Navman - S70 Help   

Navman - S70 Help

Postby Bootech » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:20 am

Hi guys,

I wonder if you can help at all, my friend says he has a "Navman S70" and I've been looking on here, would seem that IGO PRIMO 2 is the way forward with this device. just reading as well and it would seem that it needs "unlocked" also there's a "no unlock" thread as well....???

I was wondering, has this device got a memory card slot that IGO can be run from rather than messing on with the unit itself.

Thanks
Bootech offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:25 pm

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?1279-Navman-Unlock-for-most-devices

much better to put the program on a sd card than mess with internal. recommend that you unlock it first. google the device to learn its specs.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Bootech » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I have a "Binatone" that has a memory card in it and I have IGO2 on that, I have a default shell.ini that has the following in it (Which points to the exe of IGO) would this be something similar to the Navman S70.

\SDMMC\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe

Thanks for the reply, I'd much prefer to have something running from the memory card and should it go ass up then it can be removed and the "stock" sat nav run.

I'll do some more reading about them.
Bootech offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:38 pm

No, the shell.ini file doesn't work on navman's, and to further complicate matters the navman and some mio's must be unlocked correctly or you can lose usb access.

Look here... http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?8169-Run-iGO-Primo-2-0-on-Mio-Moov-and-Navman-S-series-(and-some-F-series)-in-ten-steps

However in the back of my head is a nagging thought that the S70 is a bit "special" meaning nothing runs on it.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Bootech » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:25 pm

many thanks for the reply, I will have a read about and see what's what with them.....

Thanks again.
Bootech offline

Return to Mio Device Unlock