iGO Primo 2.4, North America Branding.zip   

iGO Primo 2.4, North America Branding.zip

Postby upss » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi, where can I find a good iGO Primo 2.4, North America Branding.zip. I have tried all the branding.zip files I could find and either they don't work at all or most of the icons are European icons with a very few specific American icons. The only reason these American icons even exist there is because those companies exist in Europe too.

The "best" branding.zip I found was inside the Primo 2.4 9.6.13.405512 package which had a few more specific American icons but most were still generic type icons. There has to be somewhere a more specific branding.zip for North American only.
upss offline

Re: iGO Primo 2.4, North America Branding.zip

Postby jtrosky » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:31 pm

Ditto - looking for this myself!
jtrosky offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:20 pm

I have NO idea if this is going to work but perhaps you'll give it a try - it won't hurt anything. First make a back up of your present branding.zip to a safe place. Then delete the branding.zip from your nav. Copy/paste the download branding.zip in its place AFTER you open up the zipped file and change the folder ui_igo8 to ui_igo9. I still don't know how to change all the individual icon though. Post your results.

And now I know how to change some of the icons in Primo. Settings, map settings, place markers, categories [chose restaurant], fast food, Mcdonalds. Make sure you put a checkmark in the box.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby upss » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:21 pm

@chas521, I poked a little at your branding.zip file and as I suspected, it has a ton of useless European icons. Just for curiosity, I tried as you suggested and I renamed the igo8 file and it looks like it is not fully compatible with Primo. At certain location it would display a complete horizontal strip of icons. Well, we will keep looking. As I said, there has to be somewhere a branding.zip file that was specifically designed for North America Primo.
upss offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:14 pm

If you find one please let me know.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jtrosky » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Thanks for trying and reporting back! I've briefly looked around and couldn't find a "plug and play" branding.zip for Primo... I did find a method to create one yourself (actually, @chas521 was involved in that discussion - that guy is EVERYWHERE!!). :-)

[URL] http://www.navitotal.com/viewtopic.php?t=8273[/URL]
jtrosky offline

Postby jtrosky » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:44 am

Hmm, I noticed yesterday that even with the 2015Q2 HERE maps, *some* of my POIs have company logos - even with an empty branding.zip. Noticed the same thing with the TomTom maps - it also had some company emblems (different ones than the HERE maps) even with an empty branding.zip. This is with Primo 2.4. Not sure about iGo 8 - will have to try it.

So I guess the map makers are starting to embed company logos directly into the .poi files, which I never knew they did. Hopefully, they'll add more and more over time so that we don't need to mess with branding.zip at all!
jtrosky offline

Postby katastrofe » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:24 pm

There is no existing and working branding.zip for USA.
Some guys on gpspower are working on it but it's under development.
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby upss » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:45 pm

jtrosky wrote:Hmm, I noticed yesterday that even with the 2015Q2 HERE maps, *some* of my POIs have company logos - even with an empty branding.zip. Noticed the same thing with the TomTom maps - it also had some company emblems (different ones than the HERE maps) even with an empty branding.zip. This is with Primo 2.4. Not sure about iGo 8 - will have to try it.

So I guess the map makers are starting to embed company logos directly into the .poi files, which I never knew they did. Hopefully, they'll add more and more over time so that we don't need to mess with branding.zip at all!

You are right I noticed that too, it looks like now the new POI files include most of the Gas Stations and some other basic icons. BTW, you can have both POI files, from TomTom and HERE in your POI folder (you cannot do the same with the maps files, if you want to use both maps you need a "Map Changer"). It looks like both POI files always have many different POI and the software will search through both of them.

I looked through many different Branding.zip and POI files. So far (not perfect but acceptable), for North America the best combination is using the latest POI files (HERE 2015 Q2 and TomTom 2014.03) and the Branding.zip that was included with the Primo 2.4 9.6.13.405512 package (size 3793 KB). BTW, if you are changing your Branding.zip file you must first delete your SAVE folder or at least delete the Primo\save\profiles\xx\poi_visiblities.txt file, this way you don't lose all your settings. The "xx" is your specific profile #, if you haven't created different profiles then the "xx" will be "01".
upss offline

Return to Program (+data.zip+branding.zip+license)