kardzzz wrote:thanks big-bang and huntsman.
I think i did this correctly on my gpsmap 64s (HWID: 1859)
1) downloaded latest fw "GPSMAP64_WebUpdater__420.gcd"
2) Ran it through IMGPatcher which created "GPSMAP64_WebUpdater__420_Patched.gcd"
- Applied rule for MSV. No rule for GVS
3) Used RGN_Tool.exe to open patched file and saved as "gupdate.rgn"
4) Dropped "gupdate.rgn" file into Garmins webUpdater.exe and it proceeded to flash my unit.
My garmin now has the GUPDATE.GCD file so I guess it all worked.
When I tried this method for my GPSMAP 64s (1859), I did see the gupdate.rgn file in the root of the Garmin folder after the update but the patched firmware was not loaded for me. I got it to work by incrementing the version by 1 during the patch process then simply renaming the patched GCD file to GUPDATE.GCD and placing it in the root. Upon starting up the device, it recognized the update and automatically applied it. Works perfectly. In other words, I didn't use RGNTool or the Updater.