Garmin Mobile XT CE for Chinanavi with 800x480   

Postby alex1986 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:26 am

Downunder35m wrote:Garmin for devices 800x480 running Windows CE
Spoiler: Show
History]
I tried to find a working Garmin version for my Chinese PND.
So far nothing was working on 800x480 and everyone who tried the same will know the messages alá " Error: Failed ... " or the sudden Exit when klicking on " Where am I? " or the Info button.
So I used the Google translator to collect all available info on the different versions like artful, ASN and so on.
Kind of fun if most of it is in chinese or so...
In the end I used the latest artful version and some different files from other releases. The Que.exe had to be modified to work with the limited CE systems on these navigators.
It took endless trail and error runs to get all files necessary and to adjust the EXE.
If it won't work on your device : bad luck.

Info and Installation]Tested on "SDMMC" and "StorageCard" and it works if the XML and Mortscript files are modified correctly.
Pre-configured to use "SDMMC" and the files and folders from the archive go into the folder "Garmin" in the root of the SD card.
The Device ID fixed to 1111111111 a sw.unl is included.

I could not test it on the road as I only use the bluecharts with Garmin.

To start use the Garmin.exe in the folder RunGMXT.

Attention : Since I could only test it on my device I can't tell if it will work on all devices so please give your feedback!
If you want to try it on a PDA you might want to check the settings for the taskbar in the Mortscript.

For the language problem :
1. click the green button
2. click the blue button
3. click on the tool sign in the middle
4. click on the toolsign in the top left corner
5. click on the PDY symbol on the lower left
6. click into the 3rd row
7. select American English
8. click the exit button on the lower left
Enjoy!

[Please Register or Login to download file]
Password : NaviTotal

[Please Register or Login to download file] - use this if you settings are not loaded and you SD card is labeled "StorageCard"
Password : downunder
[Please Register or Login to download file] - use this if you settings are not loaded and you SD card is labeled "[color="red"]Storage Card[/color]"
Password : downunder

Screenshots]

Instructions on how to change the paths]
Unpack the archive to a folder on your PC - feel free to add you maps and unlock codes.
Open [Please Register or Login to download file] and click on "Search, Find in Files".
In the following box add this :
"Find What" : SDMMC
"Replace with" : StorageCard (or whatever your SD card is called)
"Filter" : *.mscr *. xml
"Directory" : Browse for the Folder where you unpacked the archive!
Make sure you have ticked "in all sub-folders"
Click on "replace in files" and confirm.
All entries will be replaced and it should work correctly after you copied all to your SD - make sure to the folder "Garmin" otherwise it won't work properly.

Thats very good man, only yours version is working on my chinese gps :-) i tried all of them beggining with 4.00.10 version up to 5.00.30wp... only this one works.
But i have a question for you, when i copy different voices into the Voice folder in Garmin, when i use options and Audio, it gives me only English voice. Do you know what is the problem?
alex1986 offline

Postby ksilenser » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 am

alex1986 wrote:Thats very good man, only yours version is working on my chinese gps :-) i tried all of them beggining with 4.00.10 version up to 5.00.30wp... only this one works.
But i have a question for you, when i copy different voices into the Voice folder in Garmin, when i use options and Audio, it gives me only English voice. Do you know what is the problem?

You same me ^_ ^ "RENAME" is fixed this problem

ksilenser wrote:ohhh very thank ...

Now . . i can use thai voice in this version

( But ... why not select thai voice in menu ... i'am rename thai.vpm to english.vpm .... that ok ^_^)

okey thai interface is not possible ...

but .. possible to use font thai for read Thai map (TSM 10.1_TH) and thai keyboard for search ??

now.. I'am use this version-- Eng interface + thai map EN (TSM 10.1_EN) + Chinese keyboard (for search in eng lang)

that dificutly for me -_-;

very thank again ^_^
ksilenser offline

Postby alex1986 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:10 am

Is this means that i need to rename the english (or any language) file to Thai.vpm?
alex1986 offline

Postby ksilenser » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:22 pm

alex1986 wrote:Is this means that i need to rename the english (or any language) file to Thai.vpm?

no

Rename any Voice (that u wont use) file to "English_American_.vpm"

and put in folder Voice replace old English_American_.vpm file

^_^
ksilenser offline

Postby gianix » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi people! im new in the forum! im from argentina too! that because my poor english!! i have an issue Downunder35m!! My media stereo recognize the SD card like: "MMC_STORAGE".... can you give me the correct "QUE.EXE" please??? Because is diferent than your original post. I did all things you said! (change XML) but the problem is de EXE file. Thanks and sory for my poor language!
gianix offline

Postby ksilenser » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:52 am

gianix wrote:Hi people! im new in the forum! im from argentina too! that because my poor english!! i have an issue Downunder35m!! My media stereo recognize the SD card like: "MMC_STORAGE".... can you give me the correct "QUE.EXE" please??? Because is diferent than your original post. I did all things you said! (change XML) but the problem is de EXE file. Thanks and sory for my poor language!

that same this version

last line say

Use this if Garmin won't save the settings when using a SD card named "StorageCard" - PM me if you need a different name.

good luck
ksilenser offline

Postby adrix000 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:02 am

LOL! This post is exactly the same of Downunder post...!! In fact this post "it's" of Downunder.
So, gianix need the MMC_STORAGE version of Que.exe, and maybe Downunder is making this file and he will post the file in a few minutes/hours/days?? ;)
adrix000 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:07 am

You might want to check the first post again ;)
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby oscarchd » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:34 pm

i wonder if this is only my problem... when i try to search for poi, i wan to type in garmin keyboard, but it shows like windows ce keyboard which is very small...
oscarchd offline

Postby ksilenser » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:22 pm

oscarchd wrote:i wonder if this is only my problem... when i try to search for poi, i wan to type in garmin keyboard, but it shows like windows ce keyboard which is very small...

find ... topic "keyboard" in menu setting

choose -- "china lang" (that show chinise font)

when u want search choose "abc" -- right bottom

good luck

ksilenser offline

Postby ksilenser » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Downunder35m wrote:You might want to check the first post again ;)

very thank ..^_^
ksilenser offline

Postby gianix » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:20 am

Sory Downunder35m! i get lost with so many information! i couldnt saw that you already talk about my problem!! now i have exe for MMC_STORAGE and i made the replace in WM folder. But my problem is getting worst! Garmin works! but if i didnt touch a button of it in a few seconds... garmin is out (and the radio or dvd player begun).... i thought that is a problem with taskbar or something like that.
My second and worst problem was than my garmin doesnt recognize my GPS!! it search for signal but never find it!
I think that my problem is strange! (when you said about "SW.UNL file is fixed for work in 1111111 device id", i figure out one thing!.... inside garmin... in "about" settings : my Id device is 943224 and my IMEI is 11111111..... ) maybe mi stereo is dferent or something like that!
Sory but is very dificult to me to explain in english! tell me if is to dificult to undesrtand and i look for help with english expert jajajajaja.
Thanks and be patience with me pleaseee!
Note: the soft is the same you posted here!

and an adittional problem... was that garmin doesnt recognize my gmassup.img ... it said that: "no map" in the principal screen. I allready have another version of garmin xt (5.00.20w). But this one get signal, recognize gmassup.img... the problem was that this version doesnt accept 800x480..... for thar reason i m very lost! i cant figure out about my problem maybe is the XML file...maybe the SCRIPT file...maybe the INI file (asociation with nav key)... maybe the QUE.EXE version....Maybe the ID Device (and the UNL file).... Maybe is my stereo??? simply i dont know!!!
Regards and i hope you can help me!!!! thanks again!!
gianix offline

Postby oscarchd » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:06 am

ksilenser wrote:find ... topic "keyboard" in menu setting

choose -- "china lang" (that show chinise font)

when u want search choose "abc" -- right bottom

good luck

thanks!!! finally got it to work...
oscarchd offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:45 am

gianix wrote:Garmin works! but if i didnt touch a button of it in a few seconds... garmin is out (and the radio or dvd player begun).... i thought that is a problem with taskbar or something like that.
My second and worst problem was than my garmin doesnt recognize my GPS!! it search for signal but never find it!
I think that my problem is strange! (when you said about "SW.UNL file is fixed for work in 1111111 device id", i figure out one thing!.... inside garmin... in "about" settings : my Id device is 943224 and my IMEI is 11111111..... ) maybe mi stereo is dferent or something like that!
Note: the soft is the same you posted here!

If you have a different ID than the fixed ID it is pretty clear that you have mixed up some installations during the tryouts.
You need a clean install for Garmin to work.
That means removing all device related things first - depending on what you installed you before you will find a residue of Garmin in the folder on the SD card /obviously) , the Flash memory and maybe even your CE drive.
If installed correctly you will the fixed device ID!

gianix wrote:and an adittional problem... was that garmin doesnt recognize my gmassup.img ... it said that: "no map" in the principal screen. I allready have another version of garmin xt (5.00.20w). But this one get signal, recognize gmassup.img... the problem was that this version doesnt accept 800x480..... for thar reason i m very lost! i cant figure out about my problem maybe is the XML file...maybe the SCRIPT file...maybe the INI file (asociation with nav key)... maybe the QUE.EXE version....Maybe the ID Device (and the UNL file).... Maybe is my stereo??? simply i dont know!!!
Regards and i hope you can help me!!!! thanks again!!

Delete all you can find of Garmin on your device and do a clean install - the 5.00.20W won't work on hi-res anyway.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby gianix » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:57 am

Yeaaa! i tried a lot of garmin´s in my desperation!!!! jajaja... but you are a genius man! ok, now i need to learn how can i do this cleanning!!! there is a way to reset windows CE i think! the cuestion is how!! i tried formatting the SD card (dont solve the problem)... now i must reset or erase some files from windows! do you know some way to do that?? is dangerous for the normal function of the stereo?
I undesrtand about this problem is MY PROBLEM now! because you posted one solution for patiences users! jajaja... no nervous people like me!!!
You´ll do a lot for me!
gianix offline

PreviousNext

Return to Software