Mapsource Map Renamer?   

Mapsource Map Renamer?

Postby Pete23 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Does somebody remember tiny program MapSourceMapRename or similiar, which you could rename installed mapsets in Mapsource easily?
If this program cannot be found anymore, what would be the best way to edit the name data in Mapsource? Regedit?
Pete23 offline

Postby Confused » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:51 am

Pete23 wrote:Does somebody remember tiny program MapSourceMapRename or similiar, which you could rename installed mapsets in Mapsource easily?
If this program cannot be found anymore, what would be the best way to edit the name data in Mapsource? Regedit?

I'm not sure I understand the question. There are no installed Mapsets in mapsource. Mapsource creates mapsets and you just name the mapset anything you like from within mapsource.

If you have an IMG such as gmapsupp,img or any other map you can use the GMapTool or probably the JaVaWa Device Manager and perhaps others to modify mapset names and Product names and various things like PID and FID inside the IMG file.

You can certianly edit the registry to change names and locations of the files mapsource reads as it's input files.
Confused offline

Postby Pete23 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:18 am

Confused wrote:I'm not sure I understand the question. There are no installed Mapsets in mapsource. Mapsource creates mapsets and you just name the mapset anything you like from within mapsource.

If you have an IMG such as gmapsupp,img or any other map you can use the GMapTool or probably the JaVaWa Device Manager and perhaps others to modify mapset names and Product names and various things like PID and FID inside the IMG file.

You can certianly edit the registry to change names and locations of the files mapsource reads as it's input files.

Hello Confused, I meant editing the popup menu list in Mapsource where you select the map you want to use, there was a program within you could change the information easily, I just couldnt find it anymore via Google, but nice if this can be also done with GmapTool or some other programs. If the maps are already installed either with map.gmap extension in %mapdata% folder or under C:\GARMIN can the all maps be found from registry to modify the names, which variable is the name information?
Pete23 offline

Postby sergio2 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi,

Mapsetoolkit, may be ?

Code: Select all
http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=mapsettoolkit&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fsite%2Fcypherman1%2Fmapsettoolkit_fr&ei=3C_pUcbhGtKO7Ab24oD4BA&usg=AFQjCNHuid90HXF-GyhR5ZPNwxgaTusYow
sergio2 offline

Postby Pete23 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Hello, it was TDB Editor, usefull software :)

[Please Register or Login to download file]
Pete23 offline

Return to Software