DSA Navcore   

Postby josefreitas » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:16 am

Ok Thank you so much ... is also not anything important ... but this skin was the sound louder, nothing else.
Well there, thanks again
josefreitas offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:46 am

josefreitas wrote:Ok Thank you so much ...

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby draxx » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Hello,

I succussfully installed the DSA navcore on my Tomtom Rider V2 and I would like to use Tomtom Home to use my GPS (emulator). But I am not able to download the appropriate file from tomtom (ERror in model...). There is a workaround ?

Another question. Can I delete something to save a little bit more of RAM ?

Thank you very much for your help :)
draxx offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:17 pm

draxx wrote:Hello,

I succussfully installed the DSA navcore on my Tomtom Rider V2 and
1. I would like to use Tomtom Home to use my GPS (emulator). But I am not able to download the appropriate file from tomtom (ERror in model...). There is a workaround ?
2. Another question. Can I delete something to save a little bit more of RAM ?
Thank you very much for your help :)

1. Are you getting this message when trying to use TT Home "Operate my device"?
2. Ram memory is used by the OS. It is not storage memory. Deleting would not help. How much free RAM have you got?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby draxx » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:13 am

1- Yes, It is ! And to manipulate my gps from TT Home, a file to download is required.
2- for free memory, I do not have the gps with me, but I believe to remember be about 3-4 mo.
draxx offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:30 pm

draxx wrote:1- Yes, It is ! And to manipulate my gps from TT Home, a file to download is required.

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Download, unzip, then put the unzipped folder in the extentions folder:

With XP
C:\Documents and Settings\ User Name\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensions
[/font]

With Vista or Windows 7
C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensions
[/font]

With Mac:[/font]User's_Home/Library/ApplicationSupport/TomTomHOME/Profiles/????????.default/Resources/Extensions/[email protected]/?-???- ????-/.framework

Patch it with Fastactivate.
[/font]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby draxx » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:00 pm

That is rocks, the emulator works perfectly !!!! Thank you "tendriver"

For the free ram, at GPS start, only 3,5mo are available :@
draxx offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:41 pm

draxx wrote:That is rocks, the emulator works perfectly !!!! Thank you "tendriver"

For the free ram, at GPS start, only 3,5mo are available :@

You are Welcome. Thanx for the update.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby PAID2HVR » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi, I'm trying to update my Rider 2 and I'm not sure how to do it. Can someone help? Here is what i know about my device:
Device ID AK*** AA***
App 7.901 OS :243479
32MB RAM
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.5012
Map: North_America_2GB v715.1712

Will updating my NAVCORE enable the use of newer maps? Does any have step by step instructions on how to update both the NAVCORE and the Maps? I run this through Mac Lion OS X. Thanks in advance

I know this is a relatively old thread, but I am trying to update my Rider 2nd Edition and need some help. I have tried going to the links provided to download the NAVCORE but it takes me to several different sites and at the end I can't download the software. How can I get it? I intend on loading US maps. Once I do get it, how do I go about loading it into my Rider 2? Thanks.
PAID2HVR offline

Postby draxx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:20 pm

PAID2HVR wrote:I know this is a relatively old thread, but I am trying to update my Rider 2nd Edition and need some help. I have tried going to the links provided to download the NAVCORE but it takes me to several different sites and at the end I can't download the software. How can I get it? I intend on loading US maps. Once I do get it, how do I go about loading it into my Rider 2? Thanks.

It is quite simple.

First make a backup of the whole of the GPS (copy all files from the SD card and put them on your computer).

Next, go on the first topic's page. Click on the "9.205 for Rider - DSA Navcore in Self mode for Rider and maybe older 32mb models" link. Put the required password, next choose the first link "Part_1.rar [ filefactory.com ]".

Finally a new page is opened. Find top down in the page, "Slow download" and click on "download". That is all, you are ok to installe the navcore on your GPS.

With my rider 2, I had formated my SD card to be sure to avoid any conflict with DSA navcore.

Good luck.
Urgent, Very urgent, too late :D
draxx offline

Postby PAID2HVR » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks Drax. I will try it and post the results. I have started the slow download process for the 890.4238 (USA, Canada, and Mexico maps), I hoping they will work when I update my NAVCORE.
PAID2HVR offline

Postby PAID2HVR » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Ok. So I downloaded the Navcore like you said, formatted my card, and saved the files directly to the root. Next I downloaded United States 2GB 895.4438 (which i believe is the latest maps that have a .Meta file). I thought I had to download all 7 parts so it took me two days (free download is very slow). Turns out all you need to download is one of the parts. I unzipped the file and saved the resulting map file directly to the root file of my TT SD card. I inserted the card in my Rider 2 and turned it on so that I could get a TTgo.bif file. It gave me a warning that the maps could not be used I turned it off and removed the card. I add the Fastactiveate.exe file to the root directory and ran it directly from there. I did the maps and the ttgo.bif files. I removed the card and placed it back into my Rider 2 and wa-la, it worked! Thanks for the info. This was a real head hurter until you gave me the step by step.:greeting_mini:
PAID2HVR offline

Postby draxx » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:49 pm

excellent :)

enjoy with your new gps, this navcore is very useful with a ;)
draxx offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:18 pm

PAID2HVR wrote:Ok. So I downloaded the Navcore like you said, formatted my card, and saved the files directly to the root. Next I downloaded United States 2GB 895.4438 (which i believe is the latest maps that have a .Meta file). I thought I had to download all 7 parts so it took me two days (free download is very slow).
1. Turns out all you need to download is one of the parts. I unzipped the file and saved the resulting map file directly to the root file of my TT SD card. I inserted the card in my Rider 2 and turned it on so that I could get a TTgo.bif file. It gave me a warning that the maps could not be used I turned it off and removed the card. I add the Fastactiveate.exe file to the root directory and ran it directly from there. I did the maps and the ttgo.bif files. I removed the card and placed it back into my Rider 2 and wa-la, it worked! Thanks for the info.
2. This was a real head hurter until you gave me the step by step.:greeting_mini:

Congrats!!
1. Where did you get this idea from????
2. It is a lot simplier than members make it out to be. It's a 3 step process. Out with the old, In with the new, Run the patcher. DONE!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby PAID2HVR » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:09 am

tendriver wrote:Congrats!!
1. Where did you get this idea from????
2. It is a lot simplier than members make it out to be. It's a 3 step process. Out with the old, In with the new, Run the patcher. DONE!!

I got the NAVCORE fix from Draxx. The rest was pretty straight forward.
PAID2HVR offline

PreviousNext

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices