Explain files?   

This Section is for General discussion and help for Navigon GPS Systems.

Explain files?

Postby c014 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:18 am

Hello

I just want to say that it would be great if someone wrote some guide to all the different files in folders.

It's just a big mess for me, all the files in the poi folder.. whats they all for.. are they just additional to the poi-file in the maps folder?

What does all_poiwarner do? and brunnel.nfs and so on.. I am afraid that I delete something that I will need, and a little bit frustrated if I have files that I dont need.
c014 offline

Postby PepinYaco » Sat May 22, 2010 4:41 pm

c014 wrote:Hello

I just want to say that it would be great if someone wrote some guide to all the different files in folders.

It's just a big mess for me, all the files in the poi folder.. whats they all for.. are they just additional to the poi-file in the maps folder?

What does all_poiwarner do? and brunnel.nfs and so on.. I am afraid that I delete something that I will need, and a little bit frustrated if I have files that I dont need.

As my good friends always say, "If is not broken, Dont fix it" and I would say "KISS" (keep-it-simple-stupid) dont take it personal. Thsi two lines will keep u out of trouble.

Anyway, I will attach few screen-shots about what goes where.
Some nfs files are ment for the map section like:

- MapDrawer= just what it saids, draw the map pic.
- Phoneme= Voice commands
- poicast= point of interest, like gas stations, mall and so on
- RealityView, stuff u see as u drive, like signs, exits and so on.
- sat= satellite
- TMC= traffic
- brunnel= this is the file that simulate ur moving wile in side tunnels
- Landmarks= it explains it self, like really all city structures.
- POM is the file extension file for the point of interests
- lng= languages
- TTS= text-to-speech will be the voice that tells u directions
- POIWarner and Red light= is for speed cams, red light cams but it will also, show u same information or similar info like Point-Of-Interest. (gas stations, Hotels, etc)

...and i can go on for pages man, but u dont need to know it all, just dont delete anything if ur not sure.
Just in the Settings foler aretwo very important xml files, that cant be mees with unless u know what ur doing, and thy are the ApplicationSettingsPathes and the UserSettings.xl files. o can open them and see whats in there but dont mess with them.

Hope this clear some of ur doubts.

BTW is ur next question is, where can u get this files?
PepinYaco offline

Postby c014 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Thank you!
c014 offline

Postby PepinYaco » Sat May 22, 2010 4:50 pm

c014 wrote:Thank you!

That was it? did it hit the nail, or at less did I gave u an idea, or did i just made it worst? lol
PepinYaco offline

Postby jstduit » Sat May 22, 2010 5:08 pm

PepinYaco wrote:That was it? did it hit the nail, or at less did I gave u an idea, or did i just made it worst? lol

you forgot to answer one of his questions the files in the poi folder are strictly for zagat poi these are top rated places such as hotels restaurants night clubs ect. they are pom files anad zagat nfs dont mess with them they show up on the map with a Z in a box and a symbol like knife and fork for restaurant. you can open the usersettings.xml with note pad and edit some things if you know what your doing i edit my volume settings main volume to 110 and tts to 95 makes it louder to hear. other then that dont change anything without asking someone 1st if you are a novice or newbe at this.
Navigon 7200T
MN742-802 735-579 740-648
NA Q1 2010 maps
:focus:
jstduit offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby c014 » Sun May 23, 2010 8:34 am

PepinYaco wrote:That was it? did it hit the nail, or at less did I gave u an idea, or did i just made it worst? lol

Yeah.. you did not make anything worse :)

The thing is, that when you change maps and so on, you copy over existing files, and some files are not replaced.. the same when I have copied stuff to the poi-map.
And then I get confused, are the stuff that was not replaced obsolete? and then you dont delete it just in case of. :)

But I think you covered much, good explanation about file endings and such. And this thread will hopefully be useful to others to... I think that many people wonder about all the files.

Editing:

I tried something, and it was to delete everything in the poi-map (backuped ofc) and then download navigon city highlights from fresh. And when it was done, I took every file to a new folder in the Poi-folder wich I called City_highlights. And the same for the swedish camping.. moved all the files to "Swedish camping".
And it seems to work..

And also in the Map folder, I have all the map files in a map folder called Eu_Q2_2010 and in the same folder a folder called Eu_q2_nfs. And it also seems to work.

Input?
c014 offline

Postby jstduit » Sun May 23, 2010 1:54 pm

ok going by what you said your in europe corrrect. it would help to tells us what device you have because they setup differently then the ones in the usa. you also have features that we dont have over here. as for files being replaced when you do a update that depends on navigon sometimes some files dont change or change a tiny bit. but even if they dont change i would not delete any till i was sure i didnt need them.they all serve a purpose.
Navigon 7200T
MN742-802 735-579 740-648
NA Q1 2010 maps
:focus:
jstduit offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby c014 » Sun May 23, 2010 6:07 pm

Yes it's europe. I thought the main difference was the maps... so my bad.

I have a 2110 max that's upgraded to a 4310max.
So it's not brand new...
c014 offline

Postby Ton » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:46 am

Hi there,
I got MN 7.4.3 with TMC Pro working om my NAVIGON PNA 7000T.
Two questions left.
I downloaded an Europe speedcam update: it is a all_poiwarner_eu.pom and poiwarner_eu.nfs file. Now the question is: can I put them in the poi-folder and replace the all_poiwarner.pom and poiwarner.nfs file or are the the new files additional to these ones ?
Final question: what is the language.sfv file about and where to put it ?

THX/Ton
Ton offline

Re: Explain files?

Postby Robi-tim » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Looking for europe speedcams for navigon 43xx max. Where to find it?
Robi-tim offline

Return to General Discussion about Navigon