streetpilot c310 software???   

streetpilot c310 software???

Postby meadyyyy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:37 pm

hiya all,

found a garmin streetpilot c310 in loft of house when I was doing the insulation (been there for years I recon) anyway, it charged and powered up to my supprise, got map for it but it appears to be American software as address search asks for state, cant find a way of doing postcode or street search, tried garmin webupdate and it did an update but still usa version asking for state.
is there a way of putting uk version software on it (if it exists) or something else so can search/goto postcode or street

thanks in advance
meadyyyy offline

Re: streetpilot c310 software???

Postby p!xeldealer » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:30 pm

What map do you use? It could be, that this issue depends on a map image > 2GB or on the incompatible Unicode version.
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby meadyyyy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:54 am

am using City Navigator Europe (Unicode) NT 2014.40.gmap selecting uk-ireland areas on 512mb sd card installed via mapinstall, map loads fine, tap "where to" and can select city and type city name, select it and navigate to, or select transit and find airport and so on, but if I select address or intersection it asks for state and can go no further.
meadyyyy offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:01 am

Try the non Unicode version! It's a well known issue, that address search with unicode maps don't work properly on some older devices.
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby meadyyyy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:39 am

p!xeldealer wrote:Try the non Unicode version! It's a well known issue, that address search with unicode maps don't work properly on some older devices.

cheers, downloaded none Unicode map (from navitotal.de) courtesy of ozboss18 and thanked accordingley, sharebyte from here not playing so ended up going over there.

problem solved, postcodes, cities etc all as should be

many, many thanks
meadyyyy offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin