Gonav 8 - T5 (14Jan2011) 480x272   

Postby rezzahuz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Nagas wrote:What Monters mean is to get the files from original "rar" files but not rename it, if you want to use gonav8, get the TaiwanX.clr and TaiwanX.dem from rar file.

Have you replace the BaseLangResCHTL.dll? it will allow you to read english Lang in Advance Settting

i copied the envi data files from gonav8 and now the map is showing correctly. and i also replaced the baselang from moscow as you suggested and most menu items are now in english. thanks to all of you who provided the help. in addition, ive managed to changed the navi voice to english and that would really make the day. as an additional effort, ive also replaced the english voice files to malay from ppg, with a few editing and now it seems that its working as i had hoped for.

i also noticed that gonav is using generic junction views for that function and it fills the whole screen. it looks a bit strange since it shows junctions in taiwan but no problem for me. so, no mfm junction will pop up. hope i was wrong abt this. and also it uses turn preview, similar to garmin xt whereby it shows the 2d map view of the junction before you reach it with a button to exit it. im not sure if this can be disabled but it can be a nuisance at times. anyway, will try this out further to learn more abt it.
rezzahuz offline

Postby Monters GPS » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:22 pm

jimon wrote:bro...the link is dead...can share with me other links if any

Your request has been send, Hope can solve your request!
What you WISH for :pray: ! And what you GET for :yahoo: !

:thumbup: " If you Happy With My Service And Please Just Pressing The " THANKS " Button and Do Not Post "Thank You" to reply my post ! " :thumbup:
Monters GPS offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby enirza » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 am

Please bro... can u share with me too....:) dying to try it...
enirza offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby newmob » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:33 am

Managed to get everything working, menu/voice in english, can lock satelites but the software response is agonizingly sloooowww..., did I do sumting wrong?
newmob offline

Postby Nagas » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:13 am

newmob wrote:Managed to get everything working, menu/voice in english, can lock satelites but the software response is agonizingly sloooowww..., did I do sumting wrong?

Did you rename R21 to R51 map files, don't? I believe you got wrong map, pls see instruction from Monters below:
[color="red"]"When you download the mfm maps, it have (CUSTOM) & (STANDARD).......select download custom! after finish download click to install, when asking next step for choosing which type to be selected just click and select (ANDROID X5).
After finish install copy the entire maps files pasted into maps folder but don't copy mfm maps header (R51_SSC.HDR)."[/color]
Nagas offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby newmob » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:13 am

Nagas wrote:Did you rename R21 to R51 map files, don't? I believe you got wrong map, pls see instruction from Monters below:
[color="red"]"When you download the mfm maps, it have (CUSTOM) & (STANDARD).......select download custom! after finish download click to install, when asking next step for choosing which type to be selected just click and select (ANDROID X5).
After finish install copy the entire maps files pasted into maps folder but don't copy mfm maps header (R51_SSC.HDR)."[/color]

Yes, I did. Made the maps for andorid X5 and copied accordingly, can find current location but step by step in menu very slow...:doh:
newmob offline

Postby Nagas » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:17 am

newmob wrote:Yes, I did. Made the maps for andorid X5 and copied accordingly, can find current location but step by step in menu very slow...:doh:

Don't rename it, you must get from MFM the orig R51 map
Nagas offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby newmob » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 am

Er, I use the MFM custom maps and made one for Android X5 and copied everyting except for the *.hdr file as advised by monters. It works and I got my current location, but the software really lags when I try using the menu..
newmob offline

Postby Nagas » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:57 am

newmob wrote:Er, I use the MFM custom maps and made one for Android X5 and copied everyting except for the *.hdr file as advised by monters. It works and I got my current location, but the software really lags when I try using the menu..

Rename R51_MFM_SSC to be R51_SSC
Nagas offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby newmob » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:54 am

Nagas wrote:Rename R51_MFM_SSC to be R51_SSC

Yup its done but still no diff. Using OODO 5008 ce6/sirf-V com1/4800
newmob offline

Postby Monters GPS » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:39 am

newmob wrote:Yup its done but still no diff. Using OODO 5008 ce6/sirf-V com1/4800

try delete save folder files then run again!
What you WISH for :pray: ! And what you GET for :yahoo: !

:thumbup: " If you Happy With My Service And Please Just Pressing The " THANKS " Button and Do Not Post "Thank You" to reply my post ! " :thumbup:
Monters GPS offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby digital_turtle » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:14 am

oops sorry.. link still works :D
digital_turtle offline

Previous

Return to PaPaGO! Software