Updating Map Corrections   

Updating Map Corrections

Postby bondy99 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:02 am

Hi,

This may seem like a silly question but would like to know what the issue might be.

I have previously downloaded new maps and used FastActivate to do its work so I can get the maps to work, which is excellent.

When I connected my TomTom device via TomTom Home to see if any further updates available, it did say tiny map corrections and quickfix available.

All was downloaded but hard to say if those map corrections were installed in my TomTom device.

I logged back into TomTom and said the same thing again then up the top right hand of the interface it said map corrections have not been done for 20 weeks.

Could someone be kind enough to enlighten me as to why that would be when the map corrections have already been downloaded? Whether it was installed into my device is another matter.

I could load the 3 pics to show what I mean but unfortunately I can't see a link to upload the pics to paste here.

Cheers, Bondyz99
bondy99 offline

Re: Updating Map Corrections

Postby fredderf » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:13 pm

bondyz99 wrote:
I have previously downloaded new maps and used FastActivate to do its work so I can get the maps to work, which is excellent.

When I connected my TomTom device via TomTom Home to see if any further updates available, it did say tiny map corrections and quickfix available.

All was downloaded but hard to say if those map corrections were installed in my TomTom device.

I logged back into TomTom and said the same thing again then up the top right hand of the interface it said map corrections have not been done for 20 weeks.

Could someone be kind enough to enlighten me as to why that would be when the map corrections have already been downloaded? Whether it was installed into my device is another matter.

This is a problem that has been around for years that always appears when the latest new map is installed.

However, it will go away soon when TT enable the 'Map Share Corrections' so just be patient until then
fredderf offline

Administrator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom