the wrong information in the VIF files.
For example: Every voice has a unique number to identify it - this must be matched with the filenames for that voice as well as with the information withing the VIF file.
Especially third party voices don't care about using a uniquie number which often causes other voices, with the same number to disappear.
2. Using Home or actually taking a Windows error message as truth is not a good idea ;)
By repairing the TT using Windows you actually wrecked it.
The .chk files are used by TT, Windows uses the same extension for lost files on a hard drive - so never trust Windows with it.

If you want all voices working I suggest to start by downloading the standard voices directly with Home, for all others check the numbers of the filenames and within the VIF file and adjust accordingly.
There was a list on the web ages ago listing all TT standard voices with their corresponding numbers, maybe you find it to guide you.
The numbers are also "stacked" to reflect different languages, so if an english voice ends up in a slot (the umbers) for a chinese voice it will be listed as a chinese voice in the menu.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby dave1938 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:41 am

Hello Downunder, thanks for gwetting back...

I suspected something to do with the fragmented file types .chk being a problem but as I didn't have this when using 7903 Navcore (which I updated to last year from Navitotal also) I couldn't understand why I'm only seeing it now on the later version as I assume that 7903 was using the same file types. I have just clicked cancel when Windows 7 says the drive is faulty but I have a problem within myself that I like things to be as near perfect as possible.

Yes I included the listings (here) and naming convention used for the TT voices as standard and have already replaced the missing voice files folder in Navcor 9.540.2 with the default TT set. Like I said I have made sure that my new voices are in free slots (from 61) and obviously the .vif number must correspond to the .chk number and also the data within the .vif must link it to the corresponding file. What I did initially was to simply copy and paste the fully working "voices" folder from my 7903 into the 9540 installation and they no longer worked, yes the default set did but my three custom ones no longer worked. I have got two of them working and one was Irish (UK) and the one I couldn't get to work was also Irish (UK) so thinking on the trend you mention, I tried to re-name (and edit the .vif to suit) the one I wanted with the same number as the working one but still it's always the same file that refuses to work no matter what number slot I give it. Sadly it would be the only voice that I actually want from all of them! I read something somewhere on the net that newer versions of Navcore handle the files differently.

If you don't have any other ideas I will just have to mess around trying different numbers in case one of them works. The name it's giving my voice is always "data53.chk - Tao (Chinese)" no matter what number I edit to, it's very strange it works fine in 7903, I just like to solve these unusual problems.

I will let you know if I have any luck and please let me know if you have any other ideas. Thanks,
Dave.
dave1938 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon May 11, 2015 12:19 pm

Please upload the voice files in question to a file hoster.
Include the one you want and the one that is working for the same number.
When I find some time I will check them.
Recorded voices are just that, a bunch of audio files packed into a single file.
Paid voices use encryption and make it often impossible to change the numbers they use, people even lost their un-replacable Clarkson voice doe to this.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Mon May 11, 2015 12:50 pm

dave1938 wrote: Sadly it would be the only voice that I actually want from all of them!

Which voice would that be?
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby dave1938 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi tendriver,

I spent another three hours yesterday messing and still no luck. The voice was a free one from PocketGPS and it was an English (Irish) voice "Kathy" it originally came numbered as 119 and worked perfectly in both my 7903 installations (I have two TT Onev3 as I bought another when the mini USB went faulty, then had it repaired, so use it as a spare).

I am tired of messing with it, I wish I had stayed with the 7903 as there are two problems now, the voice is one but doesn't really matter so much.

The other important issue is the fact that the Navcor 9.540.2 is also causing Windows 7 to throw up a corrupted disc warning every time I connect. Last time I clicked repair it destroyed the disc, had to start over and it's very slow. So now I have to remember (and anybody else that tries to update it via the PC) to cancel the "scan and repair" every time I connect, this is tedious.

I did ask why the previously working 7903 refused to accept the lates v945 6243 maps as the OS was listed in the chart as being able to run the v945 6243. I was told to install the 9.540.2 but now I have problems and spent three full afternoons trying to get it all working.

You helped me set up the 7903 and it's worked perfectly for two years then suddenly with 9.540.2 it woudn't run the maps. I just want to go back to 7903 that worked and ne able to use the new 9.540.2. Can you help me? I'm just getting nowhere with this and so will have to fall back on my year old but perfect 7903 with old maps.

Thanks,
Dave.
dave1938 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue May 12, 2015 3:43 pm

As already stated in post #6: You have no Windows problem with corrupted disks - the .chk files are normal and common TT files.
It just happens that Windows is too dumb to see the difference as only the file ending is checked.
So using Windows to "fix" the reported problems can only cause problems for the TT, simply ignore any warning like this and continue without fixing.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to > Voices