XXL help   

Re: XXL help

Postby Razorblatter » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:36 pm

I will give a tip which doesn't always work but very often it does:

No signal within two minutes?
Go to Setting and Change Maps: select current map do that it reloads. In a lot of instances it will find gps signal quickly. Within seconds or half a minute. If it doesn't, switch device off and restart.
Last edited by Razorblatter on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:27 pm

gui59200 wrote:Have you ever had a bug (blocking TOMTOM) following a navitotal update?

No, & afaik, we still haven't.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Stricjo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:05 am

Noob here.. have a TT xl coulndt get any updates was getting I/O writing error, i was just trying to add some simple new voices, a tad tired and frustrated i formatted, ( later reading here thats the last step)

now i have no maps found..

per TTconfig....

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ROME
DeviceVersionHW=ROME
BootLoaderVersion=10012
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8083
ApplicationVersion=9669
CurrentMap=
CurrentMapVersion=0.0
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...

any help to get just a basic USA map is all i am wanting..

thanks in advance
Stricjo offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:37 am

If your device is really using this bootloader there is a high chance that you have a problem.
Please try to update the device through TT Home until no more updates are offered - follow the steps as indicated by Home.
With any luck it should update to a 8.4 Navcore, which we have a patched file for.
Also while at it check if a new ttgo.bif is created and check if the bootloader in there is still listed as 10012 after the updates through Home.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Stricjo wrote:1. now i have no maps found..
2. ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8083
3. BootLoaderVersion=10012
4. any help to get just a basic USA map is all i am wanting..

1. Your navcore needs to be patched.
2. This is the current navcore for your xl.
3. It is completely safe to change a 10012 bootloader. In your case, there is no need to do so.
4. United States 955.6801 [825MB]
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Stricjo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:04 pm

Thank you both for the replies..

I have patched my naccore with yDGpatch 1.2

i was unable to locate the link for the usa map..
Stricjo offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:09 pm

Stricjo wrote:i was unable to locate the link for the usa map..

maps-v9xx-f179/all-new-maps-955-t17600.html
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Stricjo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:38 am

thank you again!

i was using a bad elf dongle with my ipad 2, but it must have a clear view of the sky and in my jeep it doesnt work so well. maps are larger yes but the TT is much more reliable!

thank you again!
Stricjo offline

Postby Steve180556 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi

I'm having no luck trying to update my son's map.

Downloaded the 2 parts of the "self-patching" map 955.6746. Ran the .exe and it seemed to finish, the box just closed but it has created a new folder in the root directory containing 24 files. the TT lists the map but states it "cannot be loaded"
there is no DCT file so I assumed it had not patched with the navcore, so I tried Fastactivate but this doesn't run correctly. It opens a box saying patching the navcore but this just keeps flashing and eventually just goes blank. At the same time I can see it trying to create a file in the root directory called YPD.exe or similar but this seems to fail.

All files have been run from root directory, and I am using windows 7.

Any help would be appreciated

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom XXL Classic Series
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XXL Classic
BootLoaderVersion=55282
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9510
ApplicationVersion=1234792.2
CurrentMap=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland
CurrentMapVersion=885.4009
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...
Steve180556 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:15 am

Steve180556 wrote:1. Ran the .exe and it seemed to finish, the box just closed but it has created a new folder in the root directory containing 24 files.
2. the TT lists the map but states it "cannot be loaded"there is no DCT file
3. so I assumed it had not patched with the navcore, so I tried Fastactivate but this doesn't run correctly. It opens a box saying patching the navcore but this just keeps flashing and eventually just goes blank.

1. The new folder should be the unzipped map folder.
2. You are correct. At this point, the map is not patched. Did you confirm that the 955.6746 has a posted meta code, which is required to patch a map??
3. User error is the only cause of FastActivate.exe not running correctly. Option 2 patches the map & option 3 patches the navcore.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Steve180556 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:57 am

Hi.
Thanks for the response. I used the self patching files using the instructions from the main page so it created its own folder on installation-
"You just need to download and run the file on your computer.
1. With your TomTom device plugged in or your sd card in your sd reader and an active internet connection
2. Click on the .exe file [Choose TomTom path or sd path] and click on the [Install] button.
3. Wait until the install process finishes and your new map will be installed and patched."

The file has a meta code which comes with it.

Should I need to use Fastactivate with the self-patching files????? Or do you suggest trying again using the standard files with Fastactivate?

Thanks
Steve180556 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:58 pm

Steve180556 wrote:Should I need to use Fastactivate with the self-patching files????? Or do you suggest trying again using the standard files with Fastactivate?

put fastactivate.exe & a copy of your device's ttgo.bif file in the new map folder & run option 2 to patch the map. disconnect & reboot. post your progress here.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Steve180556 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi.

did a restore on TThome to get rid of all files.
Scrapped the self-patching files and downloaded the standard map files.
All files are in the TT root directory. Part1.rar file contains 17 .dat & .met files
When I extract or open the part1 file it says part2 archive is either unknown or damaged.If I try to run Fastactivate I get the same response as before, It opens a box saying patching the navcore but this just keeps flashing and eventually just goes blank. I don't get any options to choose.
Questions:
1 - does anyone have a downloadable file other than those on Filefactory?
2 - has anyone else had problems with the downloaded files?
3 - Should I format the TT memory and do a restore from TThome? would this clear everything and give a fully usable, if out-of-date old system?
4 - Is there some way to post up screenshots of what I am talking about? maybe if you can see what I am looking at it may make sense.

Tearing my hair out now. Thanks guys.
Steve180556 offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:43 am

Steve180556 wrote:All files are in the TT root directory. Part1.rar file contains 17 .dat & .met files When I extract or open the part1 file it says part2 archive is either unknown or damaged.If I try to run Fastactivate I get the same response as before

If you are saying that you are putting part 1.rar & par 2.rar on your device, then you are trying to unzip them, STOP.
1. Create a new folder on your desktop. Copy parts 1 & 2 into this folder. Click part 1 to unzip both parts 1 & 2 into a map folder inside the folder that you created.
2. Copy this new map folder to your unit, run FastActivate.exe options 2 & 3 to patch map & navcore.
Disconnect & rebot. Done!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Steve180556 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi.
Copied part 1 & 2 to a new map folder on desktop as you suggested above. Extract part 1 and part 2 still fails with the message below:

C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\Maps\8576495546.part2.rar: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I have downloaded it 3 times now in case it was damaged on download. Does anyone have a KNOWN good copy they can email me? Or any suggestions on what might be wrong.
Thanks again.
Steve180556 offline

PreviousNext

Return to > Maps v9XX