Strange behavior of Red Light Camera warning   

Strange behavior of Red Light Camera warning

Postby upss » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:54 am

On a WinCE with Primo 2.4, I have a strange behavior of Red Light Camera warning. In my speedcam.txt file all of the camera TYPE are either 1=Speed Camera or 3=Red Light Camera and all of them use DIRTYPE=0 which is from ALL directions and DIRECTION=0 which is "direction degree" and I am not sure what means.

I have an intersection with a Red Light Camera where I get the Red Light Camera warning from all directions EXCEPT going North through the intersection. I wasn't sure if that behavior was unique to that location so to troubleshoot the problem I entered similar data at an intersection near my house. Both locations now behave exactly the same, I get the warning from all directions except going North. Does anyone have any good explanation for this behavior?
upss offline

Re: Strange behavior of Red Light Camera warning

Postby chas521 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:28 pm

That is strange. I believe there is a skin [Dimka?] that lets you edit a particular red light camera at a particular location without editing the content\speedcam.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Re: Strange behavior of Red Light Camera warning

Postby upss » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:48 pm

You are right it is Dimka skin which I use too. First I thought maybe it was the Skin problem so I tried it without the skin and I had the same problem. Also, I know that you can add the Red Light Camera with the Dimka skin to any location without editing the speedcam.txt but I didn't want to introduce another variable so I actually edited the speedcam.txt file.

My next test would be adding the Red Light Camera using the Dimka skin and see if I have the same problem. I wished I could use the emulator to test this problem but unfortunately the camera warning doesn't work in emulation.
upss offline

Return to Languages, voices, speedcams