Confusion concerning the new Map coverage   

Confusion concerning the new Map coverage

Postby jackjean » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:48 pm

Hi everyone,
I used to downlaod 2 times a year Europe Maps corresponding to my TT XL (2gb memory App 9.510). I always choosed Europe South, covering from Spain to Germany, that is my major traveling area.
Since maps 96x, I am pertty upset to discover than the new TT map sharing introduce a notion of "zones". The problem is that after downlaoding the map Europe South 975 7685 (which is mentionned as including Germany) I discover that it is not true...
After testing the Europe Zone South 975 7688, the problem is exactly the same.
Looking at the TT website, it is confirmed that a map of Europe South must include Germany.
Could someone tell me why this missing ?
Thank you in advance!
jackjean offline

Re: Confusion concerning the new Map coverage

Postby fredderf » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:56 am

TT have made a few changes to map coverage over the last couple of Europe map series which has caused a lot of confusion.

It was done due to map size constraints otherwise the maps would be too large to fit on devices that have no SD card slot.

- Southern and Eastern zones of the Europe (no IQ Routes) map will be reduced in size:
Southern Zone will cover: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the Canary Islands and Vatican City, France and Monaco.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby mmkrvms » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:16 pm

Then you can use the "western Europe" map, which corresponds to the "Europe south" map before.
mmkrvms offline

Postby Razorblatter » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:38 am

Well beware, Western Europe is a pretty big map. Unusable if you have a computer voice or a lot of unused recorded voices. Also, zip codes or raster files might just require a bit too much of storage space.
I replace the poi.dat file with of the 960 Europe_South file to save some storage space.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby mmkrvms » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:02 am

As for me, I replace the poi.dat file with of the France map, and I delete all the files I don't need for. Then it's OK for my 2Gb device.
mmkrvms offline

Return to > Maps v9XX