Nonigpsplot   

Nonigpsplot

Postby chas521 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Someone just told me about this free program but I do NOT know anything about it so I cannot answer any questions. If you have knowledge of it then please share everything you know. Such as what devices is it for? How do you add maps and such? Where do you get them? Someone would be interested. Thanks.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby xtyler92 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:38 pm

I'll upload a copy for PNA's this weekend with some detail as to it's uses. I personally really like it... especially when boating.
xtyler92 offline

Postby Capo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:27 pm

What a good surprise to see you back! ;)
Capo offline

Administrator

Postby xtyler92 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:50 am

Not so much back, I never went away. More or less just became a lurker. I work much longer hours now and find I don't have a lot of time to dedicate towards replying to threads in forums. Besides there is a whole new young crop of posters so eager to jump on anything or everything I have to say. The power always eventually falls to the young.
xtyler92 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:57 am

Even us young'uns are glad to see the xtyler name back...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby xtyler92 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Well, to make good on my word here is NoniGPSPlot:

[Please Register or Login to download file]

What this boils down to is a tool. You can use it to add waypoints using coordinates, or just to track your movements in say the woods or something. You can even (though I never have) later use google earth (I believe) to overlay your track onto an actual map. Anyways, a great tool for people that like to hike or boat or do anything that might require them to trace their steps so they don't get lost. The waypoint function is cool because you can add symbols to the map (say for a school or campground) and then use it to point you in the right direction. Anyways, it's small and works with both CE 4.2 and 5.0. Just play around with it and you'll see what I mean. To bring up the menu just hold your finger anywhere on the screen for 2-3 seconds and the menu screen will appear.
xtyler92 offline

Return to Tools & Tutorials