newbie question   

newbie question

Postby larsje » Wed May 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Hello i had a question.

I have a Tomtom XL model 4et03 without a SD card. My question is if i can build this device to a rider. so in other words put the rider software on the device so it becomes a rider. And if this is possible what should i change than? Should i first download a navcore which is for the rider and than put this on the tomtom XL? and can i than download any map of europe or does this have to be a special map for the rider.

And the same question i have for the tomtom trucker. Can i make from an other tomtom device a trucker device by changing it's software and maps? and if this is possible, is this possible with al the devices or just with some devices?

Very very much thnx for your help.

Gr.

Larsje
larsje offline

Re: newbie question

Postby fredderf » Thu May 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Yes, you can install either Rider or Truck navcores but your limitations on such an old device will be only having 32MB of RAM and storage space.

Really you'd need to run the Truck map with the Truck NC but you won't have the space for that so there's not a lot of point
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby larsje » Thu May 11, 2017 5:18 pm

ok. thnx for the reaction. so if i buy a second hand tomtom with a SD card reader than the truck is possible. and do i have to put the navcore on the device itself or on the sd card?

And the rider software is not a problem i understand to put on the given device.

THNX
larsje offline

Postby fredderf » Thu May 11, 2017 8:01 pm

larsje wrote: so if i buy a second hand tomtom with a SD card reader than the truck is possible. and do i have to put the navcore on the device itself or on the sd card?

Yes, definitely possible if you have the space. I usually recommend a Go x40 or x50 as they have 64MB RAM and a micro SD slot, so no more worries with storage space.

You can put the NC on either the internal or the SD but I usually put the lot on the SD as a class 10 SD card runs just as quickly as the internal drive.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby larsje » Wed May 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Oke THNX.

So i bought myself a second hand Go 740 with a micro SD slot. So now i can put the navcore from the trucker on the SD card and the map for the trucks also on the SD card (or is there no special map for trucks?) and than the device knows that it should start up with the navcore from the SD card? or should i put something on the device itself? And another question, should i do something with the bootloader or is the one which is on the device ok?

THNX once again for your help, I appreciate it.

gr.

Larsje
larsje offline

Postby fredderf » Wed May 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Yes, you can put the lot on the SD card (truck NC & map) and leave the internal empty if you wish

The bootloader should be ok as the standard one is 5.5120 but you didn't say what is on your one?
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby larsje » Thu May 18, 2017 12:16 pm

I have no idea to be honest. were can i find that information on the device?
Another question about downloading the maps. When i try to download a map or navcore, i get redirected. I downloaded the navcore that was no problem. When i tried to download the map, i also get redirected and after waiting the 60 seconds i got the error saying that i did the max download for this hour. Is there an other way to get the maps so i don't have to wait for an hour for each rar part of the map?
ps i did the free slow download on the redirected site.

THNX
larsje offline

Postby fredderf » Thu May 18, 2017 12:46 pm

The bootloader will be fine but if you want to know what it is, download FastActivate > extract FastActivate.exe to the root of your device and run it > select option 7

If you want to download a map without limits, you'll need to pay for premium access from the relevant site

There's more links to Truck maps here
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby larsje » Thu May 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Thnx.

if i click the link you provided i get on the part of the forum about truck maps. at each map it says requirement: PNA, what does that mean?

Last question, can i make a garmin from my tomtom? so can i use the garmin software and maps on the tomtom? just a question out of curiosity if this is possible.

gr.

larsje
larsje offline

Postby fredderf » Thu May 18, 2017 11:15 pm

Ignore the PNA

No, you can't use Garmin software on a TomTom device
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby larsje » Fri May 19, 2017 7:24 am

OK.

THNX for all the help and great job you all are doing!!

gr.

Larsje
larsje offline

Postby larsje » Wed May 24, 2017 9:05 am

Hello I had one other question.

I have a tomtom go 5000. I want to put the truck navcore on a SD card and also the map. problem is when i want to install the navcore with the provided program, it asks for the ttgo.bif

I connected the device to my computer, but it doesnt show up as a device. so where and how can i get the ttgo.bif so i can put the truck navcore on the sd card?

gr.

Larsje
larsje offline

Postby holyhead » Wed May 24, 2017 9:42 am

That is not possible you only can buy a map (no truckmap availble for 5000) for the Go 5000.
tutorials-f80/important-note-for-new-tomtom-models-like-via-start20-go1xxx-please-read-t8690.html
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby larsje » Wed May 24, 2017 9:53 am

Oke so it's not possible to put the navcore and a map for the truck on the SD card and get it working as i read correct in your link.

Well that's xxxx. hope you will find a hack one day to make this possible.

THNX for your reactions.

Gr.

larsje

Mod Note: Swearing is not permitted.
larsje offline

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices