JTs WinCE Primo US TTS Voice Package - Version 2.0   

Re: JTs WinCE Primo US TTS Voice Package - Version 2.0

Postby jbrutwhat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:04 pm

I went ahead and tested it out. Everything seems to load up fine but I am still having some issues:

1) the GPS app loads instantly rather than loading after I click it. This is kind of annoying; I would rather press the app button when I want to use it. This is not an issue with the sd chip that came with the GPS.
2) None of the voices seem to work. Even the ones that aren't TTS. If I plug my old chip back in, then the standard voices work (but no TTS obviously). I looked through a lot of the settings and couldn't find anything that might make the voices enabled...

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Also, is there an option to make the GPS voice only speak over the music (i.e. turn down the music and the GPS speaks over it rather than cutting out the music entirely).

Oh and I enabled your skin, nice job. There are a ridiculous amount of extra options to play around with as well! I really hope I can get this whole thing to work. Thanks again for all of your help
jbrutwhat offline

Postby jtrosky » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Hmm - try copying the branding.zip and data.zip from your original SD card over to the new SD card (replacing the versions that are there) - that will probably fix the sound issues. Every headunit handles navigation sounds differently - and since some details related to the headuniit are probably in the data.zip.

Regarding the navigation app starting automatically, that may not be able to be fixed... I've seen a similar issue and it seems that some versions of the Primo app are customized specifically for a particular headunit. We *may* be able to fix that with some sys.txt entries - or maybe copying over your original data.zip and branding.zip may fix that too - let's see....

Regarding the way that the navigation app silences the radio when it talks, we probably can't fix that. Every headunt handles that differently and it's usually hardcoded into the headunit. I have 3 different navigation headunits - some silence the radio sounds when talking and some just lower the volume and talk over it - but you can't change it - it is what it is. I too greatly prefer the "quiet the radio sounds when talking" method myself....

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
jtrosky offline

Postby jbrutwhat » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:16 am

So adding the branding plus replacing the data.zip fixed the problem! Thanks for being patient with me. It also solved the problem of the app starting too soon. From the demo sounds, Allison and Susan sound the best to me; the men sound fine too but I think I've grown accustomed to a woman's voice for GPS from my smart phone haha

I messed around with the settings a bit. I like the idea of the dynamic volume feature but having a hard time getting it right. At one point it seemed to completely turn off the GPS volume which was quite strange...

Anyway, thank you so much for your help! Hopefully our conversation here will come in handy for others in the future as well.
jbrutwhat offline

Postby jtrosky » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:43 am

Glad to hear that you got it working! I actually prefer the Dave TTS voice myself, but the Susan voice is also great. I've found that prefer the Loquendo TTS voices (Dave, Susan, Allison and Steven) over the Nuance TTS voices (Samantha, Jill and Tom) - the Loquendo TTS engine just sounds more "natural" (less "computerized") to me....

I''m going to send you my personal email address via PM - I'd appreciate it if you could share your original branding.zip and data.zip - I'm curious what settings changed the way the app starts up (automatically or not). Actually, if you could also send me your original main Primo.exe, I'll see if I can get someone to cr@ck it for us as well.

Regarding the Decent skin, there are also lots of "hidden" hotspots that you'll learn over time. For example, if you touch the very upper-left corner of the screen, it mutes/unmutes the GPS sounds. Actually, here are some screenshots that explain all of the hotspots (I put these together for another forum)....

No route defined:

Route defined (all hotspots above, plus these additional hotspots):

Hope that helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have ANY questions or issues. Also, if the Loquendo TTS voices say anything incorrectly, we can also fix those, so let me know...

jtrosky offline

Postby jbrutwhat » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:55 pm

Sounds good, I will send you an email along soon. I noticed the hidden hotspots actually; took me a bit to get used to it but did not realize there was a mute button. That will come in handy when the GPS is talking too much!

I will also note that my GPS does look quite different from yours. Where you have a hidden button for 3d/2d, I have a little building icon. Next to that, instead of the options button, I have a compass (the buttons still work all the same though). There is also no camera button but I could care less about that.

Do you have any insight on whether I could get the skin to include buttons for play/pause and forward/reverse for music from my phone? I know its probably a long shot but I do not have steering wheel controls and this would make driving a bit safer!

I'll send you along a zip file with the original branding.zip, data.zip, and MobileNavigator.exe. Hopefully it provides you some use. FYI, I sent it in a PM as the file was too big for an email. I uploaded using the same site that you normally do
jbrutwhat offline

Postby jtrosky » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Thanks for sending the link - I appreciate it.

I just have my Decent skin setup a little differently (you can turn the 2D/3D button off and still have it work when you press there and I disable the compass on the "Quick" menu). I just like a really "uncluttered" screen. :-) I don't normally have the camera button there - I just enable it when I need to take screen pics (like to document the hotspots). Lots and lots of options to change the way things look with the Decent skin!

No, I have never heard of a way to control phone music playback from within Primo. Really, the "radio" and GPS side of things are separate and can't really interact... You *could* put music files on the same SD card as Primo and use the Primo Music Player, which may help a little, but I personally avoid that - I leave Primo to do navigation and the regular radio interface to handle music/video.

jtrosky offline

Postby jbrutwhat » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:20 pm

It was the least I could do for all the help you gave me!

The problem of it loading immediately when I start the car seems to be random (sometimes it goes and sometimes it doesn't). Regardless, I can press the menu button if it loads to exit so I can start music first. I'll certainly let you know if I have any other problems arise. As for the music problem, oh well! I figured it was worth a shot asking.
jbrutwhat offline

Postby breyes9631 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:25 am

Hi jtrosky,
-Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together. I had to download the cracked version you provided as your TTS voice package doesn't work with the genuine version of Primo that came with my new head unit. I replaced the genuine executable file that came with the unit with the one you are using and it works great!!

Many thanks!!
breyes9631 offline

Postby jimn2tdi » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Will this work on a Jensen VX7022?
jimn2tdi offline

Postby zachwgps » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 am

Link is bad. No file.
Downloading the pack you made for that other guy and using the files I need from it now though. Just thought you should know.
zachwgps offline

Postby jtrosky » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:52 pm

Link in OP has been updated (file host removes them if not downloaded in the past 30 days or something like that)...

Sent from my A1160 using Tapatalk
jtrosky offline

Postby zachwgps » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Awesome. Works great by the way!

jtrosky wrote:Link in OP has been updated (file host removes them if not downloaded in the past 30 days or something like that)...

Sent from my A1160 using Tapatalk
zachwgps offline

Postby velikazmija » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Please can sombody re-upload the "iGo US English TTS Voices by JT - Version 2.0"
velikazmija offline

Postby jtrosky » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:52 pm

Here you go...

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk
Last edited by jtrosky on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
jtrosky offline

Postby velikazmija » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Thank you very much for prompt reply.
velikazmija offline

PreviousNext

Return to Languages, voices, speedcams