Peugeot 208 navigation   

Peugeot 208 navigation

Postby maggo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:19 am

I have a Peugeot 208 it is fit with a touchscreen multimedia unit called a smeg unit is has a usb connection to connect a smartphone or usb pen to play music and view pictures. It also has bluetooth to connect to the mobile phone.i do not have the big model with navigation .And i would like to now would it be possible to upgrade it via the usb to add the sat nav software? or mayby buy some extern navi an connect to the screen in some way. There is no video in on the screen . only the usb. an a aux .
maggo offline

Postby nabi » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:49 am

We are no encyclopedia ;).
Isn't your Peugeot seller not the best source to ask this, when you not have found it in the manual? He should have the experience with the smeg.
Or someone might help out?

What I do know is there are many types of the device. With different possibilities. What one smeg can do, others may or may not.

My thoughts?
Do not forget you need to make a GPS connection. How? Bluetooth? Not all gps software supports it, thus that would need an external software.
And more problems.

That said, I wonder why you would buy an extern navi and connect that one to the screen? Wouldn't that complicate things a lot when all you need is an extern navi? Or a new multimedia device whith internal GPS?
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby AuldTam » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:01 pm

I have a new 208 with the large touchscreen too...not the sat nav model (£400 extra)...I already have two external sat navs and didn't see the need to pay the extra cash then have to pay Peugeot for updates, but I see your point...It would be ideal if one of my external sat navs could be connected to the large SMEG touchscreen in some way...

If you find a way please post a How To.
AuldTam offline

Re: Peugoet 208 navigation

Postby SkorpionS » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:55 pm

maggo wrote:I have a Peugeot 208 it is fit with a touchscreen multimedia unit called a smeg unit is has a usb connection to connect a smartphone or usb pen to play music and view pictures. It also has bluetooth to connect to the mobile phone.i do not have the big model with navigation .And i would like to now would it be possible to upgrade it via the usb to add the sat nav software? or mayby buy some extern navi an connect to the screen in some way. There is no video in on the screen . only the usb. an a aux .

Hey
You can't upgrade the Smeg system you have online, if you want it to show your Navi to, you have to go to Peugoet to replace the unit :)
SkorpionS offline

Re: Peugoet 208 navigation

Postby SkorpionS » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:58 pm

AuldTam wrote:I have a new 208 with the large touchscreen too...not the sat nav model (£400 extra)...I already have two external sat navs and didn't see the need to pay the extra cash then have to pay Peugeot for updates, but I see your point...It would be ideal if one of my external sat navs could be connected to the large SMEG touchscreen in some way...

If you find a way please post a How To.

Just now there isn't a' way to make that happening, so sorry my friend :)
SkorpionS offline

Return to Peugeot/Citroen