Navcore 9.510 with auto-power-on   

Re: Navcore 9.510 with auto-power-on

Postby tendriver » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:13 pm

tohis wrote:However, after extracting there was an another file Navcore_9.510_power_up.rar which I can't open. Does it have a different password or is the file corrupted? TIA

PW = downunder
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tohis » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:03 am

Okay, I got it installed now, sorry about that but at first I was a bit cautious about an unknown exe file... Anyway, it went in and started right away. The voice in my language was missing, which I copied to Voices folder from my backup, and I also silenced the I'll be back sound. I also copied some other missing things like Car symbols in Art folder etc.

Then I had speed camera settings missing and some Main menu items existing twice because it was in X40 mode. I tried the Skin Chooser, but I can't choose the XXL Emu there, only X20 to X50 were available. By choosing X20 I got the Main menu fixed and found speed camera options. Now everything seems to be okay, including Auto power on, but will need more testing to make sure. I'm just about to go out riding and testing it.

The "reskin" file seems to have those available modes, but I couldn't fully figure it out how it works. I guess I can add those missing options there however. This is what I have now:
slf;25;24-GO x40;slf-Self;37-GO x50;18-GO x20;25-GO x30

I'm wondering, is the first entry (slf) the skin and second entry (25) the emulation mode, and available modes after them?
tohis offline

Postby habee » Wed May 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Great site & thx to all programmers :023: . As motorbike rider I've been missing the auto power up option, glad it's solved.
I do however mis the rider skin (17 or 71) option in this version, is this possible at all or do I need another nc?

thx!
habee offline

Postby habee » Wed May 11, 2016 5:43 pm

correction....the rider 3 emulation, skin 17 is available :021:
habee offline

Postby tendriver » Thu May 12, 2016 5:42 pm

tohis wrote:1. The "reskin" file seems to have those available modes, but I couldn't fully figure it out how it works. I guess I can add those missing options there however. This is what I have now:slf;25;24-GO x40;slf-Self;37-GO x50;18-GO x20;25-GO x30
2. I'm wondering, is the first entry (slf) the skin and second entry (25) the emulation mode, and available modes after them?

1. Manually put the skin, aka emulation, that you want, at the beginning of the list.
2. slf [self] emulates your actual device. 25 emulates a GO x30.
XXl emu = 38, XXL IQ = 42.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tendriver » Thu May 12, 2016 5:43 pm

habee wrote:correction....the rider 3 emulation, skin 17 is available :021:

Rider 3 = 46
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby habee » Fri May 13, 2016 3:56 pm

correct, 46 = rider 3 but when put in the reskin file as first, it loads but there are no menus.
NC is a clean install on a 730 of the NC offered in this post. am I doin something wrong?
It used to work on my previous DSA enabled 9.205....
habee offline

Postby tendriver » Sat May 14, 2016 11:44 am

habee wrote:am I doin something wrong?

Did you follow these instructions?
The emulation can be selected on the last page of the menu - Skin Chooser.
Use the arrows to choose, a double tap in the center of the screen will confirm and reboot with the selected emulation.
In case an emulation causes problems and the device won't start:
Edit the file "reskin" in the folder "skins" with an editor like Notepad++.
Original line looks like this: slf-Self;slf-Self;17-Rider;18-GO x20;25-GO x30;24-GO x40;24-GO x40;36-XL LIVE;37-GO x50
Yours will look different, but the selected emulation is always first and always as a double entry!!
To fix the problem simply delete the first entry, which is the one causing you problems, and replace with "slf-Self;slf-Self;", leave the other emulations and check if the work for you.
Delete all problematic emulations or select the preferred one and if no skin chooser is needed anymore delete the SDKRegistry folder.Works fine on my 730 in the normal version.

As is often the case with anything modified, you can't always have everything that you would like to have. It's give up this to gain that,
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby itprotj » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:17 am

Awesome to see a modded navcore for tomtom which implements "Auto Power On".
I've got a XXL 540 IQ Classic - Is this modded navcore compatible with my model? I saw a few posts about someone else with a 540 but they seem to be a couple of years back. Not sure if its possible to brick the device so thought I'd ask..
itprotj offline

Postby fredderf » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:28 pm

itprotj wrote:I've got a XXL 540 IQ Classic - Is this modded navcore compatible with my model? I saw a few posts about someone else with a 540 but they seem to be a couple of years back. Not sure if its possible to brick the device so thought I'd ask..

Yes, you can use this navcore on your device with no worries about 'bricking'
However, you should always do a full backup of your device before trying out any new navcore in case you want to revert to as before.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby itprotj » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:44 pm

fredderf wrote:
itprotj wrote:I've got a XXL 540 IQ Classic - Is this modded navcore compatible with my model? I saw a few posts about someone else with a 540 but they seem to be a couple of years back. Not sure if its possible to brick the device so thought I'd ask..

Yes, you can use this navcore on your device with no worries about 'bricking'
However, you should always do a full backup of your device before trying out any new navcore in case you want to revert to as before.

Cool thanks for the heads up. From what I can assume I just chuck this on, with the appropriate map files for my country + POIs + voices, use fastactivate and im home sweet home.
itprotj offline

Postby fredderf » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:38 pm

itprotj wrote:Cool thanks for the heads up. From what I can assume I just chuck this on, with the appropriate map files for my country + POIs + voices, use fastactivate and im home sweet home.

Yes, that's right

Post back if you have any problems
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby itprotj » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:32 am

fredderf wrote:
itprotj wrote:Cool thanks for the heads up. From what I can assume I just chuck this on, with the appropriate map files for my country + POIs + voices, use fastactivate and im home sweet home.

Yes, that's right

Post back if you have any problems

Sweet, installed it all and works great.. Did come across a couple of things though.

1. The voices seemed to be temperamental, most default voices just wouldn't playback using the test button whereas other random ones would? In the end I copied my folder of voices from my backup and at least one of them worked.. Kept saying something to do with me not picking a proper computer voice or it was a recorded one or something not sure.

2. I might need some help on this one. On my old navcore whenever I would go into the toggle "Show Daylight Colours" or "Show nighttime" whatever it was called it would give a popup saying Show night time colours at night time? with a yes or not button. This way it would auto select the right colours depending on daylight/night time. In this navcore that popup windows doesn't come up... How do I get it to only show daylight colours during the day and night at night time?

EDIT, Forgot to add one.

3. Not a massive deal if I can't get it working but in my old navcore there was a "TomTom Services" menu item which allowed enabling the tomtom speedcameras POI that I put on my device. Can't seem to find the "TomTom Services" menu item in this navcore. Any ideas for this one?

Did a test of auto power on and first results were positive... Jumped in the car later however and no go, manually powered on and went through the whole first time boot with the warning menu and jazz, It was doing this occasionaly before however so probably not a navcore issue, I'm assuming its my battery failing which irritates me as I've already replaced it before heh.

Apart from those things it seems to function fairly well and by first results seems to auto power on and auto power off :). I'll be doing a bit of a highway drive later this month so I can give it a proper run then.

Thanks.
itprotj offline

Postby fredderf » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:01 pm

itprotj wrote:
1. The voices seemed to be temperamental, most default voices just wouldn't playback using the test button whereas other random ones would? In the end I copied my folder of voices from my backup and at least one of them worked.. Kept saying something to do with me not picking a proper computer voice or it was a recorded one or something not sure.

2. I might need some help on this one. On my old navcore whenever I would go into the toggle "Show Daylight Colours" or "Show nighttime" whatever it was called it would give a popup saying Show night time colours at night time? with a yes or not button. This way it would auto select the right colours depending on daylight/night time. In this navcore that popup windows doesn't come up... How do I get it to only show daylight colours during the day and night at night time?

EDIT, Forgot to add one.

3. Not a massive deal if I can't get it working but in my old navcore there was a "TomTom Services" menu item which allowed enabling the tomtom speedcameras POI that I put on my device. Can't seem to find the "TomTom Services" menu item in this navcore. Any ideas for this one?

1. Go to the voices directory and remove any *.dct files and try again. Computer voices need a map that supports TTS and Vocalizer.
2. Change the emulation to x50 and try again.
3. Same as answer 2

Have a read through this thread as a lot of these things are already discussed.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby holyhead » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:12 pm

A map that supports TTS and Vocalizer should be enough.
Cspeech and ASR are only necessary if you giving speaking commands and then you need a microphone (XXl has no mike)
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

PreviousNext

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices