Help with minor issue with Loquendo 7 TTS voices and Primo 2.4   

Re: Help with minor issue with Loquendo 7 TTS voices and Primo 2.4

Postby jtrosky » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:49 pm

I don't know how to convert the encrypted version to plain-text. Chas supplied the plain-text version (which is from the 6.9 version of Loquendo TTS engine). Loquendo will work with encrypted or plain-text version, so you do not need to convert it back to encrypted (don't know how to do that either). Would love to know to to un-encrypt the files though!

Supposedly, there is an Android app that can do the un-encryption, but I've not been able to find it (read that somewhere)...
jtrosky offline

Postby jtrosky » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:27 am

Also, be sure to download the Loquendo 7 TTS manual - it shows you all of the "special characters" that can be used to affect the way it talks when editing the .lex files. You can do some pretty interesting stuff in those .lex files!
jtrosky offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:28 pm

@jtrosky

You've had some success with Primo TTS. Hopefully, you can help me also. I've modified my config_tables file in my 2.4 Android and it still doesn't work. It still says "1st" instead of "first", "2nd" instead of "second", etc. I know that some things are built-in to the maps and can't be changed no matter what we do but do you have any ideas?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jtrosky » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:50 am

Honestly, I don't know anything about the Android version of iGo. Not even sure what TTS engine it uses. It is Loquendo, Nuance or something else entirely? I recently realized that there are also some voice-related file in the data.zip as well (LUA-related) - not sure if they may help or not (under "media_libs/voice_guidance/") - maybe something can be done there?

Like I found out with the Loquendo 7 TTS - some things just have to be done in the TTS engine files themselves (instead of the voice files). So you may have to edit some of the TTS engine files instead of the voice files.
jtrosky offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks anyway. It's NUANCE and I've tried in the language files there before I posted. No good there. Haven't looked in the data.zip. I'll take a look. If not there, then it's the map makers. :thumbdown:

EDIT: Nothing in the data.zip either.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jtrosky » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:46 pm

I took a deeper look at the files in data.zip (the .lua files). I found an .lua file decompiler for the .lua files so that you can read and edit them and re-compile them after editing. But they are more of applications and not configuration files. Much, much more involved to edit them - and probably not what you're looking for.

I'll mess around with Nuance on WinCE a little and see if I can a) duplicate the problem and b) if so, correct the issue.

Will be back in touch.
jtrosky offline

Postby jtrosky » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:00 pm

For what it's worth - on WinCE, using the Nuance (v5) "Tom" voice, it correctly says "1st" as "First", "2nd' as "Second", "3rd" as "Third", etc. So it seems to be an Android-specific issus with Nuance.

Is the Nuance (v5) "Tom" voice available on Android to test with?
jtrosky offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Please upload the Tom voice. I can possibly convert it to Android. I'm just not sure it's a voice thing. But gonna try anyway. Thanks.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jtrosky » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:22 pm

Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear. Tom was just the first Nuance voice I tested. All of the Nuance voices in WinCE work properly in this respect - so I suspect that you are correct in that the issue is not in the voice file configuration but in the TTS engine configuration somewhere.

You *should* be able to get the TTS engine to convert just about anything though. If it's in the map files as "1st", it's up to the TTS engine to convert that to "First".

Does Android use Nuance v5, just like Windows CE?

If you still want the voice files, I can upload them (although I think you already have the file with the 8 US TTS voices for Primo 2.4, which includes Tom).

Google suspended my Drive account. If you need a copy of the 8 voice archive, I'll put it on my Dropbox and send you a link via PM.
jtrosky offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:35 pm

I guess that I don't really need the voice then. I agree with you. It's not a voice issue but a NUANCE folder issue. I just can't find any modification area in the folder. And I've been all through that thing. My only wish is that iGO8 was available in Android. Because I can fix that. Thanks anyway.

Why did Google suspend you?

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Previous

Return to Languages, voices, speedcams