Connect Navigation (RNEG) Programming solutions.   

Connect Navigation (RNEG) Programming solutions.

Postby Lockhaugh » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi,
the instructions from PSA are all but non existent, so I have worked out a way of programming the Peugeot Connect Navigation (RNEG) or equivalent Citroën version which will give you the ability to enter an exact address/location and store the entry in the Navigation Menu as a Personalised Entry.

I have just taken delivery of a new 308 with the NG4 3D system fitted so if anyone has any tricks on programming this system, I would love to know. Best wishes Paul.

Peugeot Connect Navigation (RNEG) or equivalent:

How to enter an exact address/location and store on the Navigation Menu as a personalised entry:-

1 Press Nav Button
2 Select (rotate centre dial and press dial over desired choice) Navigation menu
3 Select Destination input
4 Select Address input
5 Input (to input use centre dial and right situated arrowed cursor keys) Country choice - use the virtual key pad
6 Input Town choice - use the virtual key pad
7 Select Map
8 Centre map location by using cursor keys Hover map position to desired/exact location - useful if long or new road (if required)
9 Press centre dial once Position info
10 Select Options
11 Select Save Position
12 Press centre dial once New entry
13 Select First address
14 Important Delete title name by using the virtual key pad (use the Del bottom of screen) Then select what you want to call the entry again using the virtual key pad
15 Select OK (from bottom of the same screen)
16 Important Delete first name by using the virtual key pad
17 Select OK (from bottom of the same screen)
18 Select Save changes
19 Now keep pressing the Esc button back to main screen - Please don't be tempted to press anything else (this is very important or the entry will be changed back to a default location of the near city/town of your entry that may be shown on the screen!). Do not select anything other than keep pressing the Esc button keep pressing until back to main screen
20 To check entry and make it appear in Navigation Menu
21 Press Nav Button
22 Select Navigation Menu
23 Select Destination input
24 Select Address Book and look for your new entry.
25 Select Select that same desired entry - and to test location (don't assume and it will save loads of time if you have got it wrong)
26 Select Journey (select 'fastest' as it makes no difference at this time)
27 Wait - until advised route has been calculated. Put kettle on or as I did open a bottle of wine!!!!
28 Press centre dial once Route info
29 Select Show destination - this will appear as a map (you can scroll in and out to make sure you have the exact location)
30 Press Esc Button
31 Press centre dial once
32 Select Abort guidance
33 Entry now on navigation menu
Lockhaugh offline

Return to Peugeot/Citroen