Garmin Mobile XT CE for Chinanavi with 800x480   

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:47 am

Ok I see your devices seem to be a bit more basic than the usual stuff from China :(
@Adrix000 : the specs of your device are fine and Garmin should run just fine.
It is possible that you have some corrupted files in your map ,if you can try to download it again or better from a different source.

@heriadi : ok, usually it should be mentioned somewhere on the device or the packaging, but we will see what we can do.
If all other programs work fine than it might be that some DLL files are missing on your device that should be included in a normal CE install.
Not sure if that helps you but it should be possible to run the total commander directly from your menu - just like the GPS software.
With it you can search your SD card and start all programs manually and might have a chance to see an error message.
I think I have to upload a menu for these 800x480 devices soon with the basics included...
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby heriadi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:21 am

Hi Downunder35m,
Thank you for the answer, I will look for the Total commander then try to run the program, wait for your new upload program
heriadi offline

Postby Black Wolf » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:52 am

Downunder35m wrote:You all want help and we are here to help but please tell me :
how can we help without the right informations from the other side? Wie are not clairvoyants and have to rely on good infos.

So please for the future if you have a problem state the device and model, CPU speed, RAM, if it is unlocked and how, the settings for the program you use and so on.
A request for help without the right info in it won't help you;)

RIGHT THAT! I AGREE TOTALLY! Please in future, this is for all of you, who request some help, give us more informations, if you need some help!

We don't know every chinese gps device, cause there are on 100s chinese models, and every day some new device is on market from China... For all specifications you can check them on web site where you order it, like on ebay.com, alibaba.com, etc. or simply you can request that information from your seller! Don't be lazzy to do that, if you want some help!

Like Downdr told, most of manufacturers, put some win ce version doesn't matter 4.2, 5.0, 6.0 with just basic .dlls necessary for runing OS, but don't add other important .dlls file for runing some other gps softwares, in this case like garmin xt, on some chinese pnas, missing .dlls like oleaut32.dll, wrong coredll.dll version , missing aygshell.dll, note_prj.dll, toolhelp.dll, wininet.dll, ole32.dll.

for runing garmin xt, it's necessary to have toolhelp.dll ole32.dll oleaut32.dll, coredll.dll - appropriate version for your version of win ce, like coredll.dll for wince5.0 or 4.2. etc.

You can use this tools ExecutabilityCheck.exe to check what .dlls are missing on your OS, with this tool directly from your device, open QUE.EXE and check what .dlls are missing on your device.

I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:21 am

For the menu please have a look here.
It is for all 800x480 devices and several ini files are included for the differently labeld SD cards out there.
Before you kill me with questions please check the ini files - it is all pretty simple and easy to understand.
You can use the "systeminformation32.exe" to check the menu on your PC.
Also included but not necessary for the menu itself is a collection of DLL files for CE4.2 and 5.
They should save some time searching the net.
If someone wonders : they are from the Moipocket release.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby heriadi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:12 am

Hi Downunder,
The link to download menu file is pointing to the wrong file, all are ini files, could you look in to it again please, and reupload it for me.

Thank you.
heriadi offline

Postby heriadi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:13 pm

sucro wrote:RIGHT THAT! I AGREE TOTALLY! Please in future, this is for all of you, who request some help, give us more informations, if you need some help!

We don't know every chinese gps device, cause there are on 100s chinese models, and every day some new device is on market from China... For all specifications you can check them on web site where you order it, like on ebay.com, alibaba.com, etc. or simply you can request that information from your seller! Don't be lazzy to do that, if you want some help!

Like Downdr told, most of manufacturers, put some win ce version doesn't matter 4.2, 5.0, 6.0 with just basic .dlls necessary for runing OS, but don't add other important .dlls file for runing some other gps softwares, in this case like garmin xt, on some chinese pnas, missing .dlls like oleaut32.dll, wrong coredll.dll version , missing aygshell.dll, note_prj.dll, toolhelp.dll, wininet.dll, ole32.dll.

for runing garmin xt, it's necessary to have toolhelp.dll ole32.dll oleaut32.dll, coredll.dll - appropriate version for your version of win ce, like coredll.dll for wince5.0 or 4.2. etc.

You can use this tools ExecutabilityCheck.exe to check what .dlls are missing on your OS, with this tool directly from your device, open QUE.EXE and check what .dlls are missing on your device.

Hi Sucro,
Thank you for the info, will test use the tool.
heriadi offline

Postby adrix000 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:25 am

Downunder35m wrote:Ok I see your devices seem to be a bit more basic than the usual stuff from China :(
@Adrix000 : the specs of your device are fine and Garmin should run just fine.
It is possible that you have some corrupted files in your map ,if you can try to download it again or better from a different source.

sucro wrote:RIGHT THAT! I AGREE TOTALLY! Please in future, this is for all of you, who request some help, give us more informations, if you need some help!

Downunder: Same problem with any map, even with original base map :-(

Sucro: Where can i found those dll´s and where must put them, in the windows directory or in the garmin directory? And please, give me a little tutorial about how to use the ExecutabilityCheck.exe, I could not make it work...
adrix000 offline

Postby Black Wolf » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:59 am

heriadi wrote:hi sucro,
thank you for the info, will test use the tool.

please for say thanks, use button thanks, how many time i have to repeat!!!
I'm all what I'm not!

Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby Black Wolf » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:06 am

adrix000 wrote:
Sucro: Where can i found those dll´s and where must put them, in the windows directory or in the garmin directory? And please, give me a little tutorial about how to use the ExecutabilityCheck.exe, I could not make it work...

Use google, and you'll find them... Search for win ce 5 dlls pack or win ce 6.0, related to what OS you have.. You miss them in win folder, but sometimes independent of manufacturer's development you'll not be able to copy them to internal memory in win folder, but try...

Check firstly which .dlls you miss, put them in both folders, garmin and windows, sometimes files in garmin xt package aren't appropriate for your version of OS, for ex. inside are win ce 5 oleaut32.dll or coredll.dll for win ce 4.2, and you need for win ce 6.0, then you have to replace that file. It's just more testing to find right missing -dlls files.

Sometimes you have to copy them with mort script, from sd card location, etc. etc. there is no general solution, you have to spend more time to find right solution...

p.s
another thing, for example for devices with win ce 6.0, you have to run Que.aygshell.exe, cause win ce devices have aygshell.dll , this bellow is part of script.

#Devices with Windows CE 6 already have aygshell.dll hence Que.aygshell.exe will be run instead of Que.exe which is linked to aygshel2.dll
If(SystemVersion("major") = 6)
queExe = "Que.aygshell.exe"
EndIf

then

try .dlls from this version, but first you have to check with tools which i posted, which .dlls you miss...

I'm all what I'm not!

Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:27 am

I have uploaded a simple Menu für the China GPS systems and it includes the most common DLL files for CE4.2 and CE5.
You can find the pack here.
Just discard the menu and keep the CE folder you need.
I checked this Garmin version now on 4 different devices, all no name brands. So far no problem at all.
I would like to know what is causing this promlem - does any other version of Garmin work on your device?
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby adrix000 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:02 am

No solution... everything remains as before, remember that everything works great, in fact I use the Garmin daily. Only I have the problem of cut, on the right side of the screen in 3D mode.
To make matters worse, the wince 5.0 on my GPS, is in Chinese language and even more difficult for me to find the solution. But anyway I tried using the dll´s you gave me, but I still do not solve the problem. Could be the problem in the Que.exe?
This exact problem, I had on my Nokia 5800 a while back (on Symbian), but the solution came only with a new update for Garmin XT.
Also reported that I am not the only one with this problem, because I are getting private messages from users with the same problem they want the solution when I get it.
adrix000 offline

Postby Black Wolf » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:27 pm

adrix000 wrote:No solution... everything remains as before, remember that everything works great, in fact I use the Garmin daily. Only I have the problem of cut, on the right side of the screen in 3D mode.
To make matters worse, the wince 5.0 on my GPS, is in Chinese language and even more difficult for me to find the solution. But anyway I tried using the dll´s you gave me, but I still do not solve the problem. Could be the problem in the Que.exe?
This exact problem, I had on my Nokia 5800 a while back (on Symbian), but the solution came only with a new update for Garmin XT.
Also reported that I am not the only one with this problem, because I are getting private messages from users with the same problem they want the solution when I get it.

What users ? They can ask here too... Every device + garmin xt win ce is story for itself, cause this isn't oficially version of garmin xt for win ce, i told this many times before here, and you can't exepct that will work on all devices, specially on chinese, cause they make so many customiziations with them devices, take out so many .dlls important for garmin xt for win ce, just to have more free space to put their software for interface, etc. they make "naked" version of win ce, and it lacks for many system files..

Que.exe is ok, but OS of that devices has problems to run it... You can use IGO Primo or IGO8.3 , it has very good maps and interface...
I'm all what I'm not!

Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby adrix000 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:53 am

Friends, I think I give up...
I tried replacing dll's, adding dll's, and hundreds of other things but could not obtain a correct 3D Visualization, there is always a mosaic of an inch on the right side of the screen.
Anyway, everything works very well and this small inconvenience is acceptable.
To make matters worse, all the dll's that I've added and replaced, they disappear when the unit restarts :( all work in vain...
My other problem is that the Garmin, move the time of the unit every time I use it.
Anyway, thanks for your help and patience.
adrix000 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:34 am

Your device does not store changes on the Windows system including the registry.
In such a case you have to add the missing DLL files into the progam folder.
Only other iption would be to use a mortscript to add the DLL files into the system and to register them.
There are only a few devices that are too limited to use Garmin and if nothing else works your only option might be to use programs like Ozi Explorer or Touratech with self made maps from Google or so.
I do that quite often for trips into the Australian bush.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby aquaman0812 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Downunder35m, i am planning to buy a china 2 din with gps (800x480). hope this thread will help me once i get problem using garmin later on...
aquaman0812 offline

PreviousNext

Return to Software