New to site and £199 down :-(   

New to site and £199 down :-(

Postby Smudgers » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Can you help me ? Have a Navidrive 3D in Citroen C5 09 plate, have just splashed the cash and obtained the latest (although they turn out to be 4th quarter 2011) mapping for it.

My problem is that the new mapping will not load I keep getting an error when disc one is inserted, error shown is :

Navigation update has Failed
0x1BC
Internal error

I have not had any update applied to the system so I wonder if a firmware update is required, my current version is ng4_D_R20bis_R20.25.

I have seen a few topics with links on this forum for firmware updates but none of the links seem to be live any longer, any ideas where I may get such an update ?

Thanks

Smudgers
Smudgers offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:39 pm

When you already bought an update that is not working, the best option would be to take the car to your dealer for a fix.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Smudgers » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 pm

Thats my problem, the dealer told me where to buy the maps from - he did not supply them to me.

Would you know if I have the latest firmware or should there be an update for my system ?

Smudgers
Smudgers offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:14 pm

Could not tell, but your dealer is not really helpful.
You should remind him of the EU laws ;)
He sold the car, he is responsible for the GPS too.
It is common praktice to seel new cars with built in GPS systems only to leave the customer in the rain.
If there is no sepereate part in the contact that states you need to contact some othe company for the GPS, then the car dealer has to fix it.
He would not send you to Bosch or Phillips if a head lamp is blown, he would fix it for you - he has to do the same for the built in GPS.
Considering you were sent elsewhere to buy the maps is really a sign of customer service either.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to Peugeot/Citroen