Urgent "Map can only be installed on the device with this device code"   

Urgent "Map can only be installed on the device with this device code"

Postby abdo466 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi every one, I am Abdelghani from Morocco, Recently, I bought a tomtom xl N14644, it was a used device, unfortunately it is useless because it contains "Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB" map unstead of the one of my country Morocco, I have tried many tutorials to install Morocco map on my device, the last attempt was today when I downloaded the original map from this post here: http://www.navitotal.com/post146988.html?hilit=morocco#p146988, so i extracted it and put the three files within the map in this folder on my PC C:\Users\xxx\Documents\TomTom\HOME\FromDevice in order for me to use later the option "install items from computer", as you see in the picture the map of morocco is correctly detected but when I proceed for installation it fails, because of the device code, i manage to edit the file named "Morocco.toc" and change the device ID to the one of my tomtom device but actually i couldn't do the same thing to all the files of the map, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance
TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL (v9)
BootLoaderVersion=55138
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8014
ApplicationVersion=9372
CurrentMap=Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB
CurrentMapVersion=835.2420
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...

abdo466 offline

Re: Urgent "Map can only be installed on the device with this device code"

Postby tendriver » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:05 am

abdo466 wrote:any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

You are doing it all wrong. You DO NOT USE TTHome. The 955 map that you downloaded is not usable. Go to the "All maps 945.XXXX" thread, found in the Old Maps Archive, located in "General Discussion about TomTom". Scroll down to the Morocco 945 6176 map & download it. Unzip this map. Remove your old map folder & copy in the 945 map folder. Download & unzip FastActivate. Run FastActivate options 2 & 3 to patch the new map & navcore. Disconnect & reboot. DONE!!

BTW, double posting is a big NONO!! Your other post on this subject has been deleted.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby abdo466 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:56 pm

tendriver wrote:
abdo466 wrote:any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

You are doing it all wrong. You DO NOT USE TTHome. The 955 map that you downloaded is not usable. Go to the "All maps 945.XXXX" thread, found in the Old Maps Archive, located in "General Discussion about TomTom". Scroll down to the Morocco 945 6176 map & download it. Unzip this map. Remove your old map folder & copy in the 945 map folder. Download & unzip FastActivate. Run FastActivate options 2 & 3 to patch the new map & navcore. Disconnect & reboot. DONE!!

BTW, double posting is a big NONO!! Your other post on this subject has been deleted.

Thank you for your reply, sorry for double posting, i will try your advices
abdo466 offline

Postby abdo466 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Thank you so much, I did it, it is working 100 %, thanks a lot
abdo466 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:36 pm

abdo466 wrote:Thank you so much, I did it, it is working 100 %, thanks a lot

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!!

:thread_solved:
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby abdo466 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:09 pm

tendriver wrote:
abdo466 wrote:Thank you so much, I did it, it is working 100 %, thanks a lot

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!!

:thread_solved:
YUY

Can I ask you for more please :lol: the map is working 100%, whoever I am wondering if there is a map for morrocco up todate, lot of roads doesn't have names, have I to update my novcore in order for me tu use the ones v9? or may be it will be the same problem if i manage to do so? think you very much for your time
abdo466 offline

Postby Razorblatter » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:32 pm

No choice in Morocco maps. It is what it is. TT still claims the map contains detailed coverage.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:00 am

abdo466 wrote:Can I ask you for more please the map is working 100%, whoever I am wondering if there is a map for morrocco up todate, lot of roads doesn't have names, have I to update my novcore in order for me tu use the ones v9? or may be it will be the same problem if i manage to do so? think you very much for your time

Morocco 945 6176 is the current USABLE map. If there was a newer USABLE version, it would have been posted instead of Morocco 945 6176.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v9XX