Navman Unlock for most devices   

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:55 am

Is primo displaying "Autodetecting GPS receiver" or "looking for satellites..."

If it was working before the crash, and now it isn't, it's very likely to be corruption, maybe re install completely...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ralph199 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:54 am

Still not fixed.
What I have done so far is as follows:-
1. restored the Navman backup files in case of corruption there.
2. installed Primo2
3. installed Primo1
4. installed iGO8 (Chas's version from NT)

In each case the Navman will when I select it, boot up from the CE desktop and run perfectly normally (but of course on my old maps). Each version of iGO will boot up and appear to be perfectly fine except it doesn't lock on to any satellite. When searching for messages in the settings/preferences I find a message that says "Unable to find GPS Receiver". I've left the unit for 30 minutes in the open in case it needs a long time to initially find and lock onto any satellites, but still no luck.

What is annoying is that when I first unlocked the Navman and installed Primo2 it worked like a dream for a week or so. When it suddenly stopped working on Primo, nobody had been fiddling or changing any settings, it had been in use in the car. It's almost as though the Navman is alive and is saying, "You're not running a foreign system on me".

Any more thoughts please?
Ralph :helpsos:
ralph199 offline

Postby NRT » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:43 am

In the Primo sys.txt do you have the following:
[gps]
port=2
baud=4800

In iGO8 look in Menu/settings/GPS and make sure GPS is enabled and the tap on autodetect and it should find port 2 and baud 4800
NRT offline

User avatar Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:52 am

I know on my M400 there is an option in the original software (smartst) to change the GPS mode, between Normal, WAAS and EGNOS, mine is set to normal, also in the wince control panel there is an Orion option which gives settings for the GPS chipset.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ralph199 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:51 am

Phew!......it's working.
Thanks for the assistance guys.

I did as NRT suggested and checked the sys.txt file on each installation. They were all different ranging from a few lines to a whole heap of lines. The Primo 2 sys.txt had the port as 7 and the baud as 57000. The iGO8 didn't have a port or baud mentioned at all. I edited one sys.txt and copied it to both systems.
Magically the unit started searching for satellites and locked on quickly. So my Navman has the original Navman software, iGO8, and Primo2 all loaded and accessible from the desktop. And all work correctly when selected. (So far!!!)

I'm still confused as to why it worked for a week before acting up.....but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Thanks again guys.
Ralph :dance:
ralph199 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:06 am

How bizarre..? Anyway probably best to leave it if it's working. :D
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jimski » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:28 pm

I have the problem with my s90i that the flash disk does not appear in activesync or when using any of the programs found in miopocket, the usb connection still works and if I use "reinstall software" from my navman dvd it looks like everything gets reloaded but disappears when I reboot my device.
jimski offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 pm

jimski wrote:using any of the programs found in miopocket

Miopocket makes a ton of changes behind the scenes, did you uninstall miopocket before loading the default software?
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ralph199 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:34 am

Hi Jimski,

Just a thought, although it's probably not your answer. However I believe in considering any possibility when clutching at straws.

Do you use a folder colour changing program? I use a program called Rainbow Folders and it's great for highlighting folders and drives in Windows Explorer by changing colours to whatever you select. If you use something similar, that could be the problem because I have noticed that several pieces of software can't see any drives or folders that have had their colour changed.

As I said, just a thought.
Cheers,
Ralph :crazy:
ralph199 offline

Postby fairytooth » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:11 am

nabi wrote:Navman F20, F30, F40, F50, iCN 320, iCN 330, iCN 650
These devices do not have a Windows CE core. Unlocking is therefore not possible. Image

Navman m30 unlock method : [Please Register or Login to download file]

Navman S Series - S30, S50, S80, S90 : [Please Register or Login to download file]
[Please Register or Login to download file]

Hi Nabi

Is there any updgrade solution out there for a Navman iCN330, in particular a UK map? Thanks
fairytooth offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:01 am

Unlikely, unless there's an official update available.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby fairytooth » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:22 am

Just clutching at straws really for a friend who has one. Navman have dropped support for them so unless anyone out there has a compatible UK map, he is out of luck.

Thanks for the reply
fairytooth offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:26 am

Unfortunately as the device does not run Windows ce (probably some modified form of Linux) and the manufacturer dropped support for it, I very much doubt you can update it.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby fairytooth » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:35 am

Yes, I noticed that too. Shame really but thanks for your help, most apreciated.
fairytooth offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:37 pm

I'm just wondering if this wouldn't work. It's worth a try since nothing can be done anyway. If you delete everything from the internal disk [including any hidden files] [format?] and copy/paste all the files/folders from this download to the internal if the device would now work? Of course this is completely dependent upon the device being seen by the computer after the internal is empty.

I suppose you can try this: Make the download and copy the files/folder to the device and then manually delete the original old files/folders already on the device.

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?8816-Mio-3.3-unlock-modified-for-use-w-Primo2
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Navman Device Unlock