Binatone Unlock   

Binatone Unlock

Postby 1888 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Change of plan on what to do with my spare F430 so decided to install igo8 if I can. Is it the same software I use for running from the SD card? Now on my other sat nav when pluggen into the computer I can see windowsCE in my computer and I can get into all the files in the sat nav. This spare one I cannot so I presume it is locked. I downloaded the universal shell (about to try that) but could not get the mobile navigator to work. I downloaded another version from a binatone thread and I cant get that to work either, that came with easyshell what I also cant get to work. Easy shell just hangs on the setting/navigate screen and mobile navigator gives me an error code of 38 and something about an unexpected exit if. Confused.
1888 offline

User avatar Senior Member

Postby 1888 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Universal shell. I got a gray screen with a countdown. Countdown beat me before I could read it all then got another screen that went just as quick. Then nothing. It went back to the settings/navigate screen.
1888 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:38 pm

On the Binatone and other devices that uses JBSHello.exe you need to kill that process before you can use any systeminformation type unlock, (which is the majority of them)

In Universal Shell find the file BootAutorun.mscr and open it with notepad on your pc, add the line...

Kill ("JBSHello.exe")

...between the lines, you should now be able to see the shell itself.

With Easy Shell I think it's a bug in Mortscript, There's no reason why the error occurs and I haven't had an affected device in my hands to debug.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby 1888 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:51 pm

OK its running. Any help files in there?
1888 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:07 pm

I tried to make it as easy as possible so you don't need help files.

What are you having trouble with.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby 1888 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:I tried to make it as easy as possible so you don't need help files.

What are you having trouble with.

Not to sure. I was hoping I could unlock with this and install igo to the rom. I was kind of hoping it was all quite obvious. I hit the security code part in error and it would not let me out unless I stuck in a pin. Is delete in there also as the cancel did not work.
1888 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:34 pm

1888 wrote:install igo to the rom.

What does this mean?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby 1888 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:37 pm

ROM. Read Only Memory. I presume that is where the sat nav's software is stored. I am looking to scrub the Binatone Rubbish and install igo8 or primo.
1888 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 pm

You don't need an unlock to do that.

If you connect the device to your pc you will see a folder called EITHER ResidentFlash OR DataFlash.
Inside this folder will be another folder called MobileNavigator, and inside this folder a file called MobileNavigator.exe

This is the original application, and you just need to replace the contents of the MobileNavigator folder with iGO, and rename iGO.exe to MobileNavigator.exe.

It is safe to delete everything from the internal flash memory (ResidentFlash or DataFlash) and replace it.

However if the device is connecting via ActiveSync or Windows Mobile device Center getting the new application and maps into the device will be an interesting experience.

I suggest running total commander from a SD card and using that to transfer the new app from the SD card to the internal flash.

You may also find the flash memory isn't that big, could be as little as 256MB.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby 1888 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Sorry I thought I said. See when you open my computer on your PC. You get your (C) drive, (D) drive and whatever and you also get WindowsCE when the sat nav is plugged in and sim card removed. Now my good sat nav I can open this WindowsCE and do as you say but I want to do it with this one (Identical Binatone) but no files are shown. This is what I am meaning by unlock to I can see and manipulate the files.

Hope this made sense.
1888 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:11 pm

So you open WindowsCE and there's nothing there?

From Universal Shell find the file cecmd.exe in the apps folder, put this on an empty micro sd card. Next create a new text file in notepad, type...

\SDMMC\cecmd.exe

...in it and save it as SHELL.ini to the sd card. Make sure it doesn't have a .txt extension!

Put it in the device, reboot, tap navigation and total commander should open.

Now you can browse the devices fire system without the problems of activesync.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby 1888 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:40 pm

OK cheers Fatboy. Need to nip out for an hour so ill get into this later. Did what you said and I am in. I take it I just delete and copy my igo from the SD card.
1888 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Yes, but the iGO folder must be called MobileNavigator, and the executable must be called MobileNavigator.exe, anything else and it won't start.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby 1888 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:58 pm

OK all igo folders and two maps are in the MobileNavigator folder and igo8.exe is changed to MobileNavigator.exe Program Application Database Cannot Be Found.

Hmmm. Copy paste is a pain in this mobile windows software. How do I get the keyboard up to name files?
1888 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:17 pm

Prepare everything on the sd card, then transfer it across using total commander on the device.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to Other Device Unlock