TomTom One update help please   

TomTom One update help please

Postby moj2911 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:22 pm

Hi guys (and gals),

Was about to sell my tomtom one 3rd edition as it is very outdated (2008 maps) but then found this site and want to update my maps now. However, I am a total noob with tomtoms (sorry!) and I am worried of losing the current maps in case something goes wrong.

I checked the tutorials but couldn't find an exact step-by-step guide and I am confused now.

1) If I backup the device with TomTom Home, can I restore it to its original state even though the new maps/software would be patched? Or will I need to do a manual copy-paste backup of all the current folders?

2) What is the exact procedure? Backup using TomTom home, copy new maps to root directory, patch?

3) Do I have to update/patch my navcore? Everything is up-to-date on TomTom Home.

4) Can I still connect to TomTom Home after installing new maps (e.g. for backup/restore, map sharing, etc) or will that cause a problem?

5) What maps do I need to install for UK? I ran the current configuration app and it gave the following info:

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v6)
BootLoaderVersion=55001
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland
CurrentMapVersion=715.1689
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...

Sorry for the repetitive nature of the question and thanks in advance for your help!!
moj2911 offline

Re: TomTom One update help please

Postby tendriver » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:41 pm

moj2911 wrote:1) If I backup the device with TomTom Home, can I restore it to its original state even though the new maps/software would be patched? Or will I need to do a manual copy-paste backup of all the current folders?
2) What is the exact procedure? Backup using TomTom home, copy new maps to root directory, patch?
3) Do I have to update/patch my navcore? Everything is up-to-date on TomTom Home.
4) Can I still connect to TomTom Home after installing new maps (e.g. for backup/restore, map sharing, etc) or will that cause a problem?
5) What maps do I need to install for UK? I ran the current configuration app and it gave the following info:

Welcome to Navitotal!!
1. We do not backup with TT Home. Yes, do a copy & paste to your desktop. Yes, if you remove the patched setup & replace it with the backup, it will be totally restored.
2. Old map folder out, new map folder in. Patch navcore & map with FastActivate. Done!!
3. Yes, you can update your navcore, if you wish to. A patched map requires a patched navcore.
4. A patched setup functions on TT Home exactly like an unpatched setup.
5. UK & ROI 955-6801
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Re: TomTom One update help please

Postby moj2911 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:03 pm

tendriver wrote:
moj2911 wrote:1) If I backup the device with TomTom Home, can I restore it to its original state even though the new maps/software would be patched? Or will I need to do a manual copy-paste backup of all the current folders?

Welcome to Navitotal!!
1. We do not backup with TT Home. Yes, do a copy & paste to your desktop. Yes, if you remove the patched setup & replace it with the backup, it will be totally restored.
2. Old map folder out, new map folder in. Patch navcore & map with FastActivate. Done!!
3. Yes, you can update your navcore, if you wish to. A patched map requires a patched navcore.
4. A patched setup functions on TT Home exactly like an unpatched setup.
5. Stand by!!

You are an absolute legend mate! Managed to find the maps version which I required. All installed and running great!

The tutorials/thread make the process seem so much more complicated than they really are! I can't believe how easy it was in the end, just a simple copy and paste. I was panicking for no reason LOL.

Thanks again, this website has brought back life to something which was packed away for years and ready to be sold!! Now it is resting peacefully in my car's glove compartment where it belongs, hah!
moj2911 offline

Return to > Maps v9XX