It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:41 am

News News of General Discussions about Garmin

Site map of General Discussions about Garmin » Forum : General Discussions about Garmin

Automotive maps update and garminDevice.xml read

Hey, so I was trying to decode what kind of files should I update, what kind of them are supported on my device. All I know is that it is Garmin for automotive.
What I am struggling with is:
What kind of JCV files are supported, becuase I installed some "random" ones and can't tell that they are working.
What should be gmapprom, and gmapsupp?
Can I tell somehow what kind of Garmin navi model ...
Read more : Automotive maps update and garminDevice.xml read | Views : 157 | Replies : 2

Garmin Bluechart G3 on GPSMAP 64s/65s

I was wondering if anybody was using Bluechart maps on a handheld like the 64s or 65s or similar?
If so, what info does it display? Is it worth it over plotting on a laptop/tablet/phone then exporting as a GPX?

I'm a little confused by the marine settings already so any info would be great help.
Read more : Garmin Bluechart G3 on GPSMAP 64s/65s | Views : 63 | Replies : 1

Garmin Navionics Marine chart

Does anybody have knowledge how to unlock Garmin Navionics marine maps ?
I'm talking about current models of Ploters where BlueChars doesn't work anymore, and current version 2024.0103.0 of software update.

There is any option to make it work ?
Read more : Garmin Navionics Marine chart | Views : 65 | Replies : 0

Bad signals from satellitts

I have this Garmin 780 Camper in my Audi Q7 4M 2017. The problem is that it has BIG problems finding signals. I`ve been told that this is due to the windshiled has this layer of lead film and this blocks the signals. Anyone found a solition in this ??
Read more : Bad signals from satellitts | Views : 141 | Replies : 5

Can not calculate a route ERROR Garmin DriveAssist 50

Hi everyone,

need your help.

I have a standard Garmin Drivesmart 50. When I try to calculate a route from (for example) my House to a city approx 300kms away, it says "can not calculate the route". I have tried to calculate the same route via Trip Planner (via add point on Map) and same error.

I have checked the Device with Garmin Express and NO updates. (Firmware is 2.7) I also reinstalled the MAPS ...
Read more : Can not calculate a route ERROR Garmin DriveAssist 50 | Views : 179 | Replies : 6

[Help] So how can i import a map to nuvi 250 ?

Hey, i m new in garmin topic, how can i import a map to garmin nuvi 250 ?
I found a map here for europe, but idk how can import it correctly with correct software..
Any help appreciated.
Read more : [Help] So how can i import a map to nuvi 250 ? | Views : 98 | Replies : 1

Garmin Alpha 300 regional limitation patcher

Garmin Alpha 300 USA bought. Want to use it in Norway.
Anyone knows where to find the same type of regional limitation patcher, as is awailable for the Alpha 100 unit ?

Christian
Read more : Garmin Alpha 300 regional limitation patcher | Views : 88 | Replies : 1

Would A GPSMAP 78S Be Better than ETrex 32S?

Anybody used A 78S?

I See GPSMAP 78S Has Stood the Test Of Time and does All the 32X Can Comparing the Spec. Despite the Lower memory would, it be Better Functionality than A newer Etrex 32S If I added A 32GB SD? The Reason Is, A 78s Refurbished For £150 whereas The 32X Is £199 Fixed.
Read more : Would A GPSMAP 78S Be Better than ETrex 32S? | Views : 105 | Replies : 1

DriveSmart 55 Map updates

I currently own a Garmin DriveSmart 55 and wanted to update the maps from "City Navigator Europe NTU 2019.10" to a newer version. I've been able to get hold of the "City Navigator Europe NTU 2024.10.gmap" files however when I try to push the files to the Satnav using Base Camp, The satnav tells me the files are corrupt and cannot be used.

Is there anyway I can get the files to work or do ...
Read more : DriveSmart 55 Map updates | Views : 196 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 160990 • Total topics 17082 • Total members 648544