Downloading Maps   

Downloading Maps

Postby wa3pnt » Wed May 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Please excuse my ignorance, but a newby here.

I cannot find a tutorial on how to download the maps.

Can someone please point me to the instructions or a tutorial on downloading, I think they're called torrents?

Any help appreciated.

George
wa3pnt offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 am

Almost all files we have are located at filehosters, torrents are the exception.
There are thausands of tutorials available on the net, some even specific for each client.
Imho if a user has no clue how to download a map he won't be able to install it after that.
So I strongly suggest that you do some reading before you start your project.
An hour or two of good research can save you days of messing around ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby wa3pnt » Thu May 12, 2011 6:05 pm

Thank you very much for reinforcing my point. There are thousands of tutorials available, and that is precisely why I asked that someone point me to a relavent tutorial.

You have suggested that I do some reading before beginning my project. Do you suggest that I read everything on the internet? A little direction would be nice, as there are limits on how much searches can be refined.

Again I'll ask the simple question:

Can someone please point me to the instructions or a tutorial on downloading, I think they're called torrents?

George
wa3pnt offline

Postby nabi » Thu May 12, 2011 6:50 pm

This a simple question ? Maybe read post #2 again?

Most downloads on this site are no torrents at all, but files located on filehosters. How to download them depends on the filehoster.
There is no unity how they set up their page. Usually there is a button somewhere called "download". It can be in a different language too.
Sometimes you have to answer a question, mostly, surely when it's a free download, there is some waiting time. When you pay, no waiting time.

Then there are the so called "containers". (dlc)
You need JDownloader or Cryptload for this. Search for posts made by Chas521 and read his signature for an explanation.

Few downloads here are torrents. You need to click on the torrent file, save it, make sure you have a torrent downloader program like µtorrent, load the torrent file in the downloader program, and the file will be downloaded. This is called leeching. It works about the same as containers. The way the files are shared differs, but you wont notice. Though it is expected you do not close the download right away but go on seeding to offer others the possibility to leech.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Return to Tools & Tutorials