Problems Updating maps - One XL   

Problems Updating maps - One XL

Postby leader97 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 pm

I'd appreciate help with an odd problem with my TT One XL. I've never had a problem updating maps until now. Before TomTom withdrew support for One XL it was easy - I just went as if to buy a map on TomTom Home and saw what version they offered me. Now I can't do that.

I'm currently running United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_980_7971

So using the 'Map Compatibility Chart' my update should be United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_985_8211 then 990_8365

In February I activated the new 985_8211 map with no problems (I got a .dct) but when I put it on my TT it didn't work and the TT won't boot - just stuck on the TomTom logo.

I tried a reset of my TT and also did a clear flash, but it still wouldn't boot with the new map. So I put the old 980_7971 back and decided to wait for the next update.

But I have the same problem now with 990_8365 so I am back to 980_7971 again!

I'm wondering if it's something with my navcore, but I really don't know. And it's the same navcore as it's always been since I changed it a few years ago.

Here's my TT spec:

[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom TOMTOM
DeviceVersionHW=TOMTOM
DeviceSerialNumber=L1xxxxxxxxxxx
DeviceUniqueID=***** *****
RamDiskVersion=20130404
BootLoaderVersion=10012
LinuxVersion=1000
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9530
ApplicationVersion=1234792.98
UserLanguage=English UK

Thank you.

Edit:

[Solved - I think!] I worked it out. Using the Map Compatibility Chart based on my previous maps wasn't helpful this time. That map didn't work on my TT.

So I upgraded my navcore to 9.510 DSA 32MB ram (thanks to a post by Holyhead) and then installed maps 990.8306. Everything is working fine! Plus I've got LoquendoTTS & VocalizerTTS (though I'll stick with Serena's lovely computer voice :) )
leader97 offline

Re: Problems Updating maps - One XL

Postby fredderf » Wed May 24, 2017 4:02 pm

I was just about to link you to one of Holyhead's posts but it seems you've already found it.

That navcore has a built in swap file so you can now run fully featured maps without your device falling over due to running out of RAM....as well as the other improvements you mention
Btw, the computer voice might not be as nice to listen to as Serena but it does give a lot more information when on the road...like how far to next services etc

Anyway, good job
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby leader97 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Thanks so much fredderf. Me and Serena are, well, like old friends... But I'll certainly give the others a go as you suggest and see what extra I get. I'm so pleased to be up and running! Digging into the forum archives was such a useful education for me! Keep up the good work, and my thanks to you and your colleagues.
leader97 offline

Postby fredderf » Wed May 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Glad it worked out well for you

Our pleasure from both Holyhead & myself
fredderf offline

Administrator

Return to > Maps v9XX