Clarion Australian Map for NX509/NP509 - need pre-installed   

Clarion Australian Map for NX509/NP509 - need pre-installed

Postby jhen_622 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please share a clarion pre-installed Australian map. My NP509 unit lost it's map and only the base map is being loaded.

It runs with IGO8, i was trying to update it with Clarion Synctool and Naviextras Toolbox but it just erased my map. I have tried updating it with some Australian map downloaded from IGO threads but no success, as the unit does not recognize the maps. I think it is looking for a license. Any pre-installed Clarion Australian map with license is the one I need.

I was able to extract and backup my Clarion NP509 files right now but I do know that I have overwritten my original Australia.fbl file. Thus, I still require an original file.

PM me so I can send the zip file to extract and backup all the files from the internal flash drive. I think you can use it on all Clarion device that uses the Synctool.

Now that I was able to extract and backup my Clarion NP509 files, with the help of a modified extractor, I figured out that I actually overwritten my original Australia.fbl file. But it's just to late to undo the damage, thus, I require an original file.

I also figured out on how to access the desktop of WinCE 5.0 with the use of CeDesktop.exe which can be downloaded easily.

All help will be greatly appreciated.
jhen_622 offline

Postby jhen_622 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:28 pm

I now have provided the files needed to extract/backup the files and access to WinCE desktop in the device. Please read attached instruction.
jhen_622 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:38 pm

Unfortunately, this is why we always specify the member to back up all the files/folders BEFORE making any editing changes. Hopefully, there is someone out there who has the information that you require. Good luck. :D
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jhen_622 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:49 pm

There is no way to backup/access this device until I have modified the attached extractor to grab the files from the flash disk. There is only a SD card slot is only used for updating and a female USB slot which when plugged into a PC does not do anything. It seems that the USB is only used for media files or some sort.

I am just hoping that someone will be able to use the files that I have provided to avoid the same mistake that I did. Hopefully, they will share the files that i need as well.

Thanks for the reply.
jhen_622 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Is there some chance that you could download one of our iGO cracked navs? Then you could use the maps here. Just sayin'.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jhen_622 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Since I can now access WinCE desktop, I have tried using some downloaded iGO cracked navs. It does startup but after say 10-15 seconds it just crashes and then reboots my device. With this cracked nav, I can see that there is a map in the system.

Any advice what causes this crashing? I have tried using my data.zip and branding.zip cause it uses a 480x234 resolution.
jhen_622 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:35 pm

jhen_622 wrote:Since I can now access WinCE desktop, I have tried using some downloaded iGO cracked navs. It does startup but after say 10-15 seconds it just crashes and then reboots my device. With this cracked nav, I can see that there is a map in the system.

Any advice what causes this crashing? I have tried using my data.zip and branding.zip cause it uses a 480x234 resolution.

Did you try my iGO8 program? It has your resolution.

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jhen_622 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:21 am

I'll check it when I get home this afternoon. Cheers.
jhen_622 offline

Postby jhen_622 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:40 am

Hi chas521,

It was only this weekend that I was able to get back onto my device. I have downloaded (both full and low memory versions) and read a lot in the forums on how to install it from scratch, but to no avail that I got it working flawlessly. It starts up, initialize and then after say 10-15 seconds it just crashes. Same as before in my previous post. The odd thing as well is that it does not generate a crash text.

Can you please give me more guidance on how to get it back from working again? It really is very puzzling right now.

FYI that this Clarion NP509 is a Flash Memory Navigation System that is connected to a Clarion CCB509 (CeNet Converter Box) and hook up into my Clarion VX709 head unit. Would it be that the converter box causing this crashes? Has anyone have a same setup?
jhen_622 offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Most memory issues occur because the user is trying to load too much content in the beginning when the program is trying to start. Content is maps, speedcams, POIs, etc. Therefore make sure that you do this: 1. Delete all dem files [terrain] - this is just eye candy. 2. Delete the building files. 3. Reduce the area of speedcams. 4. Reduce the area of maps. 5. It's possible that your device cannot use TTS but only non-TTS voices. Do the others first [one by one] and see what happens because removing TTS is a little more involved.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jhen_622 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:08 pm

To start off, I have only loaded the necessary files needed
1. No dem files in place (same thing happens)
2. No building files (same thing happens)
3. No speedcams (same thing happens)
4. Only the base map is placed in the :content/map folder (same thing happens)
5. I does use TTS previously. But during its initial setup, I always choose a non-TTS voice. Haven't tried removing TTS voices yet, I'm hopeful that it will work with TTS.
jhen_622 offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:24 am

On your device, is there a sliding bar or something that lets you increase the memory being used by the program[s]? Also, have you tried after deleting the save folder? Is there a sys.txt associated with the first program that shows allocated memory?

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jhen_622 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Yes there is a sliding bar when I go into WinCE to check the system. Most of the memory is allotted to programs except for 260kb for storage. I have tried sliding it to max (memory) for programs but still it does crash after 15 seconds of loading. Tried it the other way in giving a third of memory for storage but same thing, it still crashes. Nothing shown on the sys.txt of the first program regarding allocated memory. It's driving me crazy right now :crazy:
jhen_622 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Is there a possibility that you're having some other program also being active or starting the same time that you're trying to start the nav program? If so, maybe causing a conflict of sorts.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jhen_622 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:55 am

There is only one program in the unit which is iGO8. I have tried loading it from the 'My Flash Disk' folder by renaming the original folder 'Clarion1' and placing the cured iGO8 into the root of 'My Flash Disk' and renaming the iGO8 folder to 'Clarion' and same with the iGO8.exe renamed to 'clarion.exe'. Then I restart the unit but same thing happens, it crashes after 15 seconds. Do you think it has something to do with WinCE registry? I will try to check again the parameters in the registry and send you some details if I can find some odd things that are named after Clarion.

I have noticed in the registry that the unit is a Blackbox OEM. There is also something with LoquendoTTS, it has a license code in the registry. I just don't want to do something with it in case I mess it up again as it has heaps of numbers and letters. But no license code nothing under any Clarion.
jhen_622 offline

Next

Return to General Discussion