TT Carminat   

Re: TT Carminat

Postby holyhead » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:15 am

ErikFl wrote:I have a correct ttgo.bif file. Otherwise the Fastactivate.exe don't work correctly.

I got a succesfull execution from that step.

Can I use a microSD with the adapter? Or must it be a SD card?

Both can be used. Try the follewing place the ttgo.bif file and FastAktivate in the Country map and aktivated.
Further I don,t know what is going wrong.
Other map ?
Fresh FastAktivate ?
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby ErikFl » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:55 pm

holyhead wrote:
ErikFl wrote:This didn't work either.

Are you shure that you have the right ttgo.bif file and not ttgo.bif.txt

I tried this with a Micro SD in an adapter. Can it be that this turns into an error? I have found an empty SD card (2GB). Which map (Western Europe) can I use for the Carminat and which navecore?.
ErikFl wrote:This didn't work either.

I tried this with a Micro SD in an adapter. Can it be that this turns into an error? I have found an empty SD card (2GB). Which map (Western Europe) can I use for the Carminat and which navecore?.

You can only use the navcore from post 12.
Western_Europe 980_7898
noref.php?url=http://relink.to/f/7ac87b9930ef9b68a7a86d71bbc17d
Is too big 2gb

THERE IS A PROBLEM REPORTING OFFLINE FILES. IF FILES APPEAR TO BE OFFLINE, THEY ARE NOT.
JUST CLICK ON FILE TO DOWNLOAD

This didn't fit on the 2GB card, and on the mico SD card it didn't work. Can it be another setting in the carminat?
ErikFl offline

Postby holyhead » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:19 pm

I don,t think so. When you bought the Renault model 2011 are you sure that it was fitted with navcore 8.842 or lower. In 2011 Renault introduced Carminat Live. If your Carminat has Live then updating from free maps is not possible. You can try Australia_980_7898 to see if that works.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby ErikFl » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:56 pm

holyhead wrote:I don,t think so. When you bought the Renault model 2011 are you sure that it was fitted with navcore 8.842 or lower. In 2011 Renault introduced Carminat Live. If your Carminat has Live then updating from free maps is not possible. You can try Australia_980_7898 to see if that works.
Thanks for the reply. The original was indeed Carminat Live. So it isn't possible to update this one? Not even with a lower navcore and a western europe map?
ErikFl offline

Postby holyhead » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:06 pm

ErikFl wrote:
holyhead wrote:I don,t think so. When you bought the Renault model 2011 are you sure that it was fitted with navcore 8.842 or lower. In 2011 Renault introduced Carminat Live. If your Carminat has Live then updating from free maps is not possible. You can try Australia_980_7898 to see if that works.
Thanks for the reply. The original was indeed Carminat Live. So it isn't possible to update this one? Not even with a lower navcore and a western europe map?

No, you can,t lower the navcore and I must say I asked in post 3 wich navcore you had and you said the 8.842. Lets keep it to some misunderstanding. So unfortunately you can only buy a new map.
Maybe there is a solution somewhere on the Net. A little google will sometimes help.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby ErikFl » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:13 pm

holyhead wrote:
ErikFl wrote:

No, you can,t lower the navcore and I must say I asked in post 3 wich navcore you had and you said the 8.842. Lets keep it to some misunderstanding. So unfortunately you can only buy a new map.
Maybe there is a solution somewhere on the Net. A little google will sometimes help.
Ok Thanks. Sorry for the misunderstanding. The original info is:
BootLoaderVersion=839378
LinuxVersion=1574740
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9884
ApplicationVersion=1609031.550

I did some google on the internet and thought that 8442 the navcore must be to correct navcore for me. So that's why I answered this version.

When I got any luck I will post it here.
ErikFl offline

Postby dauhee » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:24 pm

I am on 9.844 carminat (not live I think, and not 9.884). If you ever have any luck please let me know, thanks
dauhee offline

Postby mrljina » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Renault Laguna 2011 year, in car sd card with "Scandinavia" map, and navcore 7.842.

Bought new SD card 8 GB, and here is the procedure what I did with it

First put new card into car for initalize, after that go to my laptop and first from old navi card write down device code from tom-tom home. Downloaded latest navcore, extracted it with winrar, and from map "install/DS1" copied those two files to root of sd card after which I extracted these files to sd card.

Founded file "~tsystem" renamed to "ttsystem". Used fastactivate and patch the PNDnavigator.

Created a text file with notepad called ttgo.bif (NOT ttgo.bif.txt) and inside put these lines:
DeviceName=Carminat TomTom
DeviceUniqueID=XXXXXXXXXX (Your Unique Device ID with no spaces)
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8842 (Your Current navcore version, this is the latest official)

Added map folder in sd card (Europe_980_7899) and after copy is done fastactivate to patch map

Founded folder called "loopdir", and delete file inside called “ext3_loopback” or “loopback.ex3”.

After all that go to car and got error that I cannot use that map!!!

When I put map Europe 970_7467 get info "Map not found"
When I put map Europe 980_7898 get info "You cannot use this map on this device: Europe-100936"
When I put map Europe 980_7899 get info "You cannot use this map on this device: Europe-100937"

Obvioustly doing something wrong.

Please help if your card is working, what am I doing wrong???

Thank you
mrljina offline

Postby holyhead » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:19 pm

mrljina wrote:Renault Laguna 2011 year, in car sd card with "Scandinavia" map, and navcore 7.842.

Bought new SD card 8 GB, and here is the procedure what I did with it

First put new card into car for initalize, after that go to my laptop and first from old navi card write down device code from tom-tom home. Downloaded latest navcore, extracted it with winrar, and from map "install/DS1" copied those two files to root of sd card after which I extracted these files to sd card.

Founded file "~tsystem" renamed to "ttsystem". Used fastactivate and patch the PNDnavigator.

Created a text file with notepad called ttgo.bif (NOT ttgo.bif.txt) and inside put these lines:
DeviceName=Carminat TomTom
DeviceUniqueID=XXXXXXXXXX (Your Unique Device ID with no spaces)
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8842 (Your Current navcore version, this is the latest official)

Added map folder in sd card (Europe_980_7899) and after copy is done fastactivate to patch map

Founded folder called "loopdir", and delete file inside called “ext3_loopback” or “loopback.ex3”.

After all that go to car and got error that I cannot use that map!!!

When I put map Europe 970_7467 get info "Map not found"
When I put map Europe 980_7898 get info "You cannot use this map on this device: Europe-100936"
When I put map Europe 980_7899 get info "You cannot use this map on this device: Europe-100937"

Obvioustly doing something wrong.

Please help if your card is working, what am I doing wrong???

Thank you

There is no metacode from Europe_980_7899 this mean it can,t be used
Instead use Europe 980_7898
Use FastAktivate.exe
Select 2 and 3
Wait for the announcement navcore Patched.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby mrljina » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:22 pm

holyhead wrote:There is no metacode from Europe_980_7899 this mean it can,t be used

Ok, since I'm not so good with tomtom, where can I find metacode, and what to do with it.

Must I put it in txt file, save it as meta.txt, where to put it on sd card?

Thx
mrljina offline

Postby holyhead » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:45 pm

mrljina wrote:
holyhead wrote:There is no metacode from Europe_980_7899 this mean it can,t be used

Ok, since I'm not so good with tomtom, where can I find metacode, and what to do with it.

Must I put it in txt file, save it as meta.txt, where to put it on sd card?

Thx

Use Europe 980_7898 and FastAktivate that is all.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby mrljina » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:10 am

Ok, tried it with deleting map folder on sd card (the new one that I tried before), transfered map Europe_980_7898, and then started FastActivate, and here are the messages.

When I press 2 I get info
"Incomplete maps: Europe-100936.meta = .dct ERROR

When I press 3 I get info
"Your navcore have been Patched already"

Still unable to use it in car, where I get info "You cannot use this map - Europe 100936" :022:
mrljina offline

Postby holyhead » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:19 am

You can try the next procedure.

0) Put a new sd-card in your Radio/Carminat and let create the folder "loopdir"

1) Extract "NC_8842_Full_Complete_Install_yDGpatch.zip" and copy folders and files to your sd-card.
[Please Register or Login to download file]

2) Copy the "ttgo.bif" file that you made to the root of the SD card

3) Use map Europe 980.7898 Unpack it and
Copy the new map to your SD card in its own folder.
When you open the map you see the individual files.
Not a map in a map.
4) Copy "FastActivate.exe" to your SD Card root.
Run "FastActivate.exe".
   Select 2.

Done
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby mrljina » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:11 pm

Done all by the upper explanation, except after copying map on the sd card root, first press 1 (update meta), and after that press 2 (patch maps).

When I followed strict rules and only press 2, I get info "Incomplete map, meta error".

Thx a lot, finally working :023:
mrljina offline

Postby holyhead » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:21 pm

mrljina wrote:Done all by the upper explanation, except after copying map on the sd card root, first press 1 (update meta), and after that press 2 (patch maps).

When I followed strict rules and only press 2, I get info "Incomplete map, meta error".

Thx a lot, finally working :023:

If you have downloaded the latest FastAktivate you don,t have to update the meta. But finally it works and that is importent.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

PreviousNext

Return to > Maps v9XX