how to create new language ?   

how to create new language ?

Postby digital_turtle » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:21 am

i want to create new lang file by modifying the existing lang file..

so my method was by modifying the dictionary.lang file inside lang.zip..
then i save as this file and create as a new lang.zip..

however, it didn't succeed to display as a new language inside the primo if the original lang file is put together at lang folder.. but when i replace the original lang file with this one, it can successfully display and load the new words..

i already change the info.ini file with the new name and LCID to differ it with the original lang file..
but it still didn't manage to display in the primo lang menu..
i wish to put this new lang together with the original lang file..

anyone can solve this problem?
digital_turtle offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:08 pm

digital_turtle wrote:i want to create new lang file by modifying the existing lang file..

so my method was by modifying the dictionary.lang file inside lang.zip..
then i save as this file and create as a new lang.zip..

however, it didn't succeed to display as a new language inside the primo if the original lang file is put together at lang folder.. but when i replace the original lang file with this one, it can successfully display and load the new words..

i already change the info.ini file with the new name and LCID to differ it with the original lang file..
but it still didn't manage to display in the primo lang menu..
i wish to put this new lang together with the original lang file..

anyone can solve this problem?

I'm not sure that you can. When you try to change something in a file [adding or subtraction] you are "breaking" the format of the original file. When that happens then the whole file becomes unuseful. This doesn't mean that you can't continue to try. It's just possible that you might figure a way to overcome it and then you would share with us - right?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:44 pm

One way of bypassing the safety in those archives is to simply not create them.
Ok sounds weird, I try again :
If you open the original archive and unpack the files to create a new modified version you have the problem that after packing the files you will have a new archive but nothing that has the additional info needed for Igo.
Try this way :
Open the original file and unpack the files you wish to modify.
Leave the archive open!
Modify your files and when finnished usedrag and drop to put them into the original archive -they will be added/replace but the header info will stay the same.
Winrar will ask you if you want to modify the archive and you confirm.
After that it should still work and accept your changes.
If not you can try the hard way by opening the files out of the archive, modify them and close the program used for the editing, the program will send the changes to Winrar and winrar updates the file directly.

If all tat does not help than you might have a problem inside your modifications.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to > How to…