help with eonon m2   

help with eonon m2

Postby bembmx » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:12 pm

I just downloaded a world map pack has lots of voices pretty much everything or the sygic system. I have a eonon m2 in my truck that I am fairly new to. I am putting it all on an SD card right now and wondering if anyone knows what software I need (It may or may not be included on this download) What is the name? or if someone can give me a link to where I can download just the software, I have the maps already if possible please help with any step by step directions you can give me for setting my gps up right as I have never owned a after market radio before and never even seen a eonon until I bought mine. It is the M2 version if that helps and the map pack I have was off pirate bay and just called it the sygic gps13.4.1 +maps. I saw a folder in all the other folders for android but I dont think I want that as its not a android device. sorry about being the newb here but cant find crap on the internet to help me.
bembmx offline

Re: help with eonon m2

Postby Mustangl » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:40 pm

This is the problem, new members easily get lost and panic.

well since its been long time u asked, hopefully u got it sorted by now
Mustangl offline

Postby abinkley77 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:26 pm

1. Fist things first. The only Sygic software that will work is the Sygic 12.1.0 for WinCE 6.0 on Eonon Units. Once you find that, search for Sygic Aura North America 2012.09 mas for Android. After that, do a search for CoreNavi.dll and download that.

2. When you have those items downloaded, extract the first file onto your 4gb SD card.

3. Next, extract the map files into the maps folder which is now on your sd card. You may need to remove the Puerto Rico maps, and either the Canada or Mexico maps in order to have room for all of the US maps on the card. Also, I have found that you must delete the footprint file from the Android folder while keeping the content.info for everything to boot correctly. The content.lic file you will have to edit with the latest codes found around these forums.

4. Extract your CoreNavi.dll file into the WinCe folder on the sd card.

5. Insert the card into the gps slot, press Navi button on the left and you should be good to go.

I will say this: It is a tossup at this point between the iGo 8 navi and the Sygic navi for me. I go back and forth between the two. It is going to be personal preference, but the iGo 8 navi is much easier to get running on an Eonon unit.
abinkley77 offline

Postby Mustangl » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:15 pm

Thanks, Much apreciate it.
Now we have sort of 90% proper instruction on how to get sygic working. Would have been great to have pointed out the forum section or link to the file itself , That would have been HIGH FIVE

1. I guess those dll files work for specific maps, Why else would a 2012.09 map be refered during 2014. Sadly i am on a completely different part of the world, so no USA maps for me.

3. excellent point , thanks will be helpful to others

Igo 8.. i tried igo 8 in 2009ish, Not a fan . Now igo primo 2 and 1, those are completely on a different level. never made me miss garmin
However i noticed eonon units are too **** to handle it. My TPMS unit gets stuck if i run igo primo 2 before tpms initializes. The entire eonon is unstable if u ask me. (I was almost a dealer for it, had to back down)
Heck my friend said because of the primo 2 version i installed on his non branded chinese unit, his unit's lcd failed after 2 weeks of using and few crashes.(but it used to run otherwise smooth= No Lagg) well the accesory shop guy said its because of the igo software and then he replaced some internal part and then gave an igo 8 and said it wont happen.

I love desnav,Too light and garminish, BuT it wont even load on eonon.

(I gave up on sygic after downloading 7 different versions and trying them in trial and error replacing files etc etc )
I could have paid for legit desnav/sygic/igo. but none of them officially even identify eonon unit so i am screwed.
Mustangl offline

Postby mpx2004 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:28 pm

bembmx wrote:I just downloaded a world map pack has lots of voices pretty much everything or the sygic system. I have a eonon m2 in my truck that I am fairly new to. I am putting it all on an SD card right now and wondering if anyone knows what software I need (It may or may not be included on this download) What is the name? or if someone can give me a link to where I can download just the software, I have the maps already if possible please help with any step by step directions you can give me for setting my gps up right as I have never owned a after market radio before and never even seen a eonon until I bought mine. It is the M2 version if that helps and the map pack I have was off pirate bay and just called it the sygic gps13.4.1 +maps. I saw a folder in all the other folders for android but I dont think I want that as its not a android device. sorry about being the newb here but cant find crap on the internet to help me.

Hi i have the same eonon m2 unit but it didnt come with gps software. so i downloaded primo2 and i having a problem on how to install the software on my eonon. there is no mode to access the file on my eonon m2.

can you show me how you get to win ce mode?

thank you
mpx2004 offline

Postby mpx2004 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:01 pm

*Update*

i have installed the primo 2 and its work great and install was easy.
mpx2004 offline

Return to Sygic System