GPS Coordinates   

GPS Coordinates

Postby deeddude » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:15 pm

Wondering if you guys have noticed this before. Tried a few units from different suppliers (but from same locality, which is China's famed electronics hub, Shenzhen (most likely your China GPS comes from here too)).

When I turn on the GPS Info in the Chinese software, the coordinates keep changing, for example, the usual coordinates in decimals is 8 digits. 12.345xxx. My final 3 digits, marked as xxx, keeps on changing. Happened in all the units I've tried.

I've recorded some of the final 3 digits down (lat,long). 295, 086 / 243, 188 / 340, 178 / 322, 155 / 312, 143 It never stops changing.

I've compared the changing figures in Google Maps, and found that it's very close to where I am situated, but varying from 5 - 10 meters.

In this case how do I start calibrating it with the Papago that I've just installed?
deeddude offline

Postby artfull » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Where you check gps status? on gps setting menu-->gps status? or from papago program?
when you check from gps setting menu and cannot fix sattelite signal maybe your hardware problem or you need to flash with new firmware.

Share you picture for gps status, firmware ID, etc.

Team will help you here....
artfull offline

User avatar Member

Postby deeddude » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:27 pm

I check with both.

One is GPS Info button on the iphone style menu, (not gps setting) on the pre-installed chinese software.

The other one is through Papago, not sure about decimals but check with degrees and minutes, only the seconds change.

System Information

RomVersion: 82F.2128.30M6584Q
Software Version: V3.6.C127.03.09
OEM Info: YFAtlas4
Platform ID: 5955414E46454E47

If hardware problem then I think I will refund to the seller.. But if I flash firmware but still have same problem I think I can't refund already.
deeddude offline

Postby deeddude » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:31 pm

But strange to have the same problem with 3 units all from different supplier. Maybe it is normal for Chinese devices?
deeddude offline

Postby deeddude » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:55 pm

[SIZE="5"]3 seconds later:[/size]

deeddude offline

Postby artfull » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:59 pm

From your picture attached, my view your gps is normal.
Just try to navigate using your gps than show what the result.
Accuration Chinese gps 10-15m is normal so why navigation software manufacturer anticipate that condition. Like on Papago program, software will forced car position on track/road even signal coordinate position maybe mis 10-15m.

My suggestion is try install papago program then see what you get from your gps.
[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="Magenta"][SIZE="3"]Appreciate to give donation for the forum,
If you are Happy, your donation will very helpful....[/size][/color][/font]
artfull offline

User avatar Member

Postby deeddude » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:04 pm

I see.. Okay will try. So that means china brand gps cannot be used to determine where I actually am accurately right?

I mean compared with ori tom tom that I used before, the coordinates stay fixed and never changes.

I have installed x5se and x7. But I cannot test since I only have MFM map, no China map. I am in China now.

For the x7, I tried from inside and it display the coordinates but very far away when compared in google maps ( i don't even know where it is).

For x5se haven't checked the coordinates.

Anyway will try again if anyone here can provide China maps.
deeddude offline

Postby Nagas » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:44 pm

I got this link Papago China for Iphone, since the file too big I have not try it yet. Actually this is for iphone, you can take the map file after download, it should be R51 maps inside.
Your X5SE should be for R21 map files, I don't know your X7 maps are they R21 files or R51 files, if needed you may download other papago that use R51 map files.

This is the link for Papago China:
[Please Register or Login to download file]
[Please Register or Login to download file] (premium user)
[Please Register or Login to download file]
File is about 1.5GB
Nagas offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby deeddude » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:28 am

Hmm, depositfiles.....

We are sorry, but all downloading slots for your country are busy. :chok_mini:

I will try searching the Chinese net first.

edit: I found a few temporary links, direct links actually. will try out first.
deeddude offline

Postby Nagas » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:57 am

[Please Register or Login to download file] how about this?
Nagas offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby deeddude » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:03 am

Ah yes it works. Will download it now. Thank You.

Meanwhile, the 1.38GB from Chinese servers are almost finished downloading, I will see if they are usable too.
deeddude offline

Postby deeddude » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 am

Hmm, is it a common problem with x35se to have the words in its menu selection missing?

Yesterday I tried changing from English to Chinese, worked fine. After a few hours I tried to change from Chinese to English but can't see any words in the settings menu so I can't do it. I will try recopying all the files.

After re-copying all files (except for Maps), system is back in English. I tried to change to Chinese interface, froze for 3 seconds, then popup error saying x5se.exe met fatal error and had to close.

Edit: Found out that all other interface language are the same, except for English. So I guess it's not included. BUT WHY it could work partially previously? I already reextracted all the files (except maps) and replaced all those in the sdcard. Perhaps I have to do the same to the maps too?
deeddude offline

Postby Nagas » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:56 am

deeddude wrote:Hmm, is it a common problem with x35se to have the words in its menu selection missing?

Yesterday I tried changing from English to Chinese, worked fine. After a few hours I tried to change from Chinese to English but can't see any words in the settings menu so I can't do it. I will try recopying all the files.

After re-copying all files (except for Maps), system is back in English. I tried to change to Chinese interface, froze for 3 seconds, then popup error saying x5se.exe met fatal error and had to close.

Edit: Found out that all other interface language are the same, except for English. So I guess it's not included. BUT WHY it could work partially previously? I already reextracted all the files (except maps) and replaced all those in the sdcard. Perhaps I have to do the same to the maps too?

I think there is no relation with the maps, Lang interface english and chinese are between BaseLangResEN.dll and BaseLangResCHTL.dll, and both should be located inside your X5SE.
Please delete files in "save" folder before re-run papago ...otherwise you will face same problem since it record the problem.
Nagas offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby deeddude » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:15 am

Already tried deleting the files inside the Save folder.
Still same problem.
I noticed I don't have BaseLangResCHTL.dll

Perhaps that's the problem. But strangely it worked yesterday. Or was I dreaming, can't be.
deeddude offline

Return to PaPaGO! Discussion and User Support