Eagleeye17 wrote:First of all: A Happy New Year to all of you.
I surely could use some help.
I have a TomTom XXL IQ Routes edition.
The map (Europe_2GB, v835.2448) is heavily outdated, so I installed TomTom HOME 2 on my laptop.
TomTom HOME 2 suggests to buy the map Western_Europe_980_7957.
So I downloaded it via Relink.to and unzipped it to my harddrive.
Once unzipped there were 2 maps: Western_Europe_980_7957 and Western_Mediterranean_Islands_980_7899.
First I removed the old Europe_2GB map from my TomTom.
Then, when I tried to copy the Western Europe map to my TomTom, it turns out to be too big (Total size: 1,84 GB, available space: 1,73 GB).
The Western_Mediterranean_Islands_980_7899 needs an additional 42MB available space.
This raises some quentions:
1. How can the files be too big when the original software suggests to buy and install Western_Europe_980_7957?
2. Are there any old files on my device which can (or must) be removed as well, before I can install the maps?
3. Which other map(s) can I install, still being able to use the fully potential of my device? (the following countries are necessary: Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, UK and all Scandinavian countries).
I would appreciate your help.
1. Read carefully it said that these day,s the maps are to big so you have to pick a zonemap with less country,s
2. The only thing you have to remove is your old map.
Nederland, België, Luxemburg, Duitsland, Estland, Letland, Litouwen,
Finland, Denemarken, Ierland, Noorwegen, Rusland, Engeland, Zweden