Update TomTom One with France or Europe map   

Update TomTom One with France or Europe map

Postby Goldberry » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Am having a problem trying to get an updated Europe or France map on my TT and would really appreciate any help someone can give me as I have spent hours downloading and trying maps. Some examples France 975.7688, Europe 1GB South 975.7748, France_970_7490

From ttgo.bif this is my device

DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v4)

The last map I was able to get working is pretty old and used on our first trip to France and labeled Western Europe
The Navcore is 7.131 and the info from the .pna for the map is in the event this helps.
ID=Western_Europe.pna
build=1322
id=72808

The most stable Navcore that I have used on the TT is 7.903 which is what HOME updated the device to. The latest version I used is 8.545 and the following is ttgo.bif info from that install
[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v4)
DeviceSerialNumber=Z1xxxxxxx
DeviceUniqueID=AKxxxxxxxx
RamDiskVersion=20091216
BootLoaderVersion=55277
LinuxVersion=475428
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8545
ApplicationVersion=1848
UserLanguage=English US
UserName=
LastConnectionTime=Never
GPSFirmwareVersion=
BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
BuiltInColorScheme2=America
BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
BuiltInColorScheme6=Greys
BuiltInColorScheme7=Antarctica
BuiltInColorScheme8=Africa
BuiltInColorScheme9=Astra
BuiltInColorScheme10=Concordia
BuiltInColorScheme11=NewAnglia
CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=0
CurrentVoiceInfo=Lori
CurrentMap=North_America
CurrentMapVersion=870.3406
CurrentHomeLocation=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Traffic=N
CurrentFuelpricesType=
CurrentFuelpricesTypeString=
CurrentFuelpricesLastFullUpdate=
ValueRatio=BJBRRHvWRvpJv6nGaA==
Features=PlusDownloadDynamic,PlusDownloadGeneral,PlusDownloadMap,PlusDownloadPOI,PlusDownloadScheme,PlusDownloadUpgrade,PlusDownloadVoice,PlusDownloadRingTone,PlusMessageNotification,PlusPushChannel,PlusWeather,PlusEphemeris,PlusBuddies,PlusMobileSafetyCameras,PlusRoadConditions,PlusFixedSafetyCameras,PlusFuelPrices,HomeBackup,TTS,TTSCompressed,TTSLoquendo700,VoiceBrowser,LinkVolumeToSpeed,MapShare,Newyork,Itinerary,Caymann,Durham,Leeway,CarSymbol,RDSTMC,Bluetooth,SDSlot,SupportGetAMap,SettingsOverride,SDK,USBAccessories,MultipleMaps,Traffic,MapOverlays,Documents,WarningSounds
UnsupportedFeatures=PlusForceMessageNotification,PlusTraffic,PlusFuelPriceTimestamp,HDTraffic,Hercules,HerculesTraffic,Oxford,TrackMe,PlusTripReporting,OnDevicePayments,HidRemote,GPRSEngine,VoiceRecording,ASR,ASRCnC,TTSUncompressed,TTSNuance51,MP3,IPOD,MusicPlayer,PhotoViewer,PhotoJPGViewer,PhotoBMPViewer,Games,LinkVolumeToNoise,CaymannAlwaysOn,MAC,DepartureAdvisor,VehicleProfile,Handsfree,PhoneFeatures,TextureRendering,ExtraSounds,UserSkin,RichPOI,FrequentDestinations,InternalModem,Prague,HardDisk,InternalFlash,Microphone,ExternalModem,SMSSupported,Keyboard,SupportKeyControl,Work,WorkEnabled,WorkTuria,WorkMurcia,WorkBremen,WorkUsePlus,LiveServices,SimpleMapBrowserButtonBar,HTTPActivation,AltDefaultCarSymbol,ArrivalSounds
SupportedPatchTypes=3F
NrSupportedErrorTypes=132
UserPatchDatVersion=102
CompressedPatchVersion=150
MapServerPatchDatVersion=104
DeletedPoiDatVersion=200
ServerLineIndexDatVersion=102
ServerNameIndexDatVersion=102
MapShareSupportedProviders=203
CharacterSet=Latin-1
VehicleBrand=
VehicleModel=
VehicleOptions=

Can anyone provide any suggestions on what is the best map covering France and possibly a South or Western Europe map that I should be able to get working with this TT
Goldberry offline

Re: Update TomTom One with France or Europe map

Postby fredderf » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Goldberry wrote:Am having a problem trying to get an updated Europe or France map on my TT and would really appreciate any help someone can give me as I have spent hours downloading and trying maps. Some examples France 975.7688, Europe 1GB South 975.7748, France_970_7490

From ttgo.bif this is my device

The most stable Navcore that I have used on the TT is 7.903 which is what HOME updated the device to. The latest version I used is 8.545 and the following is ttgo.bif info from that install
[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v4)
DeviceSerialNumber=Z1xxxxxxx
DeviceUniqueID=AKxxxxxxxx
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8545

Can anyone provide any suggestions on what is the best map covering France and possibly a South or Western Europe map that I should be able to get working with this TT

The latest official navcore for your device is 7.903 but if you want to run fully featured maps with ALG etc, the limitation on your device is it has only 32MB RAM. You can get round this by using a specially modified navcore that has an inbuilt swap file, we usually recommend NC 9.510

As for the maps you've tried:

France 975.7688 = map has meta released but also has ALG so a 32MB device will struggle with this unless you've installed a modified NC
Europe 1GB South 975.7748 = has meta released and it is compatible with all NC's 7.8xx and above so should be fine
France_970_7490 = no meta code available at this time so unable to activate

Try Europe 1GB South 975.7748 again but make sure that FastActivate is fully up to date by selecting option 9, then 2 & 3....and you should be good to go

Btw: If you're downloading a map in preparation for a future holiday, keep your 'home' map installed but also install your 'holiday' map & press the switch map button when you're actually there. If available space is an issue, use an SD card
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby Goldberry » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:50 pm

fredderf thank you for assisting me.

The Europe 1GB South 975.7748 that I downloaded was the version with automatic installer and patcher. I tried it again and still get Problem with map you cannot use this map on this device: Europe_1gb_South-100877. I downloaded and tried NC 9.510 which worked with my North American although it had no voices (that probably would be easy to solve I hope)

I am going to try to download the other file and try using fastactivate to see if it helps. I haven't used this before so is this the correct procedure unpack the map, then place the country folder on your sd card then run fastactivate?

When using fastactivate can I simply plug the SD card with Navcor on it to my PC then run fastactivate from its folder or is it better to place the .exe and meta.txt file on my SD card

The current Western Europe map if I load it I am able to set up a route and or Itinerary if I have satellites and that at least confirms it will work, hoping a newer map will do the same.

I am using SD card as I have found the latest North American maps take up more than 1gb and usually must be deleted to put on a European map.
Goldberry offline

Postby Goldberry » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:40 pm

I believe I now have several working SD's one with Nav 7.903 and another with Nav 8.544. I am able to create a route and view it so they should work.

For others reading the thread the problem seems to be with the automatic installer and patcher. After obtaining the fastactivate and using it on the maps placed on my SD card then they worked.

As far as Navcore goes am I better to use 7.903 or 8.544?
Goldberry offline

Postby fredderf » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Goldberry wrote:As far as Navcore goes am I better to use 7.903 or 8.544?

It's up to you but the newer the NC, the more map choice is available, so NC 9.510 is compatible with all maps.

Voices should be contained in a folder in the root of the device named voices...you can copy a voices folder over from another setup
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby Goldberry » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:34 pm

How can I tell if a map has ALG to avoid problems?

For example does the full Europe South 975.7748 not have ALG making it suitable for my 32mb TT?

I have the Europe 1GB South 975.7748 working but wonder when the size is reduced what I might lose in map info.
Goldberry offline

Postby holyhead » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Goldberry wrote:How can I tell if a map has ALG to avoid problems?

For example does the full Europe South 975.7748 not have ALG making it suitable for my 32mb TT?

I have the Europe 1GB South 975.7748 working but wonder when the size is reduced what I might lose in map info.

And even on 32 MB ram, you can use Alg. I am using it for years know without any problems.
Before in post 2 Fredderf mentioned the special NC 9510 so try it out in practice.

Further Look to the scheme

maps-v9xx-f179/975-976-map-collections-only-t19029.html
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby fredderf » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Goldberry wrote:
1. How can I tell if a map has ALG to avoid problems?
2. For example does the full Europe South 975.7748 not have ALG making it suitable for my 32mb TT?
3. I have the Europe 1GB South 975.7748 working but wonder when the size is reduced what I might lose in map info.

1. By consulting the compatibility chart that is at the top of all of the map threads...or click [Please Register or Login to download file]
2. 975.7748 maps do not have any advanced features like ALG etc....again, look at the chart
3. Glad to hear it's working now. The roads will be the same on any map but the map images are not so well defined. It makes no difference to routes etc but not quite as pretty.

My old One XL couldn't cope with ALG and used to reboot constantly due to the lack of available RAM when on a medium to long route which made it unusable. The problem went away after I used NC 9.510 with an inbuilt swap file. Obviously Holyhead hasn't experienced this but as he said, try it out and see how you get on.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby Goldberry » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:49 pm

I have placed NC 9.510 on to test it out. Seems to work okay but the Samantha voice which is the only one not human and which when selecting voices TT says it needs for some reads has no sound. It works fine with 8.544 and 7.903.
Any idea why no sound and also is it even needed. I don't use speed cams or other items just the basic GPS.
Goldberry offline

Postby holyhead » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:26 pm

Download the attached file and I expect that it works (computervoice integrated)

[Please Register or Login to download file]
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Goldberry » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:04 pm

holyhead wrote:Download the attached file and I expect that it works (computervoice integrated)

thanks for the file. It appears to be a full 9.510 when extracted. So do I just replace my existing 9.510 on my SD with these files then patch it? or can I just move and replace some of the files with those on my SD?
Goldberry offline

Postby holyhead » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:09 pm

Goldberry wrote:
holyhead wrote:Download the attached file and I expect that it works (computervoice integrated)

thanks for the file. It appears to be a full 9.510 when extracted. So do I just replace my existing 9.510 on my SD with these files then patch it? or can I just move and replace some of the files with those on my SD?

Remove you excisting 9510 (keep the maps) and place the new 9510 on the SD. Is already been patched.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom