TTS Voices for Android   

TTS Voices for Android

Postby magicone58 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:57 am

Hi,
I recently replaced my double din Win CE GPS unit in my car with an Android unit. I am absolutely loving it but I can not see the option of selecting the "Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1-lua-dri40-vssq5f22" which is there in the software package but can not see it in the program itself.

There was apk included for Ivona (Ivona-Nicole-AU-English) which one installs and then once it is installed it downloads the TTS engine; however the download is failing at this point.

Is there some other TTS engine I can install to get the included TTS voice active in the program?

Are maps, voices, speed cams and POIs interchangeable between Android and Win CE?

Anyone knows where I can get some voices from?

Thanks
magicone58 offline

Re: TTS Voices for Android

Postby magicone58 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:16 am

Ok guys,
I downloaded the SVOX TTS engine on my device and I can now use the TTS that came with the software package. Pretty ordinary sounding though. Sounds like a computer not a natural voice. Anyway if someone can comment on my other questions that would be great.

Cheers
magicone58 offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:31 pm

Yes, content is interchangeable. Where is home? Post your program root files/folders. I've heard that SVOX is OK.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby magicone58 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:09 pm

@chas52, Tried putting the TTS voices from my win CE content into the the Android voices folder (eg Voice_Eng-uk-f3-lua) but iGO keeps crashing on startup.

Removed the voices added and all is working well. Not sure why, the one TTS voice that came wit the unit is has 'lua' scripting just like the ones I added.
magicone58 offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:12 pm

What program are you talking about and what version? Post the names of your program root files/folders.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Languages, voices, speedcams