Garmin Mobile XT v5.00.20w for Windows CE 6.0   

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 am

A hard reset will put the windows directory and registry back to it's factory condition, the flash disk contents will not be changed, but you can setup Garmin as before, I'd advise against deleting stuff as miopocket may have set up dependences within the folder and deleting them may stop the device from booting.

If you soft reset the device does it go straight to the pnadesktop?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jayguil » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:25 pm

no if ipull the batery conection(only way i found to reset the ce side) it will go back to just the reg menue and request my igo maps . i have to go back in to the boot path to point it back to pnadesktop. as a side note i only need to run pna once and it will stay running with out the sd card thrue out car off on type thing no need to reload it every time. i think i wana try this hard reset idea and bring it back to squair one then maybe i can make it into what id like to see and do some mods to make it better lol.
so i ask how do i hard reset this . thanks
jayguil offline

Postby jayguil » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:00 pm

hello umm im ready to go here man. how do i do it .
jayguil offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Within the bowels of MioPocket is a hard reset tool (MioPocket 4.0 Release 68\MioAutoRun\Programs\HardReset.exe)

Run this on your device, This should put your devices registry and windows directory back to it's default, But not the flash disk, I'd make sure MioPocket cannot start at boot before running the app.

As always, there is a risk that something may go wrong, so you have to decide whether having Garmin working again is worth the risk!

Please note i have no idea whether this tool will work on your device, it does however, hard reset my WinCE 4.2 device.

I see no other option to get Garmin working again.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jayguil » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 pm

ok i found the file .questions how should i exicute it .. i dont wana create a loop.. aka just runing the exe in the run ......... update .... so i ran it thrue file explorer .. it restarts the device no change on garmin so next idea my friend .. hard reset is just a nice reboot prog for me
jayguil offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Run a file explorer, put the HardReset.exe on a SD card, navigate to it on the device, run it and remove the card so it's gone from the system.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jayguil » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:42 am

yes i did that .. just does a nice re set like pulling the power cable lol
jayguil offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Did you try pulling the power cable and leaving it disconnected overnight?

If that doesn't work then unfortunately you'll require a ROM flash to get Garmin working again, or stick with another application.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jayguil » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 pm

no i havent tryed just disconection of the power for a long period of time ... should i run the hard rest as well and kill it befor it fully re boots.
and how the heck will i find a flash for this unit .. thers no model # or any thing
jayguil offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm going to throw out to you guys a strange thought. I have NO idea if it will work. What would happen if he backed up all the internal files/folders on his device first, deleted everything from his device's internal and then put my upload of WinCE MioMap 3.3 with the unlock on his device? If this works, he would have complete access to all programs.

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?3290-My-3.3-internal-Flash-drive-with-the-Mio-unlock-already-contained
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jayguil » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:17 pm

ummm idk but lets note i have a noname 7 inch in dash gps not a mio product ......wouldent deleting things posibuly render my win ce usless .. and with that said wouldent i need to flashe chas's file to my rom.? just some thoughts ... i like the fact it isnt to a give up point yet .. i want garmin back ... i need a way to install a new explorer .exe.
i think .. i fig mio pocket edited my original cuz garmin cant use it now .. thats as much as iv found ..
jayguil offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:22 pm

jayguil wrote:ummm idk but lets note i have a noname 7 inch in dash gps not a mio product ......wouldent deleting things posibuly render my win ce usless .. and with that said wouldent i need to flashe chas's file to my rom.? just some thoughts ... i like the fact it isnt to a give up point yet .. i want garmin back ... i need a way to install a new explorer .exe.
i think .. i fig mio pocket edited my original cuz garmin cant use it now .. thats as much as iv found ..

First of all, my upload ARE the full files/folders of a Mio. You would make a download and just copy the entire download to your device. I'm thinking that once your device's internal files/folders are gone, then my Mio upload might control your device no matter what it is. However, it IS your device and you must have first refusal.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jayguil » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 pm

ok so iv looked over your file there. im gona go out and try to copy every thing off my unit and compair the files.. ill get back to ya on this idea .. i dont think the mio system will control my unit for the fact they be so difrent in file structure ... but hey atleast if i can get a zip of all on my unit maybe i can hand it to ya to look at .
jayguil offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:55 pm

jayguil wrote:ok so iv looked over your file there. i'm gonna go out and try to copy every thing off my unit and compare the files.. ill get back to ya on this idea .. i don't think the mio system will control my unit for the fact they be so different in file structure ... but hey at least if i can get a zip of all on my unit maybe i can hand it to ya to look at .

It's only an idea so you have a shot at getting Garmin back. My only fear of trying it is that when you remove all the files/folders from your internal that you won't be able to see the device when you plug in a USB cable.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jayguil » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:16 pm

hey guys sorry i didnt get back to ya sooner iv been at work and my unit has sat in my wet jeep for the last bit ... i got to it this morning after jumping the batery ..... so i have bigger issues that befor .. my battery was dead and i left it un pluged so when i finaly got it back on and dryed out my navi wont boot on ... i have all the same radio functions mp2 soforth but my front botons are screwy ... when i try to boot the gps it goes black screen and it takes some playing with it to go back to radio... so idk whats what .. it may be just damp or i wiped it with the hard reset ... i dont have to much time off so ill see whats what tomarow befor i go back with a heater and dehumidifier in my truck tonight lol ... might just buy a new one .
jayguil offline

PreviousNext

Return to Software