Navcore 9.485 for most devices   

Postby Lause » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Now I've tried to install new NC for the 117'th time - every time the same happens... Tomtom ONE XL, 32MB RAM:

This time I've downloaded your installer and used the Memory Boost version (before I tried several 9.5 and 9.170SE versions), installed it with my original ttgo.bif in the internal memory, copied the Europe_1GB_North_910_4952 map version to the internal memory, as well as the latest FastActivate, ran the first four options, got no errors.

Then the same thing happens every time: It starts up - in Italian(!), although my initial language setting in ttgo.bif is Danish - and cant recognize the map.

Can't get further from there. As you can see above, the language setting in ttgo.bif is set to Italian, I never have used Italian (can't speak more than a few words) and I can't explain where this setting is coming from.

I managed to install truck Navcore 9.700 and Europe truck Maps 910.4958 on a 2GB SD-card and run it on the ONE XL, but without card it's useless now... Also I got installed NC 9.510 and Europe North 910.4895 and up and running on an TT XL - in Danish!;)

Update:
Just tried once again: Turned it on, got same text as screenshot above: "No trovare di mappa" (or something like that), turned it off again, put the SD-card in, started it again, and now the Truck Navcore is running in Italian as well!!! OK, finding the language settings in Italian isn't that hard, but annoying! Runs Danish again now... So, I try to turn it off again and see what happens, if started without the card inserted... "Ingen kort fundet" (Means no maps found in Danish, so obviously the setting is reverted to Danish). But still: No maps found...........

:scratch_one-s_head_
Lause offline

Postby Lause » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Erhmmm, just got thinking: All these times, I copied the CONTENT of the folder "Europe_1GB_North_910_4952" on to the internal memory. Am I supposed to copy the FOLDER? Not just the content?

I hope not, because I would feel a little stupid, if so... And maybe I shouldn't tell my girlfriend, she's getting a little annoyed about me sitting here in front of the computer, downloading, copying-pasting, patching and coursing for days...

Anyways, I feel urged to enunciate my impression about the people who put so much effort and work into making all this possible for us "dummies"!

Just got finished copying the CONTENT of the map folder to the internal... If not working (I suspect it won't), I'll try the other option, copying the complete map folder to the internal...
TomTom One XL with Truck Navcore and Maps on SD-Card - TomTom XL - Becker Traffic Assist Z205 - Navigon 70 Premium with Truck/Caravan Software
Lause offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Lause wrote:Erhmmm, just got thinking: All these times, I copied the CONTENT of the folder "Europe_1GB_North_910_4952" on to the internal memory. Am I supposed to copy the FOLDER? Not just the content?

Yes the map "contents" must be in a folder!!!
Is not the Europe Truck map on your card in a folder??????????? Since the truck setup is working, that should have been a HUGE clue!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Lause » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Working now - the problem was myself (as I suspected:scratch_one-s_head_)

All the times, I failed, was because I copied the content of the map folder to the Internal, not the whole folder... Might have misread it in another thread, but I'm sure, I've read somewhere, I had to copy the content.

Sorry for all the fuss, I caused, just hope I can prevent others from making the same mistake.
TomTom One XL with Truck Navcore and Maps on SD-Card - TomTom XL - Becker Traffic Assist Z205 - Navigon 70 Premium with Truck/Caravan Software
Lause offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Lause wrote:Sorry for all the fuss, I caused

Thanx for the update. No fuss, no bother. We are here for no other reason than to help our members, whether they be noobs or experienced.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Razorblatter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:03 pm

I installed Downunder's NC 9.485 for most devices today on a TT One XL 1GB with SD-slot.
It works with the 910.4892 maps but does not show a three pane status bar which I kind of expected and no ALG.

From the interface of the installer I chose 9,485 for XL models because the additional text specified
"This version is for all classic versions of the XL" - This seemed to be the install option of choice for this XL.

However in the NC download thread the same choice is specified as:
"XL version is the last resort for XL and XL Live models if all other fails".

Also, I am also not getting a Skin Chooser option in the last page of the main menu.
(But, as I understood from reading the above, I could edit 'reskin')

I wonder if the better choice would be:
Memory Boost version is for devices with only 32mb Ram, like the ONE series.
or
Memory Boost and Hardwired Sound (HS) is for devices with 32mb Ram that stay silent when a computervoice is used.

What would be your advice because I would prefer to have a 3 pane status bar and ALG.
The computer voice would be nice to but I haven't got round to that yet. Slightly less important at this point. But I got to cross that bridge any time now.
Thanks and regards
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Razorblatter wrote:I wonder if the better choice would be:
or
Memory Boost and Hardwired Sound (HS) is for devices with 32mb Ram that stay silent when a computervoice is used.

tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Razorblatter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:22 pm

Thanks you very much for this swift answer.
Could I re-install using this option or should I restore backup first and then install ?
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Razorblatter wrote:Thanks you very much for this swift answer.
Could I re-install using this option or should I restore backup first and then install ?

Since you have a backup, install the MB version over the 1st version, overwriting any common files.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby dieselman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Razorblatter wrote:Also, I am also not getting a Skin Chooser option in the last page of the main menu.
(But, as I understood from reading the above, I could edit 'reskin')

I'm using this navcore in two old tomtom ones and it works brilliantly, but i had to edit the reskin file to get the the option of skin chooser. i think i deleted self emu and one emu which allowed the skin chooser option. i then decided to go with the x30 emu so i deleted all other emus from skin chooser and also deleted sdk registry file, so now my devices boot up in x30 and no other choices are available. i personaly think this mb 9.485 is the best Downunder has created, it operates on the road with loads of free ram and never lags.x30 also gives 3 pane status bar.
dieselman offline

Postby v3rv3 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:53 pm

About Navcore 9.485 for most devices by Downunder35m
Is it still the current version for 32Mo device like the old TomTom Go?
v3rv3 offline

Postby v3rv3 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:06 pm

I just installed it (the Go version) but I've now less FREE RAM than with this previous NAVCORE:

Application Version=9.170
Application Version=734651.2

4 Mo only now Vs 7.0 to 8.4 Mo (from 32Mo) before with very old TomTom Go device.

I thought it was supposed to be a lighter version? How comes?

Also, it's quite slow (a bit less after a few uses) and now it does not want to plan a road if it does not found a valid GPS signal.

(Note that I set my home address.)
v3rv3 offline

Postby dieselman » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:24 pm

if your device has only 32mb of ram, you should use memory boost version for 32mb devices and not the Go version.This works great for me.
dieselman offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:23 am

As far as I recall, the installer comes with instructions - even for 32mb models;)
The memory boost version should give you around 10mb of free RAM.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby curly » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks a lot!!
curly offline

PreviousNext

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices