Gpstar   

Gpstar

Postby dekempies » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:09 am

Hello,
Is there someone who can help me update my gpstar inside navigation from my hyundai i30?

I think it is mobilenavigator!!

Dekempies!!
dekempies offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 am

Mobile navigator could be anything, it's there an about screen with more detail?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby dekempies » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:Mobile navigator could be anything, it's there an about screen with more detail?

It's a build in navigation.
It is gpstar4 maps of 2007!
I want to update them to 2012/13
dekempies offline

Postby nabi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Mobile Navigator is a general name and about every navigation program can "hide" behind it. So you are not helping.
However ...

When the maps are dated 2007, the program is probably the same age. Big change, even when you find what the program is, the new maps won't fit that too old program. So the best you can do is download a newer program, like iGO8.3.5 (a good choice is this one: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?10941-iGo-8.3.5-Minimal-for-low-power-devices-TBM) and copy it to your SD or device, keeping the path identical. Thus the program files in the same folder as the original program and renaming the exe to the name of the original exe (probably MobileNavigator.exe). Make a backup of the original before you do anything else !!
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Nimble » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Hello i'm new to the forums but i think i can help you a bit with this one .
I'm using primo 2 atm on my device ( Gpstar 430bt , installed in a Hyundai i30) and run perfectly .
All i had to do is copy the files to a sd-card (in the root) and rename the "igo/primo" exe to Gpstar.exe .
One thing i notice tho is with a cold boot the nav wont go past the startscreen hyundia untill i eject the sd-card , it works fine after that (or just insert card after booting and select gps in the menu and it should startup )
I am going to do some tweaking soon to see what i can do about the startup "freeze" .

Ow btw Gpstar uses destinator (8 in my case)

Little update: after a clean copy/install on the sdcard it doesn't freeze up anymore and starts straight into primo 2
Nimble offline

Postby emilc » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Nimble wrote:Hello i'm new to the forums but i think i can help you a bit with this one .
I'm using primo 2 atm on my device ( Gpstar 430bt , installed in a Hyundai i30) and run perfectly .
All i had to do is copy the files to a sd-card (in the root) and rename the "igo/primo" exe to Gpstar.exe .
One thing i notice tho is with a cold boot the nav wont go past the startscreen hyundia untill i eject the sd-card , it works fine after that (or just insert card after booting and select gps in the menu and it should startup )
I am going to do some tweaking soon to see what i can do about the startup "freeze" .

Ow btw Gpstar uses destinator (8 in my case)

Little update: after a clean copy/install on the sdcard it doesn't freeze up anymore and starts straight into primo 2

Hi, what version are using? because i have the same system/setup build into my car and would really like to update the nav so that i have the newest map. and also wonna use igo
emilc offline

Return to Other