Can I edit maps somehow?   

Can I edit maps somehow?

Postby looneylv » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Can I edit maps somehow?

Long story short its been 3 days to get Europe_east map as a free user from that stupid slow rapidgator(and NO i wont pay 13$ for 1day service), now literaly my tomtomXL2 dosent have like 50-100mb of space to finish copying this map. I have deleted everything except the system files and with 1.80gb(from 1.85gb) it is still not enough

Can i somehow edit/delete like turkey, bulgaria, greece, romania, moldova, ukrane.... from the map to get it into my device, i wont go anyway to these country's, so i have no point in them on the device! Or will it f... up with the meta and tomtom wont recognise the map?
looneylv offline

Re: Can I edit maps somehow?

Postby tendriver » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:43 am

looneylv wrote:1. 3 days to get Europe_east map as a free user from that stupid slow XXXXXXXXXX
2. (and NO i wont pay 13$ for 1day service),

1. Navitotal doesn't upload to XXXXXXXXXX, meaning you have downloaded a 3rd party map, which Navitotal doesn't support.
2. Nor will you ever be asked to pay to download anything that Navitotal uploads!!!
Take a look at:
Eastern_Europe_960_7056 (443MB)
Eastern_Europe_960_7075 (417MB)

What device??
What navcore??
Europe East 960.XXXX??
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby looneylv » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:04 pm

1. Sorry mistype - it was ment for filefactory ;)
2. I need east part of central europe(Italy, Germany, Austria, Swiss, Czech Republic) and Baltics because i live in Latvia. Sadly but eastern europe dosent provide(even some part of) central europe region. Will have trip soon, thats why i need those country's. Wanted the 'europe east' cuz time to time i drive to scandinavia region and would be cool to take my tomtom on my windshield.

Device: TomTom XL2 IQ routes Europe edition.
Funny enough, it had whole 'Europe' map inside with the device space, but sadly they are too outdated to be usable in any way (v890)
Navcore: 9510

:( I guess easy'er will be redownload CEE map....
looneylv offline

Postby gugutm » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:17 am

yes i would like to know aswell is there any way to edit the map, cos i leave in Lithuania, and i just need UK, France,Germany,Netherlands ,Belgium, Poland ,Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia i dont need rest of the countries
gugutm offline

Postby fredderf » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:00 am

gugutm wrote:yes i would like to know aswell is there any way to edit the map, cos i leave in Lithuania, and i just need UK, France,Germany,Netherlands ,Belgium, Poland ,Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia i dont need rest of the countries

No, I'm afraid not
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby Razorblatter » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:10 am

No, no picking and choosing within an existing map.
Two things you can do:
- Delete (if present) cspeech files as these are not needed within map except when you want to use computer voice. You might pick and choose cspeech files that you will be wanting to use.
- Delete or replace poi.dat file. File containing all Places of Interest. You might replace it with smaller poi file of a (group of) countrie(s) which you're interested in. Poi files can easily be replaced.

You can regain storage space on your device by deleting unused (computer) voices, zip codes or images.
Last edited by Razorblatter on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby gugutm » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:17 pm

ok thanks for answer cos i got tomtom xxl and its got only 2gb memory inside so that is why i was wondering, because new 965 maps they to big for full europe, so i was wondering, advice i will need to look for older maps but 1gb, is anyone could recommend it?

thanks
in advance
gugutm
gugutm offline

Postby fredderf » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:47 pm

gugutm wrote:ok thanks for answer cos i got tomtom xxl and its got only 2gb memory inside so that is why i was wondering, because new 965 maps they to big for full europe, so i was wondering, advice i will need to look for older maps but 1gb, is anyone could recommend it?

[Please Register or Login to download file]
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby gugutm » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:33 pm

Hi Fredderf

yes it is smart but anyway how i will add 2.5gb maps in my tomtom if it is got only 2gb hdd?

cos as i understand it should be in you device and then i can edit them

thanks
gugutm
gugutm offline

Postby Razorblatter » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:59 am

You don't edit a map on your device but you choose to install a zone (Europe-Central, East; North; South or West) which contains the countries you need.

If you buy the European map you can switch the installed zone. At Navitotal you can select the zone you need, install and patch it.
Unfortunately TT has changed the countries in the latest 965 maps with most features which makes them useless in a lot if cases. Better to choose for a 960 zone map. At least in my opinion.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby fredderf » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:33 pm

gugutm wrote:how i will add 2.5gb maps in my tomtom if it is got only 2gb hdd?

cos as i understand it should be in you device and then i can edit them

Have a look at posts #28, #48, #53 in this thread to see if they will suit your needs.

As Razorblatter's already said, there's been a lot of changes in the new 965/966 European maps so you'll need to look at features/countries/size of map and make your choice between a single 965/966 map or combination of zones....or use an older 960 map.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby Razorblatter » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:59 pm

I now added a graphical representation (a map view) of the high level (965_7250) maps which should be helpful in choosing maps.
...Or rather indicate the problem of choosing a suitable map.
For instance: Europe South used to contain Benelux, Germany and Austria. Not anymore, now these are replaced by Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Kosovo, Serbia, Slovenia and a few other East-European countries.

No suitable map to drive from Benelux or Germany to Spain or Portugal!
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to > Maps v9XX