Guide to Binatone devices   

Re: Guide to Binatone devices

Postby mickoz74 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:29 pm

hi

i have a Binatone T430 Bluetooth sat nav Windows CE Core 5.0. its not like the old one i had Bnatone F430 can i run Igo 8 or Igo Primo 2.0 on it on struggling and dont have a clue?

thanks in advance :lol:
mickoz74 offline

Postby craziers » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:47 am

Hello i have a binatone x430 can you sent me the latest firmware like voxtel thanks for some reason it wont let me PM anybody
craziers offline

Postby T1Cybernetic » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:51 pm

T1Cybernetic wrote:Thank you very much for the guide Fatboyfun I have my Binatone F430 running iGO Primo perfectly because of you ;) and it is a whole lot better than the Binatone software.

Does the first post contain links to the latest versions of iGO Primo plus Maps etc. I just want to have the latest for my F430, So many version numbers blow my mind!

"EDIT" Forgot to say what files I have :D I think that's about right.

1# http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9656-iGo-Primo-2.0-Build-9.6.5.211211-(Dec-07-2011)-Torrent
2# http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6824-UK-amp-ROI-Content-pack.

I still have my trusty Binatones F430 with win ce 6 working fine with IGO Primo 2 thanks to the wonderful instructions from Fatboyfun.

Is there anything new or better (in terms of software) that I can put on my device? I could do with at least updating my maps to be honest but that's another thing all together :P
Last edited by T1Cybernetic on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T1Cybernetic offline

Postby T1Cybernetic » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:52 pm

Double post :(

Actually, Was there ever an update for the standard Binatone F430? Maps/software or anything like that. I can't find anything but I though I would ask anyway :D
T1Cybernetic offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:31 am

T1Cybernetic wrote:Is there anything new or better (in terms of software) that I can put on my device? I could do with at least updating my maps to be honest but that's another thing all together :P

iGO has been updated since this guide was written, however there isn't any other software that's better in my opinion.
Maps are download, extract, drag and drop to update.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby T1Cybernetic » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Thank you as always ;) I will do a little reading and get myself up to date!
T1Cybernetic offline

Postby 1888 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:24 am

T1Cybernetic wrote:I still have my trusty Binatones F430 with win ce 6 working fine with IGO Primo 2 thanks to the wonderful instructions from Fatboyfun. Is there anything new or better (in terms of software) that I can put on my device? I could do with at least updating my maps to be honest but that's another thing all together :P

CE6? I am sure my F430 is CE5. Are you saying you put primo or igo8 in the sat nav or just running from SD card? Reason I ask is I was thinking as my F430 is the Europe one I may have more space to load a Primo I like with maps. Maps would be preferable but not essential.
1888 offline

User avatar Senior Member

Postby chas521 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:02 pm

@1888

You seem to have a lot of devices since you post a lot regarding many different ones. What's the story?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby 1888 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:11 pm

chas521 wrote:@1888<br abp="806"><br abp="807">You seem to have a lot of devices since you post a lot regarding many different ones. What's the story?

Ah ha. Me being Scottish and tight I have my Binatone what I run igo8 from but trying Primo as I like the lane guidance. Like it as its handy when on the Motorbike as the wind noise would sometimes drown out the sat nav voice. I was thinking of seeing if others (TT,Navigon, whatever) would run from the SD card. I like the TT lane guidance but the one I had in the phone looked quite basic.

Now. I am buying a blutooth crash helmet for the bike and to save buying another sat nav I have decided to use the Android for Bluetooth and I am trying out different apps to see what suits me best. A few have been discarded and I think I am down to three. Navfree, Sygic and CoPilot. I think the CoPilot would win if I can move it to SD but cant (yet) Always had a soft spot for the Navfree but no lane guidance but they are rolling out an update what as far as I can tell the UK has not had yet so fingers crossed V3 has it.
1888 offline

Postby T1Cybernetic » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:20 pm

Yes my F430 is CE6 as far as I know :D I could be wrong :p But yes it's all on a 2GB SD card.

I've only ever really run Primo on it and only recently updated it to the latest version, It does crash more with the new version (Low Memory Error) but a quick reset on the back of the device and I am up and running again.

I tried the older version I had and no crashes at all :D Crazy...
T1Cybernetic offline

Postby 1888 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:43 pm

T1Cybernetic wrote:Yes my F430 is CE6 as far as I know :D I could be wrong :p But yes it's all on a 2GB SD card. I've only ever really run Primo on it and only recently updated it to the latest version, It does crash more with the new version (Low Memory Error) but a quick reset on the back of the device and I am up and running again. I tried the older version I had and no crashes at all :D Crazy...

I use 4GB so I can store all the maps I would use. Funny you saying crash more as with primo 2 mine was crashing but no low memory warning or anything. It would just freeze or turn off so went back to Igo8. Decided to try again with a newer version and it did the same so again igo8 was installed. So far so good with this 2.4 V9.6.13.318729. I wonder if it is a memory problem with the Binatone being cheap and cheerful.
1888 offline

Postby EwOkIE » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Sent PM looking for B430 Binatone_B430.rar 10,219KB

For any newset iGo Software/maps that I can install on my B430 Device and any info that will help please
Using it for my motorbike so lane guidance would be cool
EwOkIE offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:37 pm

EwOkIE wrote:Sent PM looking for B430 Binatone_B430.rar 10,219KB

For any newset iGo Software/maps that I can install on my B430 Device and any info that will help please
Using it for my motorbike so lane guidance would be cool

STOP DOUBLE POSTING! You're taking up unnecessary room.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby EwOkIE » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Sorry :022:
EwOkIE offline

Postby propprop » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:22 am

Hi all, so an annoying family member decides to buy an old b350 binatone cheap and throw it at me to fix/update
not only does it not turn on without being plugged in, it very rarely (1in10) boots the files off the SD card so I can't see the reason in doing anything with it
It's Binatone B350 WinCE6.0 and I have tried installing all nav software, but they never boot, once that tomtom home did it threw an error, as did igo primo
(I'd personally throw it in the bin but it ain't mine)
my last straw was hopefully requesting

B350 B350-Rom-Files.zip

to do a clean reset/reboot

and/or a ready to go UK program and maps - though i really cant see how i havnt already set that up fine with Pri24BD and fbl uk files in right folders

Many Thanks
propprop offline

PreviousNext

Return to Tools & Tutorials