Garmin Logo keeps flashing, won't start up   

Garmin Logo keeps flashing, won't start up

Postby fmmagyar » Tue May 07, 2013 10:35 pm

All of a sudden my Garmin won't start up. Logo just keeps flashing. Will not connect to pc. Have updated and reinstalled items on sd card but still nothing happens. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? IE is there a way to put the necessary garmin files for startup and connection to pc on the SD card? Also where do I get these startup files to copy to sd card? Will this require me to reformat the internal drive? If so how can i do this if it will not connect to the pc? I am at a lose and need some help quickly as I am in Europe and am relying heavily on my GPS.

Based on further attempts and research it seems that my Garmin has bitten the dust. Unfortunately it is out of warranty and would cost 99 dollars to repair which I have determined is not a cost effective approach. I willl purchase another Garmin and if that bites the dust within a short time of usage then that willl be the last garmin I purchase. I have a very reliable TomTom but did not bring it with me. Lesson learned next time travel with the two GPS's.
fmmagyar offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Wed May 08, 2013 11:05 am

First it would be useful, when you tell us about what device you are speaking.
You can't expect, that everybody read all your postings to find out what device you have.

Yesterday you wrote in another thread, that you tried to transfer a route from an external program into your nuvi 1350. I suppose, you did something wrong, so that it seems you destroyed the device yourself!

Did you try a hard reset with your device? Press lower right corner of display during switching on the device as long as a notice comes like "erase all data". Then try to connect to PC and start Garmin WebUpdater to restore the firmware.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The presentation of this posting exists of 100% of recycleable, taste-neutral, not genetic-
manipulated and unleaded pixels free of CFC - this guarantees for You p!xeldealer :yahoo:
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about Garmin