Rider Navcore 9.500   

Rider Navcore 9.500

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:46 am

I created another installer, this time for the above Navcore.
Even though some might complain about the big download, I say it is easier to have all versions at hand.
If the selected version does not work for you select a different one from the installer.

Special note:
So far there is no evidence that this Navcore will offer new features compared to the 9.4xx versions.
A new kernel is used as this Navcore is for the new Rider 5 model.
You can try/use this Navcore on any device if you make sure to choose the right version for your model.
For the Rider models I included both emulations - 5 for the old Rider, 17 for the Rider2/Urban. This is intented for devices other than Rider as in Self mode you will have the correct emu anyway ;)
I have not tested the TMC compatibilty yet, so if your TMC can't find a station with this NC please replace the mctx.dat in the root with a version that worked fo you.
As for the headsets there is no feedback yet, so if you own a Rider you might want to leave a few notes in the discussion thread.
In case you do own one of the new rider5 models you can contact me by PM so that we can determine the ModelID and include it in the available emulations.

Included versions:
9.500 normal: for all devices with 64mb of Ram as the first choice
9.500 Memory Boost: for 32mb devices as the first choice
9.500 Memory Boost HS: for devices that stay silent with the above versions when a voice is selected
9.500 K50: for device that for some reasons won't work with the above versions. It is the same like MBHS, but built with the 9.205 kernel instead.

The emulation can be selected on the last page of the menu - Skin Chooser.
Use the arrows to choose, a double tap in the center of the screen will confirm and reboot with the selected emulation.
In case an emulation causes problems and the device won't start:
Edit the file "reskin" in the folder "skins" with an editor like Notepad++.
Original line looks like this: slf-Self;slf-Self;17-Rider;18-GO x20;25-GO x30;24-GO x40;24-GO x40;36-XL LIVE;37-GO x50
Yours will look different, but the selected emulation is always first and always as a double entry!!
To fix the problem simply delete the first entry, which is the one causing you problems, and replace with "slf-Self;slf-Self;", leave the other emulations and check if the work for you.
Delete all problematic emulations or select the preferred one and if no skin chooser is needed anymore delete the SDKRegistry folder.Works fine on my 730 in the normal version.

Spoiler: Show
Download]Download the installer here: [Please Register or Login to download file]
Original CAB download: [Please Register or Login to download file]
I am now using linkcrypt for my uploads. Click on a map link and you will be redirected to a captcha page. Then you will be sent to the first linkcrypt page.
There you will see the word "Authorizing". Below it is a GOLD KEY & 5 black dots. That is a password window. Replace the black dots with the password: downunder
Then click the blue rectangular Submit button & the second linkcrypt page, containing the filefactory links, will open. Do not choose Mirror
All questions, problems and help for this Navcore in this thread: :link:

Edit: Added more emulations.
Just download the EXE and start it, the installer will be unpacked and started automatically.

Just noticed on my 730 that in standard emu (x30) I can set the speaker preferences to play instructions over FM.

Edit2:
If your device does not start after installing this Navcore but instead stops at the start logo and reboots shortly after, you can fix it.
Use a good editor like Notepad++ and open the file "reskin" located in the folder "skins".
You'll se the list of available emulations.
The line should start with "slf-Self;slf-Self;....".
The first entry is always double, indicating the active emulation.
This is followed by the othe mulations available in the Skin Changer in the menu.
Start problems after the install are caused by the device being totally incompatible to run the Navcore in it's native mode.
Make a backup of the reskin file or save the open original to your PC.
Replace the whole line with:
33-simple;33-simple
Save the file in the "skins" folder and make sure it does not have a file ending!
Now you TT should be able to start and show a 3-pane status bar.

If you wish you can add more emulations to test to create a reskin file representing only the emulations that work/that you prefer.
In case you don't need the emulation change anymore you delete the folder "sdkregistry" - but only if you did not install additional programs like tripmaster or tomplayer.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Re: Rider Navcore 9.500

Postby ingmar45 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:44 pm

thanks for Rider Navcore 9.500
ingmar45 offline

Postby spunkie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Is that download page down?
:022:
spunkie offline

Postby fredderf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:22 pm

spunkie wrote:Is that download page down?
:022:

Yes, the link needs updating but you can get the same download here
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby Fabulousfive » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:26 pm

Hi, i like to try rider 9.5 navcore on a TT Go 610 with 6” screensize. Is that possible. Or do i have to stick to a model with 4.3” screen .

Thanks in advance.

gr
Alfred
Fabulousfive offline

Postby fredderf » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:39 pm

Fabulousfive wrote:Hi, i like to try rider 9.5 navcore on a TT Go 610 with 6” screensize. Is that possible. Or do i have to stick to a model with 4.3” screen .

I'm afraid it's not possible because this navcore is only for NAV2 (2nd generation) devices...you have a NAV4 or 5 which is much newer & unsuitable
fredderf offline

Administrator

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices