Memory size for One XL IQ route   

Postby tendriver » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:57 pm

Capo wrote:I think something is wrong with your internet browser because I used your account to try and no problem for me, look your thanks below this post...
So, update or change your browser by another one...

QPR_FC wrote:I still can't 'thank you' as I have insufficient privileges......so how about an old fashioned "Thank You for your assistance"

Capo logged in using your account. He had no problem. It appears that you have a issue with your puter.

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Ideal » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:23 pm

mimi30 wrote:My navcore is 9.465 but the problem is more to find an "Western and central Europe" that is no more that 1.7Gb

Hello.
I have the same device, 2gb size limit. I wanted to drive from Norway through the South of Spain and as such needed one continuous map, not what TOMTOM suggested that you have to select what small part to put on it.

I successfully solved this conundrum.

First you download the map you want.
Then you use something called Gestpoi to decompress the map.
Then you delete all the crap/rubbish/meaningless McDonalds poi's and all that kind of crap, the only thing I left on was gas-stations and airports. Then you recompress the map. Your map will now be the same map, less the rubbish, and at a much much smaller size. That wasn't enough though, it was VEEERY close. So I had to delete the voices and car images that I didn't need. There are images of cars that you will never use, so just delete them. Delete all the voices for languages that you don't plan to use. I left only English, SPanish and NOrwegian, and deleted the rest.

And BOOM! It fits the larger map on your device. Gestpoi is a brilliant application. I don't remember where I downloaded it from, but hey, you've got google to help you with that.
Ideal offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:24 am

I was not aware that Gestpoi can handle the encrypted POI files of the TT maps, last time I checked the program was only making a big mess.
Since this might interest mor users, could you please provide a tutorial with step by step instructions?
A few screenshot on way would be perfect to illustrate.
We would add this info to the tutorial section for further reference.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Ideal » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Hello, I have been experimenting with Gestpoi today. It seems that it works with some maps' poi.dat file, and then not with other maps poi.dat file, for no apparent reason.
What you do is go here: [Please Register or Login to download file]
Then you download the 1.40 beta, and then the 1.40 beta 2 upgrade is installed after the main program.

What you'd do if you are unable to use the program to extract your poi.dat, is use the compress function and then click "generate empty poi.dat" I have not confirmed that the 1kb poi.dat this generates will work, but I am pretty sure it will.

If you are able to extract it, the process is quite simple. You can go to the extracted files folder and delete whatever you want before recompressing, or you can use the built in handler option but then that is a bit clumsy.

I guess it is a bit hit or miss, but my suggestion is that you first try to extract the poi.dat and if it works then yahay and woop-woop, and if it doesn't extract like it should then you have an incompatible map and you should use the generate empty poi.dat option. It seems completely random whether or not the maps work, for example I tried six different 870.X maps and it worked on two of them, France and Iberia, and then the website says it will not work with 7.X and above maps.. so clearly it is hit or miss, you will just have to try and then see. Maybe if I downloaded all the different versions of the 2gb Europe map I could try them all, but I have only 2 mbit internet here in Spain so it is going rather slowly for me, I am only halfway on the one that there is a meta file for, and I been going all day as well as some of yesterday...
Ideal offline

Previous

Return to > Maps v9XX