Garmin Mobile XT CE for Chinanavi with 800x480   

Postby alex1986 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:21 am

v_ars wrote:Dear All,

I would like to share with you my experience concerning Garmin installation and use.

ERROR: Assert failed at CDP_StaticListField.cpp : 646 in Garmin Mobile XT with error 0

Some kind of solution I found in one Russian site. You must ad or change Win CE registry. There must be a record in registry as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\GPE, LogicalPixelsX = 128
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\GPE, LogicalPixelsY = 128

I didn't have the "Display" folder with "GPE" subfolder at all and added it with respective registry records further. To do that I used WinCE Registry Editor. It could be found easily in the net. It is freeware. For those who speaks Russian see here: [Please Register or Login to download file] but it could be helpful for everyone. Just open the page and find the screenshot where it is clearly marked what you must have in the registry. Since I made the above modifications I got no errors.
Best regards

Dude, i have the same problem, and i followed your instructions, adding those two lines into the registry, and tried both ways with # "128" and #192" but it still crashes when i press where am i, map sets etc. please help me.
alex1986 offline

Postby alex1986 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:57 am

Downunder35m wrote:I'm afraid this function is missing.
Not sure if it was missing in the Asian version or if it got lost during the modifications for CE.
I only changed a few bytes to activate the hi-res mode completely but made no changes to the actual program.
At the moment I'm hoping that there will be a new hack soon, but so far I have not been able to find anything for CE with a higher version number.
The Symbian versions can't be converted for CE anyway.

Downunder,

can you please tell me what is the modification for the Hi-res gps devices? I keep getting this error, assert failed at cdp_staticlistfield cpp 646 even after i add these registry entries.
alex1986 offline

Postby alex1986 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:05 am

arinsms wrote:this version is way faster than my prev 5.00.30 ASN, but the problem i have with this version(
Garmin for SDMMC), when clicking where to,point of interest, all will make que.exe crash, except spell name is ok. Anyone can assist me with this problem. The version im using now is 5.00.30wp-ASN wince 6

Same problem here.
alex1986 offline

Postby v_ars » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:55 pm

alex1986 wrote:Dude, i have the same problem, and i followed your instructions, adding those two lines into the registry, and tried both ways with # "128" and #192" but it still crashes when i press where am i, map sets etc. please help me.

Dear All,

I have no idea what causes the error: assert failed at cdp_staticlistfield cpp 646. Modifying the registry I found as just one of the possible solutions and I found it works on my device. I even don't know what I have modified by changing the registry value. Sorry but I can't help further.
There are no Garmin issues for Win CE. All versions you can find in the net are Windows Mobile modified. In the official Garmin site I couldn't find such version as 5.00.30. The last for WM that I find is 5.00.20. Each particular version for Win CE is made for some particular device hence we have a large variety. So keep trying and I hope you will find your combination.
My device is GoClever 5066 FMBT HD, res. 800x480, Win CE5. I run Garmin from here:
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1274-Garmin-Mobile-XT-for-WinCE5.0-program
It works on my device with the above modification of the registry and screen problems described in #285.

Best regards
v_ars offline

Postby alex1986 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:06 pm

v_ars wrote:Dear All,

I have no idea what causes the error: assert failed at cdp_staticlistfield cpp 646. Modifying the registry I found as just one of the possible solutions and I found it works on my device. I even don't know what I have modified by changing the registry value. Sorry but I can't help further.
There are no Garmin issues for Win CE. All versions you can find in the net are Windows Mobile modified. In the official Garmin site I couldn't find such version as 5.00.30. The last for WM that I find is 5.00.20. Each particular version for Win CE is made for some particular device hence we have a large variety. So keep trying and I hope you will find your combination.
My device is GoClever 5066 FMBT HD, res. 800x480, Win CE5. I run Garmin from here:
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1274-Garmin-Mobile-XT-for-WinCE5.0-program
It works on my device with the above modification of the registry and screen problems described in #285.

Best regards

Ok, Thank you, i think i will transfer to Ifo :-)
alex1986 offline

Postby babyham13 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:21 am

Hello guy, How to show Junction View (.jcv) and 3D Building (gmap3d.img) on this app.
babyham13 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue May 03, 2011 8:28 am

Not sure if it is supported as I never tested these features.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby babyham13 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:33 am

I arranged file like this,

Garmin\gmapprom.img
Garmin\gmap3d.img
Garmin\JCV\JCV111EN.JCV

But nothing happen for junction view and 3d building .. :doh:

Thx for reply.
babyham13 offline

Postby g82 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:32 am

Hello

Someone please let me know how to run que.exe on wince emulator, when i run exe file on emulator error massage come "que is not valid windows ce application" please let me know why happen like this and how do i check Garmin mobile xt on wince emulator

Thanks you
g82 offline

Postby v_ars » Wed May 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Somewhere I have read that if you get the message that some file "is not valid windows ce application" that means you are missing a dll file as possible reason. Could be helpful if you can check you "Que.exe" reference to dll's. For the purpose you can use "BDllScan.exe" or "Anywhere PE Viewer" - freeware, you can find it in the net.
v_ars offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu May 05, 2011 1:47 am

For the emulator you'll need a complete CE rom with the right settings as well.
Checking for missing DLL files might not help as all necessary DLL's are included in the release.
If for some reason the CE core is modified or differes from a standard system too much Garmin won't run and there is little to change to that.
Keep in mind that there is no official CE version by Garmin, all you get for CE are hacked versions based on WM.
And again : this release should be seen as "a last resort" for high resolution devices (800x480 or higher) [color="red"]if[/color] the other Garmin releases fail to work.
As an example : if you have a 480x320 device than you best options are the normal Garmin versions from other threads.
If you have a 800x480 device and no other garmin version will work on your device it is time to test this version, but that does not mean it can work on every device.
As a tipp for bying a noname to use Garmin : if the device has a CE system that can be directly used (without any unlock), has bluetooth and a FM transmitter it is most likely good to use.
These crappy toys that barely accept a home made menu and struggle to get Primo1.2 running and only giving you access to CE after an unlock will most likely refuse to work with Garmin.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby hcchan4411 » Wed May 11, 2011 7:51 am

hello downunder,
can i have the software 800x480 with wince5 please!
regards
hcchan4411 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed May 11, 2011 10:10 am

Look on the first page of the thread.
The CE system should be on your GPS.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby hcchan4411 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:40 pm

hello downunder,
managed to installed the software but error message "kill requires toohelp.dll on your device
line 31 (\residentFlash\garmin\runGMXT\garmin.mscr): Kill (*\windows\explorer.exe*).
what is wrong?
hcchan4411 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed May 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Either way you need to add the DLL the the folder or try to start Garmin directly.

Your are sure you have the right EXE? Garmin is meant to be installed on a SD card, not on the internal memory....
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Software